California/Arizona/Nevada Get Together

No doubt. But if it's in LA ish I may be able to find a floor to sleep on haha. Just have to pay for gas and the round.

Ill be there May! I think the only thing we're waiting on is confirmation!

It's like having a SE get together but on this side for us western folks.

No doubt. But if it's in LA ish I may be able to find a floor to sleep on haha. Just have to pay for gas and the round.

Ill be there May! I think the only thing we're waiting on is confirmation!

Oh, I know you will. I'm just hoping that folks thinking of traveling will consider coming to FL as well.

It's like having a SE get together but on this side for us western folks.

i get that dude, believe me. but like hawk, i just want to make sure that those taking great lengths consider the outing.

No doubt! The THP Outing at WPB definitely takes precedent as far as financials go. It would be a quick hit it and quit it drive for me to LA or Vegas.
i get that dude, believe me. but like hawk, i just want to make sure that those taking great lengths consider the outing.

This is not meant to challange the May Outing in any way shape or form. This is just a bunch of people getting together and playing a round of golf and maybe going to dinner. All fees are to be divided evenly and each person will pay their own way. I did not want to say this was for SoCal or Arizona or Vegas people only cause that would not be fair or right of me to do. Some members might have family on the west coast and might be planning a visit already and this could be included in their visit. Again there will be no demo day of clubs or anything like that. THis is just a simple round a golf with friends.

This is not meant to challange the May Outing in any way shape or form. This is just a bunch of people getting together and playing a round of golf and maybe going to dinner. All fees are to be divided evenly and each person will pay their own way. I did not want to say this was for SoCal or Arizona or Vegas people only cause that would not be fair or right of me to do. Some members might have family on the west coast and might be planning a visit already and this could be included in their visit. Again there will be no demo day of clubs or anything like that. THis is just a simple round a golf with friends.

We know that WR, I think somebody asked about GG and myself coming or equipment companies, that is why a few posted.

We know that WR, I think somebody asked about GG and myself coming or equipment companies, that is why a few posted.

And I only said what I did to answer the question fransisco raised and in case anyone else did not realize.

1. Simple
2. No preference
3. Max $100
4. Solo trip
5. February-March...

Thanks Rhino!

Can you explain the bolded part?

Sure...

I was looking beyond the get together being discussed for early 2011 (or 2011 in total), but a THP West Coast shin dig with JB and/or GG would be great. Have some product on hand to hit and play with. A real THP Outing in the desert.

Sometimes it's easier to bring the mountain to the people, rather than the people to the mountain.

Sure...

I was looking beyond the get together being discussed for early 2011 (or 2011 in total), but a THP West Coast shin dig with JB and/or GG would be great. Have some product on hand to hit and play with. A real THP Outing in the desert.

Sometimes it's easier to bring the mountain to the people, rather than the people to the mountain.

We have discussed this a few times in the past on the board. Its very hard to plan a THP Outing the way it works right now. When it comes to Demo Day, and everything that goes along with it. Our THP Golf Outings as of now will be held in FL each year and we hope that more and more people can make it each and every year. It is truly a special weekend. As far as THP get togethers go, we are all for members of our site getting together to have some fun and get to know each other. We love the idea and hope each one goes extremely well.

Sure...

I dont think you have a clue how much equipment is at the THP Outting in Florida. the cost to transport that stuff alone would be outrageous. Yes, I am sure it would be nice to have one somewhere else but...it doesnt make sense for the owners of the company. Come to an outting in Florida and you will completely understand

Lol...
i freaken better not be!

1. Either way would be cool. I just have to make sure finances are good, I should be able to find a place to chill.
2. No Suggestion. Just as long as its serious.
3. $75 at the most. But I'd like it to be cheaper of course lol
4. Most likely just me!
5. I'd like Feb just because of the May outing or early March.

We have discussed this a few times in the past on the board. Its very hard to plan a THP Outing the way it works right now. When it comes to Demo Day, and everything that goes along with it. Our THP Golf Outings as of now will be held in FL each year and we hope that more and more people can make it each and every year. It is truly a special weekend. As far as THP get togethers go, we are all for members of our site getting together to have some fun and get to know each other. We love the idea and hope each one goes extremely well.

Sure...

I've been trying to sell them on the benefits of living in the middle of the country so the THP Outings are closer to me, but for some reason they keep bringing up some objection to the snow issue! Some nonsense about too cold and not being able to golf all year or something!

I've been trying to sell them on the benefits of living in the middle of the country so the THP Outings are closer to me, but for some reason they keep bringing up some objection to the snow issue! Some nonsense about too cold and not being able to golf all year or something!

Its not that Smalls, they just don't like you! hehehehe

Thanks to everyone for the responses, let me do some checking around and I will put up a couple of options and we can see what the majority likes.

That damn snow ruins everything!

I am wearing a tank top today because it's in the 70s. I realize we live far apart but it still blows my mind to think how different the temperatures are from one area of the country to another.

Speaking of which, I was just outside and it was spitting snow.

Just did some research on flights and such and I may have to bow out for this. As much as I would like to come down and escape the bitter cold up here, it may not be in the finances. With AG and I already committing to the THP Outing, and as expensive flights are looking for that trip it may be smarter for me to save my pennies instead of dropping up to a grand on a trip south for myself. Plus I'm sure AG wouldn't want me disappearing for a weekend either. I'll keep an eye on this thread as it progresses, there might be a slight chance I could make it still, but in the mean time, I'll have to bow out.

Thanks to Rhino for taking the reigns, you guys will have an awesome time!

I kinda thought so 9-iron. I look forward to seeing you and AG in Florida!!

I kinda thought so 9-iron. I look forward to seeing you and AG in Florida!!

You know it! I'd love to head down for a round or two with you and the rest of the SouthWest crew, but it probably isn't in the cards. We're going to buying a house in the spring and that unfortunately means I'll have to start pinching pennies. Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery or something! :D

Since I have seen some newer people from SoCal on here recently I thought I would pump this up and see if there were more people interested. We are looking at end of Feb beginning of March.

For those already interested, I am not sure Vegas will be feasable which leaves the Los Angeles area. Anyone want to toss out a course or an area they prefer? Inland Empire? OC? San Diego? San Fernando Valley? Give me some thoughts and I will check out rates.

Since I have seen some newer people from SoCal on here recently I thought I would pump this up and see if there were more people interested. We are looking at end of Feb beginning of March.

For those already interested, I am not sure Vegas will be feasable which leaves the Los Angeles area. Anyone want to toss out a course or an area they prefer? Inland Empire? OC? San Diego? San Fernando Valley? Give me some thoughts and I will check out rates.

Torrey Pines!! :D

Back