Club Glove Stiff Arm

GrantD

Formerly Known as DMB012
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anybody that has traveled via airplane used one of these in their travel bag? Do they work good? Do you have to have one? I just bought a travel bag for the THP outing and want to make sure my clubs are safe.

image.jpg

Everybody that has one swears by it. I personally just used the soft sided bag with ultra padding (also wrapped clubs in a towel) and everything was fine. Can't hurt to be safe though.

Everybody that has one swears by it. I personally just used the soft sided bag with ultra padding (also wrapped clubs in a towel) and everything was fine. Can't hurt to be safe though.

Do you think it is a waste of $26?

Do you think it is a waste of $26?

Not at all. It will protect your clubs if they get dropped on their head. I felt comfortable with my setup, but I know others will say that they only feel comfortable with the stiff arm. Personal preference, imo.

I used one the last time I flew. I think it helped.

They work well. I wouldn't trust not having one for $26. Stuff a bunch of towels, under drawers, etc around the clubs to protect the heads from a side blow and this will protect the top. Great purchase.

It's $26 that you hope never comes into play. I have one and from all the great things I hear about it it was well worth the purchase.

It's a must for any traveler. $26 is a cheap insurance policy

I agree with everyone on this one. Gotta use the stiff arm with a soft case. Wrapping the clubheads with bubble wrap is what I use instead of towels, but only because it's readily available at my house. Otherwise, towels is sufficient.

I just found it for $21 on Amazon. Free shipping if you have a prime account. I think I am going to go with that.

I have one and I love it! Worth every penny. A new driver shaft/driver would cost much much more. I can't count the number of bags I've seen sliding down the luggage return ramp head first that slam into the bottom of the carousel. Makes me cringe every time!!! I set mine just longer than my driver and I never worry about this type of driver impact.

Being on the phone, I can't see your signature, but if you have the adjustable drivers go ahead and unscrew them. They tuck away nice and neat in a center bag pocket that's padded for extra safety. Just FYI.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Being on the phone, I can't see your signature, but if you have the adjustable drivers go ahead and unscrew them. They tuck away nice and neat in a center bag pocket that's padded for extra safety. Just FYI.

This is true, but if you do this you still run the risk of the next longest club (3 wood?) getting slammed by carless baggage handlers. Even if you do this to make everything fit better in your travel bag, I would still use a stiff arm for protection.

===== QUOTE thedue ====

===== /QUOTE ====

This is true, but if you do this you still run the risk of the next longest club (3 wood?) getting slammed by carless baggage handlers. Even if you do this to make everything fit better in your travel bag, I would still use a stiff arm for protection.

Yes sir, I was meaning with the stiffarm. I was lucky in that both my driver and 3w were removable, but the stiffarm is still a must.

Def worth the money. Mine works well.

Worth the dinero.

Back