do i just go for it?

the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
i was suppost to go out with my pro on sunday but it got cancelled now hes on holiday im going away for the week after xmas to my dads and were suppost to be playing that week with my brother inlaw both of them have been playing for yrs and i wanted to go round the course before i went to play with them do i hope my pro can get me in next weekend as hes away this one or do i go out myself on sunday?

Go out by yourself, you won't have to worry about anything else and just play!

sure. i don't see why not. if i have the chance to be on the course, i take it.

Just get out there! Don't take a scorecard and just work on your game and think about how you want to play the course. I think better course management can save golfers 4-6 strokes a round and knowing the course even a little before hand will help greatly.

From what I remember, you haven't actually played a full 18 before. I would definitely go. If you can, play a couple balls and take as many shots as possible. If you screw up, take another. Of course, you will have to make sure you aren't holding anybody up :)

Whatever decision involves playing golf is the right decision

ive never been on a course before ever! only up the range i suppose im just nervous incase i hit a situation i dont know what to do i do how ever have a few coaching apps and gps apps on my i phone to help

Don't overthink it :) Just go play and have fun.

ive never been on a course before ever! only up the range i suppose im just nervous incase i hit a situation i dont know what to do i do how ever have a few coaching apps and gps apps on my i phone to help

Think about some of the other things you had never done before at some point... and how happy you were after you tried it :bananadance:

cheers guys going to have 2 trips up the range and book a round for sunday id stay at home sunday if i was yous you might hear alot of 4sssssssssssssssss :golf3:

Go out there and have fun :)

Enjoy your outing. The only way you can get involved in a sport is to get your self on the field and dance as if no one is watching. Like others have said, make sure you are mindful of folks behind you if you are playing two or three extra shots.

If I had one round to play before playing in a group as in your situation i would play it by myself (without pro in tow), enjoy myself, play as many balls as the traffic will bear and while enjoying myself make sure to focus some attention on the biggest difference I think you will find between the range and the course. You always have a perfect, flat lie on the range and depending on the course almost never have one. Take a quick look at the address and swing changes from standard that you need to make to hit from side hill and up and down lies (they are not that complicated). I don't know how much putting or chipping you would have done at the range so you will want to spend some time at the practice green just trying some chips and some putts. I think that would give you the best use of time and best prep.

Since you have never played on a course you can have zero expectation of how you will do. Just go out, enjoy the game and play it for what it is... A GAME!

Don't over think it. Hit the ball, walk to it hit again. Repeat until it's in the hole.

Head out solo and enjoy it!

Have fun :)

You better have a good swing because your spelling and grammar are terrible. :egyptian:

I can't say enough about just letting go of the nervousness and simply go play a round by yourself. Enjoy the time out there and work on what you can. Slow yourself down (your swing) and have fun.

Back