Over the river and through the woods

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
What's your plans for the Christmas?

Jacqui and I are flying out to California for a few days and celebrating with her American family (the one she came over to nanny for 27 years ago). We will do Christmas with them and will also be babysitting the daughter's 10 month old son one night while they go out for a while. The daughter was three years old when Jacqui started watching her.

We're renting a car so no one has to worry about picking us up, but mainly so no one has to get us to the airport at 5:00 a.m. the day we leave! Should be a good time and a decent set of flights, we stop in Vegas going out but it's a direct flight back home.

We're also shipping out presents ahead of time so we don't have to deal with them at the airport.

Sounds busy, but fun, Smalls. We are heading to IN this weekend to Erica's family. Next weekend my mom will come down and then she will leave and we will head to my dad's a few hours away. Traveling sucks, but should be nice to see everybody.

Were heading out to Iowa next week and are hoping we actually make it. Every year its an adventure getting out there because usually one of the stops, Chicago, Detroit or Minn has snow.

Driving to may parents house which is about two football field lengths away with my wife and son. Comfort bubble is pretty safe I think. lol

AG and I will be heading out to my parents for a couple days on the 24th. We both have to work that morning which sucks, but thankfully my folks only live about an hour away so it's not too far to travel.

Gonna go up to both of my GrandParents houses. I will play a round or two with my friend.

We are heading down to Jaxcksonville, Fl to visit with my family. Looking forward to warmer weather and a couple rounds of golf.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

christmas' suck when you have a kid, then three grandparent households to visit in 3 days. we're taking foster for a ride on the smoky mountain railway's polar express train on the 23rd, then going to erin's momma's house for dinner, then we drive to tennessee to see her daddy and his family on christmas eve, have supper, drive back to asheville so foster can wake up to santa at home, then drive back to her momma's for christmas day brunch, then come back home and pack up and head up to my parents for christmas dinner. it's ok though, i eat good at all places. i look forward to starting our own christmas traditions though.

KellyBo and I will be enjoying Christmas together at home. The day after, we travel to Athens, Ga. for lunch and hopefully a round of golf at Athens Country Club.

Christmas at home with our daughter and granddaughter. No other family close by, so it makes for a more laid back holiday.

christmas' suck when you have a kid, then three grandparent households to visit in 3 days. we're taking foster for a ride on the smoky mountain railway's polar express train on the 23rd, then going to erin's momma's house for dinner, then we drive to tennessee to see her daddy and his family on christmas eve, have supper, drive back to asheville so foster can wake up to santa at home, then drive back to her momma's for christmas day brunch, then come back home and pack up and head up to my parents for christmas dinner. it's ok though, i eat good at all places. i look forward to starting our own christmas traditions though.

No time like the present!

Wow TC!! That's a lot stuff crammed into just a short time! I too can't wait to start some Christmas traditions too. Every Christmas for as long as I can remember my family has always watched A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve. We're talking the black and white version with Alastair Sim as it's meant to be! :D So that's our tradition, but the time will come when Ashley and myself will be starting our own as we start our family. I'm looking forward to it. Starting anew. It'll be good. We plan on buying house in the spring so maybe we can start next year by having Christmas dinner at our house!

I'll be at home with my wife and our 2 year old boy. Nobody to visit, so it will be a nice quiet day together. i too am excited to begin some Christmas traditions with my family.

Wow TC! Sounds like you'll be a busy fella.

I just have to head home to IL for Christmas with the parents and Grandmas. I'll probably stick around for a few days to relax or do some house hunting in IA.

OH MAN! What a schedule! You are a good son and son-in-law, TC. My first child is a TERRIBLE sleeper and a schedule like that would have meant no sleep for me for a week (too much of a sleep disturbance in her schedule) when she was little. We used to only do every other year with the grandparents for Christmas, alternating and just seeing the other family during normal hours (like a Sat or Sun morning brunch). Now that my kids are a little older (2 & 4), we'll be doing back to back parties, but luckily no travel. It definitely makes it easier for Santa too. Phew - this X-mas season b/t the business, flu season, and the shopping is just killing me. Speaking of which, better get some stuff done and get off the boards :).

ill be home for christmas
you can count on me...
the rest of the fam is coming here so all i have to do is cook... no driving involved except to the grocery store

Wow, have a safe trip smalls! I'm cooking from Xmas eve to Xmas day and i cannot wait! Im smoking a 14 lb prime rib- and I'll be taking small hour nap intervals whihle checking on the meat!

For those going out of town, what do you do with your dogs? My best friend's daughter watches our dogs for us. The whole family, actually, but she does the biggest part of it. We drive them over, have the cage if needed and pick them up when we come back. We took them with us to Memphis for Thanksgiving, but getting on a plane is a whole different story!

for the road trips that are only a day or 2 we just leave our dog at home with the tv on animal planet... lots of puppy pads on the ground
anything else and she has to come along or we just dont go

Actually don't have to go anywhere this year. Flying mom down tomorrow for the week, but apparently I'm a bad son and didn't know she had never flown before...baptism by fire as she's flying into Miami international :(

Other than that it'll be an awesome week, taking her out into the glades on swamp buggys and airboats...look mom a cotton mouth/gator/panther/bear!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back