Nickent 3dx utility dc 3 wood

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Does anyone know which club in the bag this is supposed to replace? It is labeled as a 3 fw and has 15* of loft but considering the length of the shaft and the fact that they say it is like a hybrid I'm not sure what club this is supposed to be? Any help would be great.

It is the hybrid version of a fairway wood for those that are more comfortable with woods than irons (which most hybrids are designed like).

It is the hybrid version of a fairway wood for those that are more comfortable with woods than irons (which most hybrids are designed like).

so even with 15* of loft is it supposed to replace 3 iron? seems odd to me.

so even with 15* of loft is it supposed to replace 3 iron? seems odd to me.

No, no, no...think of it this way, its more or less a lower profile fairway wood, still a fairway wood, just more hybrid like yet not as small as the full hybrids...hence the whole "utility" thing.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, I went through this whole thing a while back myself. :act-up:

Yep, Jman knows the concept. Pretty much a 3 wood that is more versatile and easier to hit in certain situations. Probably didn't gain popularity because it didn't give the distance results that most 3 woods produce.

No, no, no...think of it this way, its more or less a lower profile fairway wood, still a fairway wood, just more hybrid like yet not as small as the full hybrids...hence the whole "utility" thing.

Hope that wasn't too confusing, I went through this whole thing a while back myself. :act-up:

No that was not too confusing, I think I see what you are getting at. With the shorter shaft I would imagine that even though it is labled as 3 wood it plays shorter, maybe more like a 4 wood.

Thanks guys you have answered all my questions, I think it is going to go in the bag.

Yep, mine was more like a 5w though lol. I LOVE lower profile FWY's but it just didn't play as long as I felt like it should (stuuuuuuubborn lol). Super versatile though.

Thats ok, just as long as it is 10-15 yards longer than my 3 hybrid.

Back