What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pepper BBQ Chicken Wings. The Pepper comes from a pepper relish. Should be good!

Chili. Another pool league night and 3" to 5" snow on its way.

Taco Bell. We have nothing to make here. We really need to go to the store.

Ribs and Mac&Cheese.

Enjoying this week, officially starting the induction phase of Atkins on Monday, pretty excited about it too.

Funny but I haven't heard of it. :D

lol
all my relatives from hawaii/PI/cali/canada/chicago etc always ask me to cook it when theyre in town so its world famous in the fam hahaha

filets and green beans with shredded almonds last night

We are the same way. We have nothing in the house to eat except amazing sweets that Mary and I baked when she was here. We need to go shopping too. Last night I ate a cinnamon roll and 5 lemon bars for dinner haha. That was definitely not on the diet.

Taco Bell. We have nothing to make here. We really need to go to the store.

well that depends on what the 'diet' consists of lol

We are the same way. We have nothing in the house to eat except amazing sweets that Mary and I baked when she was here. We need to go shopping too. Last night I ate a cinnamon roll and 5 lemon bars for dinner haha. That was definitely not on the diet.

We went all out for a nice romantic New Years Eve dinner.

Spoiler
Corn dogs, french fries and Greg Norman Sparkling wine (aka Champagne).

But this weekend we are having Prime Rib!

had chicken marinated in sesame soy sauce topped with sesame seeds

Prime Rib, potatoes and asparagus. It's smelling delicious!

Some baby backs all rubbed up and starting to glisten in the crock pot.

44cf65e5-bf2d-c0c0.jpg

Some baby backs all rubbed up and starting to glisten in the crock pot.

44cf65e5-bf2d-c0c0.jpg

Love making ribs in the crock pot!

Love making ribs in the crock pot!

We have a smoker, so I have always been a low and slow guy in the smoker. TC and I were talking and he gave me some solid instructions and we did it 2 weeks ago. They were really good. So while we were at Fresh Market this morning, they had baby backs on sale so I got 3 full racks and one is tonight thank goodness. At about 7pm, they will be heavenly. I think maybe a Mojito will go well with these. Picked up some fresh mint and limes too.

We have a smoker, so I have always been a low and slow guy in the smoker. TC and I were talking and he gave me some solid instructions and we did it 2 weeks ago. They were really good. So while we were at Fresh Market this morning, they had baby backs on sale so I got 3 full racks and one is tonight thank goodness. At about 7pm, they will be heavenly. I think maybe a Mojito will go well with these. Picked up some fresh mint and limes too.

Mmmm, meat and rum!

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

i love ribs! i have never used a crockpot though- what kinda braising liquid are you using? im sure theyll be super tender by 7!

just finished some breakfast sandwiches for a late brunch.

167321_154319554619853_100001254286654_334413_1164109_n.jpg

homemade biscuits with a fried egg, prosciutto, and cheddar cheese.

that looks great.

None this time. Last time we used a combination of rootbeer and bbq sauce. This time we are using a recipe sent to me that involves just a really good dry rub for the first 2 hours and then a mild bbq sauce for the last 4 hours.

are the ribs just falling off the bone or what?

Wow, were's the picture? Were in the act of making enchilada's partially from TC's recipe right now. I like beef instead of chicken and picante sauce, but no sour cream, lol.

I'll have to trade him our cream taco recipe for his crock pot ribs, haha

edit: and a recipe for that mojo drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back