gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
I was suprised to see he was actually gaming that white cobra driver. I thought it was more of a show thing when they showed him on that ad. Anyone else see that?

I was suprised to see he was actually gaming that white cobra driver. I thought it was more of a show thing when they showed him on that ad. Anyone else see that?

he's had good success with it the last 2 weeks, a win and a 2nd place.

It was posted in the White driver thread a couple of weeks ago. Of course he is gaming it. Cobra is trying everything to get it in front of people. Lets not forget that this is NOT a new driver and the only way they are going to sell a year old driver priced through the roof is to have it shown on tour.

I doubt he has a choice. I don't know a thing about how the sponsorship contracts are written but I would be willing to bet that he has to play the clubs they want him to play or repay some sponsorship dollars and forfeit some future dollars. It would be interesting to get inside some of these guys' heads and find out if they actually like the clubs they are paid to play or not.

On a side note, I have noticed that Lee Westwood is sponsored by Dunlop as well as Ping. The last "What's in the Bag" I saw said he plays ping clubs, does he use anything Dunlop? Divot tool? LOL Isn't Dunlop a somewhat major sporting goods player in Europe? Kind of like Slazenger... Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

I doubt he has a choice. I don't know a thing about how the sponsorship contracts are written but I would be willing to bet that he has to play the clubs they want him to play or repay some sponsorship dollars and forfeit some future dollars. It would be interesting to get inside some of these guys' heads and find out if they actually like the clubs they are paid to play or not.

On a side note, I have noticed that Lee Westwood is sponsored by Dunlop as well as Ping. The last "What's in the Bag" I saw said he plays ping clubs, does he use anything Dunlop? Divot tool? LOL Isn't Dunlop a somewhat major sporting goods player in Europe? Kind of like Slazenger... Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread.

Not really the case. Guys have deals that involve how many clubs are in their bag. Very few have deals that say they have to play the latest. Truth is, Ian played the ZL previously and liked it. This is the same driver, just painted. They asked if he would do it and he agreed. Sure there is influence but many guys dont play the newest stuff or limited edition stuff.

As for Dunlop, no, he is not sponsored by Dunlop Golf, but them as a corporation.

Not really the case. Guys have deals that involve how many clubs are in their bag. Very few have deals that say they have to play the latest. Truth is, Ian played the ZL previously and liked it. This is the same driver, just painted. They asked if he would do it and he agreed. Sure there is influence but many guys dont play the newest stuff or limited edition stuff.

As for Dunlop, no, he is not sponsored by Dunlop Golf, but them as a corporation.

Thank god.
Dunlop Golf would get him nowhere. TRUST me.

Didn't Daly use a Dunlop putter for a while? Just for the cash, obviously.

Think Lee carries the Dunlop logo on some of his clothing, but I'd doubt he has anything made by the golf arm of the company.

Didn't Daly use a Dunlop putter for a while? Just for the cash, obviously.

Think Lee carries the Dunlop logo on some of his clothing, but I'd doubt he has anything made by the golf arm of the company.

mr. westwood's shirts look like a wall in the outfield of a MLB stadium! it's probably a good thing, cause we all know he isn't making a fortune winning tournaments :alien:

Reactions: JR
mr. westwood's shirts look like a wall in the outfield of a MLB stadium! it's probably a good thing, cause we all know he isn't making a fortune winning tournaments :alien:

Zing!!!

Why not game it if you were Ian? I would not buy it, but I would hang it on my wall if someone gave it to me.

Zing!!!

Why not game it if you were Ian? I would not buy it, but I would hang it on my wall if someone gave it to me.

exactly, if i were in his shoes, i'd rock that driver as well.

TC with his morning cup of haterade...love it!

TC with his morning cup of haterade...love it!

the guy's broken my heart way to many times hanks! and all these top level euros not playing over here has me annoyed.

the guy's broken my heart way to many times hanks! and all these top level euros not playing over here has me annoyed.

haha, Lee has some serious grovelling to do to get back in TC's good books! No Christmas card this year for Mr Westwood?

I thought about sending him a green sweater. That will be the closest thing to a green jacket he'll ever get

haha, Lee has some serious grovelling to do to get back in TC's good books! No Christmas card this year for Mr Westwood?

I thought about sending him a green sweater. That will be the closest thing to a green jacket he'll ever get

Just for the fun the rest of us will get out of it....I really hope he's contending on the Sunday this year! :wink:

haha, that was actually quite a good comeback. Twitter is dangerous ground for the famous person, so easy to just type down a random thought, then it grows arms and legs and runs about smashing the furniture and generally making an expensive mess.

On the practice putting green at the Chevron World Challenge, Tiger Woods joked with Ian Poulter for his taking a one-shot penalty for disturbing his marker on the green duriing a playoff at the Dubai World Championship.

A Poulter tweet read, "Tiger called across the putting green today & said don't you know how to mark ur ball, I said settle down No 2." Ouch. I don't think Woods appreciates that nickname.

But then again, maybe he laughed and didn't take it that seriously. We'll see if the more mellow Tiger emerges next time he competes against Poulter on the course or if the intense Tiger comes out. Who knows, Poulter could join Vijay Singh and Stephen Ames as players who have really irritated and motivated Tiger

I think Tiger and Poulter get on quite well in that respect. That's the impression I got anyway.

apparently Tiger likes to get these types of "jabs" in on other players. I heard them talking about it on PGA Radio this morning. Supposedly its the side of Tiger that we don't really see, but the players on tour do. I think it's pretty funny.

Back