Club Glove Microfiber Towel

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
This towel showed up for a review, it's a microfiber towel from Club Glove, "Stong enough to remove dirt, grease, and sun block off your hands, yet gentle enough to clean your glasses." I'm told that this towel is what a lot of the pros and their caddies use on Tour, stay tuned and we'll see if this is just hype or if it really is a better towel.

IMG_20101216_170006.jpg

IMG_20101216_170156.jpg

I have one of these that has my former club logo on it.

I think it is good. I don't know that it is worth the price.

I like that it is long enough to wet one end of it and keep the other end dry, but not so massive that it is a pain.

I really like the slit in the middle. I hang it over my putter and I don't have to worry about the towel falling off of my bag.

I also have the off white version and it does clean up pretty decent in the wash. I spray a ton of Shout on the dirty end.

Thanks for chiming in jshel, so far I'm impressed with the feel of it, seems like it will be a real solid towel.

Looking forward to your take on it Jason :thumb:.. I love the current THP towels and if these are as good they will be a winner.

Nice looking towel. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts, P4B.

really looking forward to seeing what you think about this towel P4B

I love microfiber towels. I have and use the version that THP is/was selling, and it works fantastic. But speaking from personal experience, don't let it set don in the weeds. I have about 6-hours invested with tweezers trying to pick all of the junk out of my towel. I'll be interested to see how this one works for you!

this looks like one of my large microfiber towels i use to dry my car. that waffle pattern reminded me of it - they can soak up a ton of water - super soft too. I bet its a hit! On the negative side - i hate white golf towels - they look ugly covered in brown. I prefer a darker towel to hide that during the round. I know im OCD.

Very nice...but it will have to be real good to knock off my THP Spotless

Looks like you got your hands full this holiday P4B. That's a nice towel. Is there a hook and loop system on it to clip on the bag or would you have to have the loop on your bag?

Nice P4B! Looking forward to your thoughts!

looks like a great towel and not a bad deal for $20. A lot nicer then the hotel towels that I usually use ;)

I also really like the spotless swing towel but this one also looks really nice... should be an interesting review, hopefully we can discuss later the direct comparison to the THP towel as I know many will be wondering

this looks like one of my large microfiber towels i use to dry my car. that waffle pattern reminded me of it - they can soak up a ton of water - super soft too. I bet its a hit! On the negative side - i hate white golf towels - they look ugly covered in brown. I prefer a darker towel to hide that during the round. I know im OCD.
The claim is that this towel holds 300% of it's weight in water. I agree about the white, but with some Oxy Clean and some bleach I'll keep this sucker white!

Looks like you got your hands full this holiday P4B. That's a nice towel. Is there a hook and loop system on it to clip on the bag or would you have to have the loop on your bag?
No hook loop deal here, there that big hole/slit in the middle of it to just pop over one of your clubs. My theory is that this will help in dealing with the overall size of this towel.

I love my THP Spotless towel, it will be interesting to see how this one stacks up.

No hook loop deal here, there that big hole/slit in the middle of it to just pop over one of your clubs. My theory is that this will help in dealing with the overall size of this towel.

Cool so it can act as a serviceable rain hood as well for those annoying rains that you don't necessarily have to get the pain in the butt rain hood out then.

Looking forward to hearing more.

I have always used a large towel of the hotel variety and I also always carry and just lacing it between the woods has always worked well for me. It will be interesting to see if using the slit in the towel is a help or a hinderence when it comes to taking the clubs out if the clubs are slid through the slit. Cant wait to hear more!!

Great, can't wait to hear more P4B.

I have only ever used a regular old "golf towel". If your review is favorable I might have to pick one up.

I had a blue one and I liked it. It worked pretty well, But its tough keeping it in one spot, I didnt know how to use the slit in the middle properly. I eventually lost it.

I always eye these towels up in Golfsmith, but never pull the trigger because of the price. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. It will have to be pretty special for me to swap out my THP Spotless Swing towel though!

I could always use a new towel.

I like the look of that towel. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Back