Bought a new R9 Supertri but it has Ladies shaft

wagar2

Reaction score
Handicap
dunno
I need to get a different shaft for my supertri as the current one has a Ladies flex. So I'm curious, what kind of shafts can I replace it with? Can I put any shaft on it or are there supertri specific shafts?

im thinking high heels and a skirt lol:rotfl::rotfl:

You can replace the shaft in the supertri you bought with any shaft as long as it fits the R9 adapter. I believe its .335. You can find the adapters for $15 or $20 I believe from Golfsmith (online too). Probably cheaper than removing the current shaft and putting it in your current R9 adapter.

thanks Yoccos1981. so you are saying it's probably cheaper to get a new shaft and a new adapter then to take the ladies shaft out, take the adapter off of it and stick the new shaft into the adapter that was on the ladies shaft?

I really don't know what removing and re-applying the adapters entails so I guess it's not as simple as it sounds?

Which shaft do you want? There's quite a few thp'ers that have R9's and perhaps someone has an extra shaft they wouldn't mind sending you direction.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

There are so many shafts out there. You really should get fitted for the right one for your swing.
The great shafts are not cheap, but in the long run, I think you would be happy.

Depending on the charge for labor it just might be :) A couple people here have done the work themseles and Im sure thy wouldnt mind giving some tips.

TC makes a great point. Hopefully someone has a shaft you can try out or you might be able to find one cheap. Best thing to do is get a fitting so you can get the best shaft for you. But if you cant just finding a shaft that will fit better than what you have now maybe the way to go.
thanks Yoccos1981. so you are saying it's probably cheaper to get a new shaft and a new adapter then to take the ladies shaft out, take the adapter off of it and stick the new shaft into the adapter that was on the ladies shaft?

I really don't know what removing and re-applying the adapters entails so I guess it's not as simple as it sounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an old Motore F1- in S (its one of the TP shafts) that I could part with.
PM me for details if you are interested, I don't really know what you are looking for in a shaft.

Any shaft can be tipped. Most stores or builders would tip it.

You should DEFINITELY get a quick shaft fitting done before picking any shaft. Without doing that, you might as well keep playing the ladies shaft. You want to be able to make sure that you can see what works best for your swing. The shaft is sometimes called the engine of the club. Because of that here is a chance for you to optimize your game and really get something that works well.

Fitting like everyone has said but can I ask how you ended up with a ladies shaft in the first place?

Which shaft do you want? There's quite a few thp'ers that have R9's and perhaps someone has an extra shaft they wouldn't mind sending you direction.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I'm not real picky. I'm a beginner and got what I thought was a really good deal. The guys at the store told me it wouldn't be worth it to get a different shaft but I risked it. Since I'm more of a beginner than anything I'm not real sure what would fit me best.

Never heard of tapatalk before! That looks like a handy app! Too bad i have terrible service at work

I have an old Motore F1- in S (its one of the TP shafts) that I could part with.
PM me for details if you are interested, I don't really know what you are looking for in a shaft.

Thanks for the offer but mine is not the TP version so I don't think it will work

Fitting like everyone has said but can I ask how you ended up with a ladies shaft in the first place?

Thanks for all of the help everyone!

I found what I thought was a great deal on Boxing Day. Brand new Supertri but with ladies shaft. For $125 I couldn't just leave it there so I bought it in hope that I could re-shaft it. The service guy told me I'd be better off just buying a club with a mens shaft because the cost of buying a compatible mens shaft would be too much. I decided to call his ignorance and risk buying it, hoping that if nothing else I could just sell it and make my money back.

Any shaft with an R9 adapter will fit in that. Doesn't matter of it's a TP, stock shaft or an aftermarket shaft from a different company any one with a r9 tip on it will work.

Do you have any idea what your Swing Speed is?
Also do you have a golf store near by with a monitor?

I don't know my swing speed at all. But I do have a golf store nearby with a monitor. I just don't really know what to do or look for.

I just have no idea what would be a good shaft. If you wouldn't mind lloking, what do you think of this deal?
hxxp://cgi.ebay.ca/TAYLOR-MADE-R9-SUPERTRI-MOTORE-60-STIFF-FLEX-SHAFT-/150536392858?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item230cab109a

I don't know my swing speed at all. But I do have a golf store nearby with a monitor. I just don't really know what to do or look for.

Ok that's good, and you don't have to know what to look for they will help out. You need to go to the golf store get on the monitor and get you some numbers. Swing Speed is a good one to start with because that will get you into the area of what flex you need and I promise there are people there that will help you out, and you don't have to buy the baddest most expensive shaft there is just get something that gives you good numbers.

Rough estimate of Speed/Flex with driver
85-95mph Regular
100-108mph stiff
110+ x-stiff

Just get you some numbers and it will be a good place to start, they will have all kinds of shafts with R9 tips on them and you can hit each one until you find one that works, then come back here and let us know which shaft it is and we will see if we can help you out in finding it and if one of us don't have it then you can go back and pick it up from the store.

Last edited:
I just have no idea what would be a good shaft. If you wouldn't mind lloking, what do you think of this deal?
hxxp://cgi.ebay.ca/TAYLOR-MADE-R9-SUPERTRI-MOTORE-60-STIFF-FLEX-SHAFT-/150536392858?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item230cab109a

To be honest with you it's not going to do any good even looking for shafts until you get some numbers. Because you could be anywhere from a regular flex to xstiff flex and that's a very very very big difference between the 2. Trust me don't buy anything until you get numbers, I was like you and didn't know squat and some would argue that I still don't lol but your just throwing away money by buying something when you have no clue at all if it's good for you. Just trying to help you out but you gotta help yourself first and by that you have to go hit some shafts at the store and get you some numbers.

You think you could go to the store tomorrow and hit?

I might be able to make it in tomorrow. I'm just curious though, they offer a club fitting so is that what I'd need? It costs about $60. Or would just trying out drivers in front of the screen help out?
I'm thinking about getting some new irons so if the club fitting gave me info for all clubs $60 might be worth it

I might be able to make it in tomorrow. I'm just curious though, they offer a club fitting so is that what I'd need? It costs about $60. Or would just trying out drivers in front of the screen help out?
I'm thinking about getting some new irons so if the club fitting gave me info for all clubs $60 might be worth it

$60 is a great price for a full club fitting, that will give you a ton of info to point you in the right direction. Just make sure you have extra money because after that club fitting your going to want new clubs lol

What irons do you have right now?

Bite the bullet and do the fitting. It's less expensive than having to replace an ill-fitting set of clubs.

I couldn't even tell you what my irons are off the top of my head. They aren't even worth remembering. Some beginner wal-Mart kind of brand. I use my brothers burner pluses from time to time and they are so much better

I couldn't even tell you what my irons are off the top of my head. They aren't even worth remembering. Some beginner wal-Mart kind of brand. I use my brothers burner pluses from time to time and they are so much better

Ya get you the club fitting asap and that will be a good start for you. If you don't mind me asking how long you been playing and how old are you? You gotta update your THP profile so we can get to know you haha.

I think you will be very happy with club fitting, you might still be new to golf like you said before but it will help out a lot knowing which clubs work for you and some of those guys will even help you out with your swing.

Goodluck man and hope you can get that fitting done sometime soon. Let us know how it goes!

Back