The Masters Dinner could be bloody awful the following year if he does....everyone will be sneaking food in

That is so funny!! :laughing:

It's good to see elite sport star's being open & having a personality, if even if they sometimes say things which some may not like.
This is a fact of life, for too long have they been to guarded. It's good to see they are like the common man.

If I was going to level one thing against the likes of TW, Phil & many more from all sporting fields. Even tho they seem & are decent guys you don't get a feel for their TRUE personality.

Twitter is breaking down this boundary, if they'll open up to it. I really hope Tiger continues with it. (even though I'm sceptical it's really him)

Some high profile footballers over here are on it now & the banter is great to see.

Have you seen the stuff between Westy, Gmac & Poults?
If you follow Westwood keep an eye on some of his banter with flintoff11 (he is a English cricket legend & larger than life character) it's sharp.

england has cricket legends? haha, i kid. i lived in autralia from 98-04 when they were virtually unbeatable. loved cricket, played club cricket for a few years myself.

it's nice to see some balance in the world of cricket, i hated watching the aussies just destroy everyone, all the time.

but yes, i agree, i enjoy following lee and his interactions with flintoff (is it damian?) is pretty cool.

I'm going to start an official petition to fight Lee Westwood. Him and me, boxing ring or alley, bring it on.

LOL! Good luck with that. Westy is not a small human.

"He's actually 6'5", with the afro 6'9", pretty good dribbler. Comes in deep, his club behind by one point at this stage. Fletch comes in, PUTS THE BALL THROUGH THE LEGS!! What a GREAT PLAY! And he puts it up and in...the Lakers have the lead! Whoa! Was that some kind of a play! You know this gritty kid from the streets of Harlem really creates excitement. $4 million dollars a year, that's true, but he earns every nickel of it. Look at how he shakes off 4 or 5 defenders...WITH EASE!...

Fletch. He truly defines grace under pressure."

He needs his own thread with all he says. His latest gem is so perfect.

"Just been to the dentist and got to have 2 more appointments! Who'd have thought it with my teeth?"

Only TWO more appointments??? I think he didn't hear them right. It is going to take two more appointments just to find his teeth under all of the junk that is on them.

england has cricket legends? haha, i kid. i lived in autralia from 98-04 when they were virtually unbeatable. loved cricket, played club cricket for a few years myself.

it's nice to see some balance in the world of cricket, i hated watching the aussies just destroy everyone, all the time.

but yes, i agree, i enjoy following lee and his interactions with flintoff (is it damian?) is pretty cool.

hehe you got me there, granted Australia have more. Although that's changing, the ashes are taking place at the moment "down under", we are 1 nil up & smashing them. (the ashes is a 5 test series between Eng/Aust which dates back to the 1880's for those who don't know)

No it's Andrew Flintoff or better known as "Freddie Flintoff"

Cricket hey? Wouldn't have thought I'd hear of an American playing it, you don't really do draws in sport & these are more common then wins. hehe

What sport stars are worth following on your side of the pond then? Chad Ochocinco is quite good, he's quite friendly with some of our footballers.

Don't know too many of the US golfers that are on twitter.

in all fairness, he never said how long those appointments were going to be......they could last all day lol
Only TWO more appointments??? I think he didn't hear them right. It is going to take two more appointments just to find his teeth under all of the junk that is on them.

As TC stated , bout time the best golfer In the world got his own thread .

Lee taking a little shot at Bubba and ricky.

Bubba- I think @GolfChannel should have a New Year's Eve show starring @bubbawatson and @RickieFowlerPGA! #pgatour”

Lee- @bubbawatson we'd have to turn the contrast and brightness down for that programme!

Yeah, that previous #1 never does anything polarizing :alien:

I suppose he made up for it all with one single (well, multiple) move. But you get my drift.

