Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

I'm gonna load up on some pain meds and head the PGA SS for some monitor testing either today or tomorrow am (on vacation this week!!!! Lots o Mashie fun).

Bridges and I had discussed the sound and feel of this club. Really iron like in feel/sound but ease of use is definitely on the hybrid side.

A lot has to be said also for the stock shaft that comes with the Mashie. The C Kua is the real deal and I immediately noticed a difference with this shaft over the stock shaft in the Nickent I'm was playing. Definitely excited to get back out there after a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Thanks for all the info so far guys! I have really enjoyed this thread and really look forward to hitting this club in the spring...if not sooner.

I'm gonna load up on some pain meds and head the PGA SS for some monitor testing either today or tomorrow am (on vacation this week!!!! Lots o Mashie fun).

Bridges and I had discussed the sound and feel of this club. Really iron like in feel/sound but ease of use is definitely on the hybrid side.

A lot has to be said also for the stock shaft that comes with the Mashie. The C Kua is the real deal and I immediately noticed a difference with this shaft over the stock shaft in the Nickent I'm was playing. Definitely excited to get back out there after a wonderful holiday weekend!!

As someone new to the idea of different shafts and the benefits of each, it would help me a lot if you could elaborate a little on what differences you noticed with the C Kua shaft? What makes it better?

nice job so far testers - this club is so nasty looking. I cant wait to hit one. Extremely jealous :) I love the traditional look of the club. Its not flashy with bright accents or anything. I have to see if the clubhead cover will grow on me. If not im gonna get a little woodchuck for it hahaha.

Keep up the reviews I love reading them. The hype behind this is unbelieveable!

As someone new to the idea of different shafts and the benefits of each, it would help me a lot if you could elaborate a little on what differences you noticed with the C Kua shaft? What makes it better?

The other guys can chime in with their thoughts, but I would recommend listening to the interviews we did with Miyazaki shafts and hearing what they have to say about it. Talking about high end shafts in general and why they are different.

I wish I could help, but I havent spent enough time with it to answer that just yet. Sorry I could not help just being honest though.

A few more range trips and I should be able to give a little info on that.

the great thing about this CG is that it's not all hype. This was hands down the all star of the last outing and players of all skill sets are consistently saying the same thing.....wow! (paraphrasing just a little bit) The results are consistent and speak for themselves. I know that sounds like a Mashie infomercial but it's the truth
nice job so far testers - this club is so nasty looking. I cant wait to hit one. Extremely jealous :) I love the traditional look of the club. Its not flashy with bright accents or anything. I have to see if the clubhead cover will grow on me. If not im gonna get a little woodchuck for it hahaha.

Keep up the reviews I love reading them. The hype behind this is unbelieveable!

the great thing about this CG is that it's not all hype. This was hands down the all star of the last outing and players of all skill sets are consistently saying the same thing.....wow! (paraphrasing just a little bit) The results are consistent and speak for themselves. I know that sounds like a Mashie infomercial but it's the truth

I think you hit the nail on the head. Get 50 golfers together and drop every piece of equipment on the market in front of them. Ask regular consumers what was the best thing they got to try. When three quarters of them all say the same thing, you know its something special.

Here is my take on the shaft:

It's lighter, so you don't have to swing as hard to generate clubspeed, but it remains very stable. Also, it seems to work well with my swing in the sense that I am able to get the club face square more consistently. In fact, I don't really have to work as hard at it, which took some getting used to. The results is definitely a welcome change. The ball flight is high, but very peircing (for me). No ballooning, just a very steady climb and a soft landing.

Ill be taking the Mashie on course today.... Notepad in hand!!!!

Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you, Yoccos.

Looking forward to hearing how it works out for you, Yoccos.

+1, I know I am looking forward to reading about Yoccos's thoughts on this club also.

Nice! Have fun out there man. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

TC you still snowed in?

I am very jealous, we still have about 3" of snow on the ground. I hope it warms up enough today to clear it out. I am so ready to get to the range with this club.

Thanks all!! My back is feeling good enough to head out so Im taking advantage haha. Nothing better than vacation and golf with my pops.

I hate snow. I mentioned that before but it ruins many a rounds!

We are playing a course where accuracy is key and Im gonna be using the Mashie off the tee quite a bit. Pumped up for this round!

I am very jealous, we still have about 3" of snow on the ground. I hope it warms up enough today to clear it out. I am so ready to get to the range with this club.

TC you still snowed in?

Yup! I'm over it big time. Asheville got hammered w/snow. It' ok though as I still have no mashie.

Yup! I'm over it big time. Asheville got hammered w/snow. It' ok though as I still have no mashie.

To be fair, I think we have covered the reason why.

To be fair, I think we have covered the reason why.

Oh, I know, I'm not complaining at all. In fact, I'm glad its not here yet.....i'd be sad staring at it and not being able to hit it.

Oh, I know, I'm not complaining at all. In fact, I'm glad its not here yet.....i'd be sad staring at it and not being able to hit it.

I am feeling this pain right now!

TC if they accidentally send you a RH one.....I'll give you my address and will pay for shipping hehe

TC if you get it and can ship it to me before Friday... me and littlepingman are trying to play Friday when it's supposed to be back to 70. I'll be happy to test it for you! :D

The company picked the testers for this testing thread guys. Lets leave it at that. Thanks.

TC if they accidentally send you a RH one.....I'll give you my address and will pay for shipping hehe

Ohhhhhh... I've had that happen several times ordering clubs. That's not good feeling when open it up and it's turned the wrong way. I don't wish that on anyone!!

Back