Tour Spot Radio W/ Lefty & Jake Sneak Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a sneak peek at the new show Up & Down with Jake & Lefty that will be part of The Tour Spot on THP. This show is also part of the THP Radio Network.

We wanted to let the THP Forum members have a sneak peek at what this show is all about by giving them a taste of the new format. This is your job to tell us what you thought of the show. Your input will be what makes the final product polished, so feedback is wanted.

I'll listen in the morning. Too much distraction right now.

Great job guy's. I thought they played off each other well, although TC started out sounding like his belt was too tight, lol. It was a fun show, can't wait for more.

I enjoyed the first show. I don't know which one is Lefty or which one is Jake, but I thought Lefty won. :)

I liked how you kept both to the time line, I liked the topics, I liked their knowledge of the game, and I liked that back and forth.

There were a few stumbles but frankly I was surprised at how smooth it went given that this was the first show, and to the best of my knowledge neither Lefty or Jake are radio personalities.

I look forward to hearing the next installment.

ps: Jamie Lovemark was a good pick. I too am very curious to see how he transitions from the Nationwide Tour to the PGA Tour.

Last edited:
I think this is a great new item on the THP menu. It shows promise of only getting better as the PGA tour rolls on. We all know the PGA is often full of issues these young men can "go off" on, and that will be fun to hear. Even more so that Lefty's boys like to Twitter so much, proving even more material to work with.

My only suggestion is that THP give Lefty and Jake each a "Wild card" for an extra 30 to 45 seconds to use whenever they choose. Make some extra points or perhaps counter their opponent.

Either way, two thumbs up IMO.

ps: I thought you did a very good job as a moderator. I liked how you explained your choices as to who won the point in their argument. You were very fair.

Cancel it!! Haha JK

It was awesome, I really liked it. Laughed a lot, learned some good stuff and it was just fun to listen to. Nicely done!

I am not much for sports talk predictions. I thought the show was done well and believe it will be popular. I always avoid listening to much about the players.

Whoa! Just listened to the show with erin and her family and they and I loved it. I could hear some of my nervousness for sure but it was so much fun.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and constructive comments. I hope you all like what we're doing and please, keep the feedback coming.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

You guys sounded great TC. I liked the format, but hope it moves to some banter about who should have done what, once the season starts.

I was a little surprised that no one mentioned all the Euros not playing the regular schedule here this year and how that might effect their major action.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I want to add one more thing. I love the fact that a dude with a southern accent sounds intelligent on the radio. Big plus in my opinion, there just isn't enough southern folk in broadcasting.

This is awesome! I can't wait to listen when I get a bit of time.

I am a serious THP'r so please ignore my horrid typing mistakes

Nice show, interesting format, great job "Jake" & "Lefty" you both did a wonderful job!!!

I want to add one more thing. I love the fact that a dude with a southern accent sounds intelligent on the radio. Big plus in my opinion, there just isn't enough southern folk in broadcasting.
You know that is really true and amazingly shocking when you think about who's behind that intelligent sounding voice. Nah, the big mountain man is a smart dude and he is very well spoken for sure. I'm happy to be on the show with him! And SUPER pumped that I won the first show baby! YEAH!!!

Good looking bald guy with a larger than normal head: 1
Big Hairy Mountain Man with a southern drawl that'll blow you're mind: 0
:banana::clapp::egyptian::eyepoke:

Nice show, interesting format, great job "Jake" & "Lefty" you both did a wonderful job!!!
Thanks Rhino, hopefully people enjoy it and chime in with a lot of feedback, this show can really become very interactive with the forum members after each show is aired.