I can definitely appreciate how Westwood has persevered and overcome a pretty dark place in his professional life to become now the #1 golfer in the world. He really lost it for a while there but instead of checking out and just being satisfied with a very good living financially he dug deep and worked his butt off to get to where he is now. That being said I still can't stand him and cannot wait to see him choking on Sundays in 2011!

he said pole.

I think it will more be a matter of how keen Tiger comes out of the gate in 2011 and how many tour points some of the other Euro guys rob from current number 1. If Tiger comes out of the gate strong he may well be dominant on the US tour again and I think the Euro field is a little broader at the top than the US field is when Tiger is being Tiger. I don't think the young guys on the US tour are ready to challenge Tiger if he is the real Tiger as much as the young Euro guys are capable of challenging LW. I love Fowler but he is not ready to challenge a Tiger in full flight. Kim is kinda lost at the moment. Bubba won't get it done at least as it relates to challenging Tiger and DJ....well DJ is DJ. Boom Baby won't get it done either. I see those guys as making Phil's life a little tougher more than making Tiger's life tougher.

This is turning into the LW Twitter show, but some of the banter between him and Poulter is class, Westys final remark is pure comedy:

IanJamesPoulter Arsenal great job tonight. Time to press on now. Looking forward to chipping it on the greens off Dustins bombs this week. Come on

IanJamesPoulter @WestwoodLee don't be silly westy best bet of the week is Dustin and me at 4/1 you know it

WestwoodLee @IanJamesPoulter too short! You won't know what to do from where DJ hits you! How are the Xmas sales going? Watch arsenal?

IanJamesPoulter @WestwoodLee Xmas sales going great we have some Shirts left in your size XXL if you want to part with some of that sun city cash.

WestwoodLee @IanJamesPoulter only if you'll toss in a dozen lucky ball markers!

I have a lot of respect for Lee, and how he values the place he's got to after the tough times with his game.

Tanning Salon. A billion dollar idea for Lee Westwoods town.

And he looks like a Candy Apple or Lolipop in those pictures. Look at the size of his head. It fit on his body when he was gigantic, now it looks crazy large.

Tanning Salon. A billion dollar idea for Lee Westwoods town.

And he looks like a Candy Apple or Lolipop in those pictures. Look at the size of his head. It fit on his body when he was gigantic, now it looks crazy large.

hey, back up off him.

although that was pretty funny. i always thought everyone from over there was all pastey, kinda like rory, but lee's got a nice orange glow about him.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Mr. Westwood. There doesn't seem to be much love for the poor fellow.

hey, back up off him.

although that was pretty funny. i always thought everyone from over there was all pastey, kinda like rory, but lee's got a nice orange glow about him.

That's not a tan. We get that in Scotland from a magic elixir known as Irn-Bru. Responsible for most of the country's red haired population too (although Tennents Lager can take as much blame for that). Or maybe Lee's just been snacking on the Cheetos?

That's not a tan. We get that in Scotland from a magic elixir known as Irn-Bru. Responsible for most of the country's red haired population too (although Tennents Lager can take as much blame for that). Or maybe Lee's just been snacking on the Cheetos?

ha! hilarious post!

i'm slowly becomming a euro homer, i wonder if there's any work over there. i like cheetos.

That's some funny stuff paulo. Send some of them dudes over to wash my pickup truck.

ha! hilarious post!

i'm slowly becomming a euro homer, i wonder if there's any work over there. i like cheetos.

I'm in need of a new caddy TC. The pay's not too good, but I can supply cheesy poofs by the bucketload.

That's some funny stuff paulo. Send some of them dudes over to wash my pickup truck.

Reading too many things at once, I just got an image of Lee Westwood topless, washing Gray's pickup with Irn Bru. That ride would be sticky!

All I can say from the pic Lee posted is - it's a saving grace that he's a good golfer!

i may indeed caddy for cheese puffs.

you know, it's a shocking picture, but at least he's a sport about it.

Spoiler
i have a confession: every time i'm typing something in response to paulo, i do it with this weird northern irish accent in my head, like i'm talking that way but typing. it sounds awesome!

Back