Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
changing equipment OEM after three years. while i didn't always carry a full bag of that OEM, i tried. some clubs came and went....some clubs stuck. this time around....i'm very excited about MOST of the clubs. there will be a couple of hard sells. can't wait to get in the launch monitor and start playing around.

looks like i will be changing balls too. THAT will be a challenge.

So whos the lucky OEM? Changing balls is always a challenge.

changing equipment OEM after three years. while i didn't always carry a full bag of that OEM, i tried. some clubs came and went....some clubs stuck. this time around....i'm very excited about MOST of the clubs. there will be a couple of hard sells. can't wait to get in the launch monitor and start playing around.

looks like i will be changing balls too. THAT will be a challenge.

So you are leaving Callaway too?

So you are leaving Callaway too?

I am in negotiations with Taylormade. So far this year they have knocked out of my bag a Ping putter, Cleveland Wedges, and a Callaway Driver. They are about to go toe to toe with my current Ping Irons.

Callaway is leaving me. My boss is Master Staff and the 1st Assistant has been with Callaway for 6 years so I got to change. TMAG, PING, Cleveland, Titleist, Adams, and Nike were on the table. The other Assistant and I got to fight it out. While I absolutely wanted what was best for my game....it ultimately came down to what would sell the most to the members. Everyone is lucky because it's the SAME THiNG!!! w00t!!! I am proud to say that after so many years of supporting Ping with my own dollars....I get a little in return. I feel like I'm going home. BeCu Eye 2's were my first custom set of irons. Still loving my i15's (sorry Callaway). But wedges....oh dear. And a new putter is going to like learning a new language. The rest is cake. I think the part that will be so special is that I truly believe in the equipment. While some of the other OEM's offered great equipment and deals....I don't have the same passion for those. That's not to say I wouldn't fit someone into TMAG irons and Cleveland wedges if it was right for them....because clearly it's my job to do whats best for them. It happened every day. But if it's a clean slate....I'll always start with Ping and move on from there. I've alway done that. oops....sorry callaway.

While I will stock my trunk with the new ball and give it a run on the course.....I'm hesitant. Lucky for me, my old ball rep will keep me in the loop and stocked up.

greatest.job.ever.

Callaway is leaving me. My boss is Master Staff and the 1st Assistant has been with Callaway for 6 years so I got to change. TMAG, PING, Cleveland, Titleist, Adams, and Nike were on the table. The other Assistant and I got to fight it out. While I absolutely wanted what was best for my game....it ultimately came down to what would sell the most to the members. Everyone is lucky because it's the SAME THiNG!!! w00t!!! I am proud to say that after so many years of supporting Ping with my own dollars....I get a little in return. I feel like I'm going home. BeCu Eye 2's were my first custom set of irons. Still loving my i15's (sorry Callaway). But wedges....oh dear. And a new putter is going to like learning a new language. The rest is cake. I think the part that will be so special is that I truly believe in the equipment. While some of the other OEM's offered great equipment and deals....I don't have the same passion for those. That's not to say I wouldn't fit someone into TMAG irons and Cleveland wedges if it was right for them....because clearly it's my job to do whats best for them. It happened every day. But if it's a clean slate....I'll always start with Ping and move on from there. I've alway done that. oops....sorry callaway.

While I will stock my trunk with the new ball and give it a run on the course.....I'm hesitant. Lucky for me, my old ball rep will keep me in the loop and stocked up.

greatest.job.ever.

you got that right. i wish i could go back and pursue a career in the golf industry. i would love to be a certified teaching professional. nothing gives me more satisfaction than helping someone out with their golf game.

congrats on the new deal, you shouldn't have much trouble moving the PING needle in a proshop, they have a great following and were the first to really master the "fitting cart". it's amazing how many times i've been fit with PING equipment, then just did the math to get specs for other equipment (as a lefty i didn't have much choice in the matter).

after I was hired I spent time in the bag room getting to know the members equipment and trends. ping is maybe 25% of the current irons held. but old. many of them could benefit from new technology....from any OEM.

that's what Christmas is for. lol.

Looking for some suggestions for a driver.
I have read the the online THP Spring shootout on the drivers and am leaning on the Diablo Edge.

Right now I have been switching between a TM r5 10.5* and Gallaway Big Bertha 460 9*.
With the r5 I have most distance, feels smooth but less consistancy. The head has angle and it psychologically bothers
me and hard to keep a consistancy on my drives.
The Big Bertha I get good loft but my distance is shorter. The head feels heavy.

Any directions?

Last edited:
The Diablo Edge is a real nice driver. I like the R9 better, but that's just me.

Not that I need a new putter but I have been intrigued by the Odyssey Black series tour #9 for a couple of months. I finally rolled one yesterday, and now I'm in full lust mode. Luckily for my bank account, they didn't have one in my preferred length (34").

Ping K15 driver.

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Not that I need a new putter but I have been intrigued by the Odyssey Black series tour #9 for a couple of months. I finally rolled one yesterday, and now I'm in full lust mode. Luckily for my bank account, they didn't have one in my preferred length (34").

are you a lefty? cuz if you're not....you can get it in 34". and 33". that's what mine is. and I'm in love with it.

are you a lefty? cuz if you're not....you can get it in 34". and 33". that's what mine is. and I'm in love with it.

I'm a righty...just was commenting that they didn't have a 34" in the store which is a good thing. Haha!

doodles, you need to send your #9 to vibrant and have the shaft "vibranted".

OEM Kevin's with Pearl White:

IMG_1928.jpg

ohhhhh....I don't know. while that looks great.....I'm not sure I could do it. I like all my gear quiet. lol.

but i did duct tape the snot out of my alignment sticks. hot pink. but I did it so the boys wouldn't borrow steal mine when they broke theirs.

IMG_1928.jpg

Maybe even vibrated

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

IMG_1928.jpg

It's actually very subtle doodles. It looks amazing though and not too loud or obnoxious.

This post has been approved by OEM Kevin

lol. callaway golf pre-owned is a good way to score one and save a little cash.

You are not helping Signorina Doodles haha (on my way to cally pre-owned....)

This is TC when pondering new equipment. Change the word sale with the word irons or driver and you have TC each evening combing through sales.

that's really funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back