The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man!! Ross is hilarious. He doesnt care and I love it. I love Gil Brandt too. That guy is just a wealth of knowledge and his memory is insane.

I agree 100% on all of what you said. Gil always has the coolest stats and stories. Hes the Godfather. Dont know if you've ever heard Tucker on the morning kickoff but hes at his best because its his show. But I only catch it on my early days since it comes on at 6AM. Only thing that bugs me about the NFL channel are the commercials.

Yeah me too. There are too many of them. I actually catch his show a lot in the AM (depending if Andrea is carpooling lol) and he does a great job. I think they have a really good set of on air personalities with all sorts of perspectives but tons of knowledge. Mills lol... I like him too.
I agree 100% on all of what you said. Gil always has the coolest stats and stories. Hes the Godfather. Dont know if you've ever heard Tucker on the morning kickoff but hes at his best because its his show. But I only catch it on my early days since it comes on at 6AM. Only thing that bugs me about the NFL channel are the commercials.

Yeah me too. There are too many of them. I actually catch his show a lot in the AM (depending if Andrea is carpooling lol) and he does a great job. I think they have a really good set of on air personalities with all sorts of perspectives but tons of knowledge. Mills lol... I like him too.

Mills is such a hater!!! naa hes ok. He just picks the Bears all the time like a punk lol

He is such a homer. I love it. LOL

He sure is lol. Dude when he and Tucker are on at the same time I almost crash my car its so funny. Tucker just is relentless with Mills, I love it.

Lol. He takes it in stride. That would be so much fun to do. I wish I would've stuck with radio.
He sure is lol. Dude when he and Tucker are on at the same time I almost crash my car its so funny. Tucker just is relentless with Mills, I love it.

Over 80 emails on the workberry when I checked it this morning. Nasty. Love the "mark all as read" feature. And then I get "Did you read my email?" uh yeah of course. But can you fill me in?

I have the opportunity to make a move in my company, but having a hard time deciding. Right now I'm an analyst, but I mostly do project management and manage vendor relationships. Analyzing is a pretty small part of what I do. The opportunity I have would be a complete shift in that I'd be a programmer/analyst in IT. More money and (I'm thinking) the opportunity for a more transferrable skill set. Hmmmmmm.

I have the opportunity to make a move in my company, but having a hard time deciding. Right now I'm an analyst, but I mostly do project management and manage vendor relationships. Analyzing is a pretty small part of what I do. The opportunity I have would be a complete shift in that I'd be a programmer/analyst in IT. More money and (I'm thinking) the opportunity for a more transferrable skill set. Hmmmmmm.

Does the skill set transfer to Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the skill set transfer to Florida?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe it would be useful just about anywhere and that is one of the reasons I'm leaning heavily towards it. Right now, my current job is closely intertwined with our customer service groups and my career options are sort of limited in that I will probably have to move to management at some point if I want to make more money. I've done that before and it's not really my favorite thing. I like people, but I don't really like employees if that makes sense.

You really cant get anywhere without taking some reward/risk type of moves. More money is always nice but a better skill set is even better for the long run and your future. Good luck in your decision and hope it works out for you.

You really cant get anywhere without taking some reward/risk type of moves. More money is always nice but a better skill set is even better for the long run and your future. Good luck in your decision and hope it works out for you.

Thanks guys. I've done an even bigger change before, so I'm not scared to to take the plunge. My main thing right now is figuring out if I want to move to the IT side of the world. It seems like an obvious choice, especially considering that this is not an entry level job. I will be skipping some of major dues paying. All signs point to yes right now.

Hawk, I was a programmer analyst in IT for many years. It can be a very transferrable skillset. Do you know what kind of programming you'd be doing? If you have any questions, let me know.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yes, I believe it would be useful just about anywhere and that is one of the reasons I'm leaning heavily towards it. Right now, my current job is closely intertwined with our customer service groups and my career options are sort of limited in that I will probably have to move to management at some point if I want to make more money. I've done that before and it's not really my favorite thing. I like people, but I don't really like employees if that makes sense.

Man I am with you! I used to be the installation and service manager for my company, running the jobs and making sure the sites were going as per the specs of each client. Now I am management just running all my crews of guys and for the most part an office monkey. My wife calls me a kurmugian because I don't like a lot of employees or clients and they are making go grey before 30!

Hawk, I was a programmer analyst in IT for many years. It can be a very transferrable skillset. Do you know what kind of programming you'd be doing? If you have any questions, let me know.

This would actually be specific to a new product that we will be using in the next year, so it will be pretty specific. I would basically build it from the ground up and then support it. The flipside is that I will have the opportunity to work with folks on other projects/applications to increase my knowledge for the future.

you need to get out of wherever it is you live hawk. you're an equipment tester now homey, you need to be in warmer climates and stuff. plus you'd be closer to my area and we like to party.

*Thainer searching asheville apartment rentals, hostels, and homeless shelters
you need to get out of wherever it is you live hawk. you're an equipment tester now homey, you need to be in warmer climates and stuff. plus you'd be closer to my area and we like to party.

What I've found out is that I'll be stuck here for at least a couple/few years no matter what due to the way we purchased our home. My thought is that I want to spend this time wisely so I can use it to my advantage in the future.

I definitely want to be closer to Ash Vegas and THP HQ.

What I've found out is that I'll be stuck here for at least a couple/few years no matter what due to the way we purchased our home. My thought is that I want to spend this time wisely so I can use it to my advantage in the future.

I definitely want to be closer to Ash Vegas and THP HQ.

yeah, nothing wrong with making yourself more valuable. hopefully in the next couple of years this retarded economy starts to pick up as well, that'll help.

This would actually be specific to a new product that we will be using in the next year, so it will be pretty specific. I would basically build it from the ground up and then support it. The flipside is that I will have the opportunity to work with folks on other projects/applications to increase my knowledge for the future.

Sounds like a worthwhile opportunity to me, especially as you expand your skills across multiple projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back