What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played Saturday and failed to break 80 for the first time in almost a year. Shot 82. It was windy, cold, played on a golf course I had not played more than once or twice before, Woodbridge in Wylie, TX. Can't feel too bad at least I got to play. Made a few long putts and holed another short pitch or it would have been worse. Only one birdie, parred all the par 3s which is good for me and had only one 3 putt.

82, shot 37 on 1st nine and then the wind really came in. Blew up to a 45 on the 2nd nine, could have been a good day but I started to think too much about how to beat the wind.

Went out in the 30 degree weather and shot a 87 today. It was crazy at the course. All of the greens were frozen solid. It really hurts your GIR's when the ball bounces off of them like a cart path. I about fell out when I hit the green on the first hole and it bounced 10 ft in the air off the back of the green. HAHA I still had fun in the long run.

Not bad at all, dmb! It's a completely different game in weather. Congrats on getting out there :)

88 today. decent, but could have been much better. A couple of blow up holes kept the round high.

Shot 77 on Sunday. It was a decent day to play and I had not planned on going but had to get out so I rushed out. Started badly with 5 bogeys in the first 9 holes but had one birdie for +4 on the front, finished with bogey on 10 and pars on the last 8 which I played pretty well and could have been a lot better had I not missed at least 3 or 4 makeable birdie putts in that last 8.

51/47/42
played 27 today in the brutal wind
at least each 9 got better and better as the wind died down
i was putting out of my skull today
too bad the rest of my game didnt catch up till i reached #15

i thought id have the course all to myself but there were other crazy guys out and i even got stuck behind 2 guys who wouldnt lemme play thru so i skipped around
shoulda played 18 if i didnt get slowed down hahaha

85....... 40/45 ugh haha

It was still cold, but this course's greens were not frozen! Shot an 80 today. Not a bad day during the winter.

54/46/45
played 27
first 9 was just brutal... had 3 foursomes in front of me in 43 degree weather... only one group let me play thru
its one thing to sit and wait to take your shot in the summer but its a completely different deal when its cold out
today was a few pars sprinkled into a double fest
putting once again was tremendous today... 1 putting for doubles suck

did a solo round on my home course today in about 3-1/2 hours. there mighta been 3 other people out playing....place was dead. temp was right around 40 and a brisk wind blowing. I walked the front 9 and rode the back....first time I've walked in awhile, man am I outta shape.

46 on the front, 43 on the back. double-bogeyed 4 holes on the front as I was huffin & puffin up & down the hills. did much better on the back.....was on track for a 40 but tripled the 18th hole. hit 8 greens in regulation but putting was so-so.

84 44/40

Shot 86 at Kiskiack in Williamsburg today. Wind was around 30mph at gust and temps near 45. Great day with my Adams 9064Ls and putter was on point. Went 43/43

Played at Southern Pines Country Club today. A beautiful course in Pinehurst, NC built by Donald Ross in 1906. It was extremely hard and we had 20 mph winds on top of that. I came out with a 96. I wished I could have played a little bit better, but the cold and wind brought me down a noch. Some of the best greens I have played all year, not a straight putt on a green today.

Jealous of you DMB. Sounds really challenging, especially with the wind added into the mix.

ridiculous wind today... didnt keep score but i doubt i would have broken 100

Played from the set of tees back from where I usually do and shot a 50 on the front. Good considering that from my normal tees I usually shoot around the same thing, but honestly I sould have shot better... Missed a couple of short putts and had some bad holes. But other than that I was satisfied.

Played 9 yesterday and shot a 45. Not a bad score for me given the conditions. I doubled both par 3's and had a double on a par 4 as well due to an OB penalty. If the wind wasn't whipping so bad it would have been a really nice day here. Into the wind I was clubbing up at least 2x and still coming up a little short (7 iron from 115?). One tee shot, I played a 3W way towards the right edge of the fairway and the wind pushed it all the way across the fairway into the left rough something like 50 yards. It was brutal. The greens were weird today as well. The first four were just a little quicker than normal, but the last 5 were like putting down a bowling lane.

It was cold and wet today and I managed a 79 despite a double on the 12th hole. It never got about 41* while we were on the course and it was 37* when we teed off. Brrrrrrrr wish I was in a nice warm sunny climate right now.

Shot my best ever front 9 of 38 followed by my worst back nine ever of 58 or so (I quit counting...).
Played solo and at a good pace for the front 9, had a great rhythm going. Was on #6 in just 40 minutes. Caught up to group ahead of me at #7.
At the turn the threesome in front of me becomes a fivesome somehow and the whole damn course comes to a standstill. I get cold and each hole gets progressively slower as my scores get worse and worse.
I stood on the 14th tee for 15 minutes waiting on them to get out of the middle of the fairway.
The foursome behind me caught up to me and we wound up playing the last few holes together just so we could finish 18 before sunset.
Great start but a lousy finish.....

I will be playing on Sunday, if I even tried to play tomorrow or today I would not make out alive

Played a skins game with a few buddies today. I won 10 skins and shot 74(+3).

Hit my new CB2 irons VERY well. I really like how they are easier to hit a fade than my last set.

My biggest failure of today was the putter. I had one 3 putt and missed 4-5 putts inside 10ft. What could have been...

I was super lucky to get out and play a course near me called Langdon Farms. Very nice course. The weather even cooperated and only rained about half the round. It was a great day to be out golfing. I didn't score well and shot an 84. Biggest problem was my snap hook made a reappearance in a big way, so it was hard to make saves out of thick, wet, soggy ruff. I hit a few fat to say the least, but had a great time doing it. I even got to practice my 100 ft crazy putts.

Played a skins game with a few buddies today. I won 10 skins and shot 74(+3).

Hit my new CB2 irons VERY well. I really like how they are easier to hit a fade than my last set.

My biggest failure of today was the putter. I had one 3 putt and missed 4-5 putts inside 10ft. What could have been...

Good round man, congrats!

Played Kingsmill in Williamsburg today. We played the River course where they held the Michelob Ultra Open. Got on for $25!!!!!!!!! Shot 90. Temps were around 45 and wind around 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back