I'm Upset About Golf Equipment

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Being in the habit of changing golf equipment more frequently then changing socks I can now say I don't need anything "new".

My driver, fairway woods, irons, wedges and putter are perfect. I've been fitted for every piece of equipment and it all fits to a "T". And I like the equipment to boot. There is nothing new I want or need. This is a first for me.

It's a bit discombobulating...

wait, so, why are you upset?

I want to also get to this point sooner rather than later.

wait, so, why are you upset?

I want to also get to this point sooner rather than later.

Because we are all club hoes. Always want an extra yard, one more GIR, one less putt.

So sad... And I'm one of the worst on this as well. Always looking...

If your out of clubs to search for, you should look at all different kinds of shoes, shirts, hats, and things that make you feel better on the course. You could look for new training aids or funky tees or anything! I wish I was where you are.

If your out of clubs to search for, you should look at all different kinds of shoes, shirts, hats, and things that make you feel better on the course. You could look for new training aids or funky tees or anything! I wish I was where you are.

That would seems like a good outlet... Belts for instance can be quite addictive.. check out the House of Fleming

It's like the thrill of the chase, you've been after the perfect bag setup for your entire golfing life and now you've got it....now what? I say enjoy it man, love what you have and play as much as possible!

I understand, its like getting married, haha. Now what?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Yeah, I'm no longer a club ho...no more thrill of the chase...even my swing is getting better. LOL!

And yes, I'm now looking at accessories, specifically a GPS but anything will do: tees, towels hats, shirts (purchased the latter two from the THP store), etc. :)

Just wait it won't last. It never does.

Be thankful you are in this position- most of us are not.

I went through a stretch like that...it'll come back, don't you worry. :)

Time to plow your time and money into training aids and sharing your experiences.

There will always be someting newer and better, and the itch will come back! But in the meantime, go nuts and enjoy it!

You must be sick I must stay far far away so I do not catch what you have! lol

Well since your bag is pretty much all TaylorMade just wait 3 weeks and they will have replaced everything with something new..... :D

Just wait until the burner 3.0 comes. Don't worry, soon you'll have plenty of stuff to buy.

go nuts buying golf clothes now,... lol
It's like the thrill of the chase, you've been after the perfect bag setup for your entire golfing life and now you've got it....now what? I say enjoy it man, love what you have and play as much as possible!

Well since your bag is pretty much all TaylorMade just wait 3 weeks and they will have replaced everything with something new..... :D
Yeah, what happened to two year product life cycles? LOL

Just wait until the burner 3.0 comes. Don't worry, soon you'll have plenty of stuff to buy.
I can't imagine how they could improve on these...maybe cosmetically? Maybe for once I can hold on to a set long enough to get used to them and actually get better!

I'd say good for you Sean! I bet 90 percent of the folks on here change to something new at least within a two year window. You will save alot of money that you can invest in clothes, balls, belts, and other accessories. Not to mention cool golf trips like the one coming in May at West Palm Beach for the THP outing! With that said the equipment testing day on Friday might be detremental to your current non club ho type demeanor :D

Thanks Gray. :)

Maybe a demo day would be good...it would prove to me once and for all that there is nothing out there that's better then what I have. LOL

Back