Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

Merry xmas belated TC. Great 'gift!' Really looking forward to your thoughts on this....

Very good initial write up TC, I really look forward to your impressions of the Mashie particularly because we both have similar games and we have the same irons. I know how much you've been loving the 3 and 4 iron so if this hybrid can cement a full time place in your bag I know it has definitely earned it. Now go shovel a spot off at the driving range and hit some balls!

Glad you finally got it! Can't wait to hear the goods from you since you were there at the outing listening to all of us rave about this club. Hopefully you'll feel a little Mashie love too.

Alright!!! Finallly!!! I am happy that you got your Mashie TC!! Best of luck with it !!!

to be fair to cleveland i did order it to fit my specs rhino.

TC, photobucket is your friend you know.

takes too long little brother. sorry.

Very good initial write up TC, I really look forward to your impressions of the Mashie particularly because we both have similar games and we have the same irons. I know how much you've been loving the 3 and 4 iron so if this hybrid can cement a full time place in your bag I know it has definitely earned it. Now go shovel a spot off at the driving range and hit some balls!

yeah, i'm looking forward to it as well man, and you know as well as most that the Mashie's really gonna have to shine. according to everyone, it should be up for it. can't wait to find out.

we're loading up the car and heading west, i'll be taking the Mashie with me for sure.

Good to see you'll be getting your Mashie on FLTC. Look forward to some reviews.

Took the mashie to the range today to get in a quick session with it. Only hit a small bucket (30-35 balls), as I had to do a few more things.

Warmed up and took my fist swing, and there it goes straight down the range. Great sign to start off. Hit a couple more like that then started thinking to much about how good I was hitting and hooked a few. Then got to some set shots.

I am not the greatest at making the ball do what i want as I usually never try to but I have done this a few times with the mashie over my range sessions and here are some kind of first results with what I was seeing.

Fade/Power fade- I moved the ball up a tiny bit in my stance and kept my hands more open at impact if you know what I mean to try and hit the fade. First few times I did this I was expecting a big slice but the ball was doing exactly what i wanted it to do. From a little fade to a big power fade, had no problem in doing this. Of course I had a few mis hits but it was more my fault than the club and when I did hit it solid performed just like I hoped.

Draw/hook- My natural shot is a draw about 5-10 yards and have been seeing about a 5yrd draw on each shot I hit solid. However I was easily able to hit some big draws (20-30 yards) whenever I wanted. Its a lot easier for me to draw he ball more than fade and it is no different in being able to easily draw it with the mashie. My mis with this so far that Im seeing is a hook, but I have few things im going to try out next time to see if I cant fix that. But just for testing I intentionally tried to hit some hooks each time out for those tight spots your in and really need to bend it around a tree/house/ whatever trouble you might find yourself in and it was no problem.

Low punch/Low hit (under trees/windy days)- This is hands down the easiest part to do, put it back in my stance a little and have a little different follow through and launches those low screamers, I did hook a couple but for the most part every hit was a solid 8-15 foot screamer then hit the ground running. I dont see why anyone would not be able to do this with the mashie.

Each time out I have seen better and better results. Day 1 was terrible, but now im starting to see a lot more good shots mixed in and have no doubt as I spend more and more time with it that I will have a lot more good shots than bad with the mashie. A smooth swing is all you need, and I really cant stress that enough. Thats all you need with this club, and it does everything else for you. When I first started out, I was swinging hard and not getting any good results and each range session I have slowed it down a little and focused more on a smooth tempo and it just works, not more to say than it just works with that smooth tempo swing.

Still a lot more mashie to come...

Yeah I definitely had a dream last night of going to Golf Town and buying a mashie...
I wish you guys would stop spending my money for me.

Good stuff Bridges. Good to see some good results.

its cool that you are able to hit knockdowns so easily with a hybrid bridges

Woot TC! Glad it came in mate. Looking forward to see the Burner 3/4 vs the Mashie heavyweight bout.

It appears they will be between $149-$199. We do not have the exact info as of yet. We have seen $199 the whole time, but then a few rumors have said $149. So I am just not sure.

Thanks JB.
Mostly I'm looking at the Canadian conversion. $199US is going to turn into $229/239 locally which makes it a tough choice. $149 probably turns into $179 which makes it a no brainer choice if it suits. Feb is close enough though that I'll hold off on the reshafting and see what the Mashie can do.

its cool that you are able to hit knockdowns so easily with a hybrid bridges

Ya for sure, I think everone that is testing it is able to hit the low punch shot. Very easy to do it with the mashie IMO.

Woot TC! Glad it came in mate. Looking forward to see the Burner 3/4 vs the Mashie heavyweight bout.

Thanks JB.
Mostly I'm looking at the Canadian conversion. $199US is going to turn into $229/239 locally which makes it a tough choice. $149 probably turns into $179 which makes it a no brainer choice if it suits. Feb is close enough though that I'll hold off on the reshafting and see what the Mashie can do.

Agreed, the conversion isn't quite as seamless as it should be IMO.

TC glad to see it arrived! Can't wait to read what you think of it!

Thanks JB.

Agreed, the conversion isn't quite as seamless as it should be IMO.

That never even dawned on me. We do get the short end of the stick most if not all of the time in that regard. Hopefully that won't be the case. I think Canadians on a whole like hybrids more, hence why Golf Town stocks so many and why the SuperFast Rescues were released here and not south of the border. If Mashie fever hits Canada (and really why wouldn't it?) demand will be really high and hopefully the cost won't be high in turn. May be wishful thinking though.

I sure hope they are $149. At that price I would most likely get 2, but at $199 I will probably have to settle for 1.

That never even dawned on me. We do get the short end of the stick most if not all of the time in that regard. Hopefully that won't be the case. I think Canadians on a whole like hybrids more, hence why Golf Town stocks so many and why the SuperFast Rescues were released here and not south of the border. If Mashie fever hits Canada (and really why wouldn't it?) demand will be really high and hopefully the cost won't be high in turn. May be wishful thinking though.

Umm, they were released here. They are called SuperLaunch Rescues

I can't play golf in ash vegas so ipacked up the family and headed west. The mashie and I are playing golf today! I'm so excited about my first swing with it.

I'll post my findings later.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

now that's dedication!
I can't play golf in ash vegas so ipacked up the family and headed west. The mashie and I are playing golf today! I'm so excited about my first swing with it.

now that's dedication!

Haha, can you tell I'm excited about it? I was up at 6, ready to get my mashie on.

I can tell and super excited to have you testing out this club. really looking forward to your thoughts on it
Haha, can you tell I'm excited about it? I was up at 6, ready to get my mashie on.

Youre a sick man but I approve. Please be sure to THP on the fly so we can read your impressions and thoughts on swing numero uno. Thats number one for you non mexicans.

Back