First of all I want to say JB did an excellent job as a Moderator! I had a class one time on team building where everybody had a turn at moderating. It is not as easy as you would think. Man I was impressed with P4B = Jake & TC = Lefty on this show. I believe if TC ever loss his job at what he is doing now he could run this tape by a TV/Radio station and be on the the Golf Channel:D. P4B is as testy as a defense lawer I watched on TV known as Perry Mason. Once old Jake (P4B) got warmed up he could bring the counter argument (heat) in fine fashion. TC came back and showed some hair on his chest as a huge mountain man normally does and did not back down one bit. Both guys were a bit nervous out of the gate but I thought they both calmed down and put on their game faces by the third topic. I really like the show! JB is a pro at the Moderator gig. P4B (Jake) & TC (Lefty) make for some entertaining jabbing on the various topics. Bring it on guys and I am looking forward to the next show. Oh one thing there Jake. What da heck is the no love for the white equipment buddy :confused2:? You know I love me some white snake type driver :golf2:.

First of all I want to say JB did an excellent job as a Moderator! I had a class one time on team building where everybody had a turn at moderating. It is not as easy as you would think. Man I was impressed with P4B = Jake & TC = Lefty on this show. I believe if TC ever loss his job at what he is doing now he could run this tape by a TV/Radio station and be on the the Golf Channel:D. P4B is as testy as a defense lawer I watched on TV known as Perry Mason. Once old Jake (P4B) got warmed up he could bring the counter argument (heat) in fine fashion. TC came back and showed some hair on his chest as a huge mountain man normally does and did not back down one bit. Both guys were a bit nervous out of the gate but I thought they both calmed down and put on their game faces by the third topic. I really like the show! JB is a pro at the Moderator gig. P4B (Jake) & TC (Lefty) make for some entertaining jabbing on the various topics. Bring it on guys and I am looking forward to the next show. Oh one thing there Jake. What da heck is the no love for the white equipment buddy :confused2:? You know I love me some white snake type driver :golf2:.

Awesome post gray! That meant a lot. So glad you enjoyed it. P4B was a ton of fun to be on the air with. He loves golf, loves talking golf, and got the innaugural win. He deserved it for sure! I am on cloud 9 right now.

Thanks again buddy.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

My main point might have gotten lost a bit, I'm fine with it, but what bugs me is that I'm seeing marketing trying to tell me this driver is great because it's different since it's White, tell me that I should buy one because it is a great club with XYZ to offer and it happens to be White in color to stand out, that's all. I know you love you that white snake buddy, I hope to see one in your bag in May bud!

All you guys did great!

Great show guys! I quite liked it. There were obviously some starting pains but by the end, things were really shaping up. But Jake you lost it all with your white driver rant at the end! :D I kid. You guys obviously know your stuff and do have varying opinions so I feel this will be a great addition to the THP Radio lineup. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more back and forth between you two. Seeing as you guys are on opposite sides of the fence on a lot of topics, I think it would be fun if you could go at it a bit more. The mod (JB or GG) will obviously will keep control, but I think it would be very entertaining if there was more discussion back and forth. Just my thoughts though. JB, I think you did a good job too.

Here's a question/suggestion: Maybe to mix things up everyone and a while (once a month, once every two months or so) a THP member could join in and participate. Might be a cool way to get the community involved a little. Just a thought though, I know I'd like to dip my hand in that!

Nice job guys.

LOL at JB's comments on the white driver rant.

Lefty just wants to talk GOLF folks.

It was a bit choppy, but I think you guys will get a little more comfortable with the format as time goes on. My only real suggestion would be to be a bit more contentious. Make fun of each other, etc. It brought a smile to my face to hear your voices :)

Thanks for the kind words Hawk (and everyone else) what you guys say really means a lot to us and we'll use all that (good and bad) to help make the show better!

One other thing now that I had a chance (went to the bathroom) to think about it. Your time is limited so you need to talk fast to get your points out!

One other thing now that I had a chance (went to the bathroom) to think about it. Your time is limited so you need to talk fast to get your points out!
That happens to be impossible for Lefty....looooonnnnnng, slllloooooooooooooooooooow southern drawl baby, that's how he rolls. He doesn't hurry his speech, the timer slows down for him.

Back