Under Armour Buying Acushnet?

I'd rather see a company like UA snap up Acushnet than Nike. I'm not saying this would happen to Titleist, but look what happened to Hogan after Callaway bought them.

I'd rather see a company like UA snap up Acushnet than Nike. I'm not saying this would happen to Titleist, but look what happened to Hogan after Callaway bought them.

Keep in mind that they are in very different places. Hogan was not achieving much success at the time in marketshare (in general comparisons) and Acushnet is still the marketshare leader in quite a few categories.

Keep in mind that they are in very different places. Hogan was not achieving much success at the time in marketshare (in general comparisons) and Acushnet is still the marketshare leader in quite a few categories.
Agreed, but Titleist makes good golf clubs, as did Hogan. We know about the Pro V and Pro V1x

Agreed, but Titleist makes good golf clubs, as did Hogan. We know about the Pro V and Pro V1x

I dont really know what that means. Macgregor, Nickent, Sonartec all made good products too. Hogan was headed to that demise unfortunately it appeared. Acushnet is not in any way headed that direction regardless of sale. The name has marketshare value where as the other brands did not.

I dont really know what that means. Macgregor, Nickent, Sonartec all made good products too. Hogan was headed to that demise unfortunately it appeared. Acushnet is not in any way headed that direction regardless of sale. The name has marketshare value where as the other brands did not.
Who knows what Nike would do with Titleist, assuming it, or any other OEM made the purchase. Titleist makes products that directly competes against Nike. A UA purchase would make more sense and would appear, on its face, to be a good fit.

Way to open up old wounds...Hogan, Max-fli, Macgregor...I feel like a company killer (maybe that's why I just picked up a Nickent 4dx hybrid doh)

If Hogan clubs weren't selling much I'd at least like to see Callaway continue an accessory line, or sell the name to someone.

Back