Testing Irons for THP

IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....jk........bump.........

Count me in!

1. What is your handicap?

GHIN: 4.2

2. What is your current set of irons?

Mizuno MP-62

3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement)

I prefer a player's cavity and I'm a huge fan of forged irons.

As a side note, I love testing equipment and I am lucky enough to visit the range and/or course nearly every day which would provide ample time for testing!

Thanks for the great opportunity!!

AHA,
You may want to read this thread through.

Haha...sorry JB...I just did, and I just noticed the date of the original posting as well. I'm WAY behind! My bad. :disapointed:

In any event, I'm looking forward to reading about these irons!

Shipping off my other set of irons today to a buyer in Tennessee. Still very interested to see which version is going to be sent to each tester. If I had my choice, I'd go with the CB's, but I'm going to go into this with an open mind. Other testers, which set would you choose if you were given the choice?

Very interested in the shaft offerings in the CB's as well. There was a shaft listed on the TM website, but it is now gone. The other two models still show the DG's, so I'm wondering what that is all about. Also, noticed that the CB's are 3/4' to 1' shorter than my other iron sets. I'm so FREAKING CURIOUS to see what these are like!

Count me in!

1. What is your handicap?

GHIN: 4.2

2. What is your current set of irons?

Mizuno MP-62

3. Do you have an iron preference? (blade, players cavity, game improvement, super game improvement)

I prefer a player's cavity and I'm a huge fan of forged irons.

As a side note, I love testing equipment and I am lucky enough to visit the range and/or course nearly every day which would provide ample time for testing!

Thanks for the great opportunity!!

lol oops. Hey it was worth a shot.

Shipping off my other set of irons today to a buyer in Tennessee. Still very interested to see which version is going to be sent to each tester. If I had my choice, I'd go with the CB's, but I'm going to go into this with an open mind. Other testers, which set would you choose if you were given the choice?

Very interested in the shaft offerings in the CB's as well. There was a shaft listed on the TM website, but it is now gone. The other two models still show the DG's, so I'm wondering what that is all about. Also, noticed that the CB's are 3/4' to 1' shorter than my other iron sets. I'm so FREAKING CURIOUS to see what these are like!

I would be equally happy with the MC or CB's to tell you the truth. I love hitting players cavities and I would say that both are in this spectrum.

I am expecting the CBs based on my index, and honestly those would be the best for my game.

Having read back through my original post I think the MC is very possible too. In that case, I'd love to play a fully forged club. TC can attest to my love for the new mizzie cavity backs at the last outing.

Of the two sets I think my ego would love the MCs and my game would LOVE the CBs.

Are these here yet? Have THPs little birds found their way to the new HQ yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling I will be receiving the MC, As long as it is not the blades I will be happy. Man, I cant wait to get these and put them in my new Betti

I am not getting to try these irons out yet i keep looking to see what you guys get when they come in, so I can just imagine what you guys that are testing are going through.

actually just in 'wait and see ' mode for me. I've found that I'll be more surprised when I don't obsess too much about things that I don't have control over. One thing is for sure, these sticks are going to be so pretty to play around with.
I am not getting to try these irons out yet i keep looking to see what you guys get when they come in, so I can just imagine what you guys that are testing are going through.

actually just in 'wait and see ' mode for me. I've found that I'll be more surprised when I don't obsess too much about things that I don't have control over. One thing is for sure, these sticks are going to be so pretty to play around with.

Yes they are and i am expecting lots of pics

Hanks is obviously crazy.

*obsesses*

I have a feeling I will be receiving the MC, As long as it is not the blades I will be happy. Man, I cant wait to get these and put them in my new Betti

same here, I think I am getting the MC's. Maybe the CB's, but I am pretty sure I'm not getting the MB's.

Did you guys not pick which irons you will be getting?

Did you guys not pick which irons you will be getting?

nope that is the surprise. It is being based off what we put down earlier in the thread I believe

That is really interesting. I know that I would have wanted to try the MB's.

Im excited to see which I receive . I would be ecstatic with any of them but I am torn between the mb and the cb . I love playing blades but the current state of my game may not justify them. That being said iron play is definitely the strength of my game. Either way I am really stoke to try any of them!

I'll be happy to try out any of the sets, but hoping to get the CBs I guess. Probably the best option for my game (or lack thereof).

I'll be happy to try out any of the sets, but hoping to get the CBs I guess. Probably the best option for my game (or lack thereof).

I can't wait to see what you all think of these and see all the pictures. What an opportunity!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I can't wait to see how the short and mid irons perform on the green. They said that they have higher spinning conforming grooves. I will be going around my course hitting approach shots from various distances to see how they hold on my Bermuda greens.

I'm really interested in the ball flight and distance. From what I've read, the MB and MC are going to have a lower ball flight, which should be pretty popular with some of the testers. The distance factor is kind of up in the air for me. The shafts seem shorter and the lofts are weaker than my old irons. I wonder how they will compare.

Back