Srixon Z-Star Driver

YOu have to look at it this way. If a store gets an item lets say 3 months ahead of time (just throwing out numbers) and puts it on the shelf or lets people try it out, what customers would purchase the existing product from that company if the new one is sitting there with a sign saying 'coming soon'.

The Z-star that I hit was in no way on display, and the range was empty during the time I used it. I probably should have put that in my first post, so sorry if I confused anyone. I think I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

The Z-star that I hit was in no way on display, and the range was empty during the time I used it. I probably should have put that in my first post, so sorry if I confused anyone. I think I just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

No sweat, it was not directed at you at all. Just using an example.

Gotcha. You may need to make it out to a THP Demo Day then. FILLED with pre-release goods sometimes...:act-up:

Oh trust me, I really want to. I'd be coming from CA, but my father recently retired to the Venetian in Venice, FL and I am thinking of combining a family visit with a demo day, and maybe even the '11 Outing. Just thinking about it makes me excited!

Oh trust me, I really want to. I'd be coming from CA, but my father recently retired to the Venetian in Venice, FL and I am thinking of combining a family visit with a demo day, and maybe even the '11 Outing. Just thinking about it makes me excited!

The old THP HQ used to be less than 3 miles from that neighborhood. Demo Day at PGA National and the outing is something special and these drivers will be in attendance.

I live and breathe Cleveland/Srixon. I love their products and currently play the Cleveland Monster, but I am 99% sure I will be picking one of these up come March. One of the best looking drivers I have seen and I am not impressed with Cleveland's upcoming driver looks at all.

JB, how different is the weight difference in the Srixon vs. Cleveland Ultralite series. Interested in the Srixon but could see some setback going from light to heavy?

JB, how different is the weight difference in the Srixon vs. Cleveland Ultralite series. Interested in the Srixon but could see some setback going from light to heavy?

Its different, but not ultra heavy. I see you have the 2011 Cleveland products way ahead of release. I am guessing since those are available to you, you should be able to hit this one as well correct?

I wish...the local store (mom & pop) does not follow the embargo rules I'm guessing. Imagine my surprise when I saw the store stocked with 2011 Cleveland stuff. As you can see I have almost completely switched out my last years Cleveland stuff. I would not have but I had to switch from stiff to regular shaft...getting slow in my old age. Only thing that sucks is I cannot registar the products yet. But I am very interested in the Srixon Driver and I'm not sure that they will stock them for testing...again a small shop.

THP Outing might be ideal for you then. Try it, get fitted on the launch monitor, and possibly even put it in play on the course.

If I can swing it I'll be there! Thanks.

THP Outing might be ideal for you then. Try it, get fitted on the launch monitor, and possibly even put it in play on the course.

I am very much looking forward to this at the outting!!

JB, how are you still liking the Srixon compared to all the other drivers you've hit? Have you had a chance to hit the Cleveland SL's?

JB, how are you still liking the Srixon compared to all the other drivers you've hit? Have you had a chance to hit the Cleveland SL's?

I hit them all at the demo day. I will have a larger write up on this tomorrow.

So for the last 3 rounds I have played nothing but the Srixon Z-Star and my SuperTri. Comparing them, trying them on the same holes, etc... I have come away with the fact that the Srixon is just a little better for my game. I am not getting increased distance really, but what I am getting is better launch numbers based on the launch monitor and the ball flight and shot chart that I have been keeping is really showing that. I absolutely love the customization of the Srixon and how simple it is. Let's face it, how many SuperTri owners out there have actually changed up the weights in the back of the driver? Sure most mess with the face angle, but few that I have seen have moved the weights around.

Part of that is understand what the weights are there to do and the other part is not having other weights to replace them with. The Srixon has allowed me to keep weights on hand (in the wrench) and has quick look instructions on what one will see when things are altered. Couple that with the ease of changing everything and they have a real winner on their hands.

So for the last 3 rounds I have played nothing but the Srixon Z-Star and my SuperTri. Comparing them, trying them on the same holes, etc... I have come away with the fact that the Srixon is just a little better for my game. I am not getting increased distance really, but what I am getting is better launch numbers based on the launch monitor and the ball flight and shot chart that I have been keeping is really showing that. I absolutely love the customization of the Srixon and how simple it is. Let's face it, how many SuperTri owners out there have actually changed up the weights in the back of the driver? Sure most mess with the face angle, but few that I have seen have moved the weights around.

Part of that is understand what the weights are there to do and the other part is not having other weights to replace them with. The Srixon has allowed me to keep weights on hand (in the wrench) and has quick look instructions on what one will see when things are altered. Couple that with the ease of changing everything and they have a real winner on their hands.

Sounds like a great driver and I would love to hit it but alas. Do you know if companies like Srixon and Bridgestone have any plans at all of making products for us lefties?

I have changed the weights around in mine, but you are correct in the fact that I prob have not done it 100% correctly. The reason is because I do not have the correct weights. I am ALL about ease of use and to me it sounds like the Srixon is much easier to change. This driver has been on my radar as a must try and here is yet another example of why I must try it. Thanks for the comparison. Other than launch angle...how is the dispersion...do you find yourself a little more accurate?

i'm also one looking forward to seeing this driver out on the market.

This is confirmed, the Z-Star will be at the THP Golf Outing in multiple flexes.

This is confirmed, the Z-Star will be at the THP Golf Outing in multiple flexes.

This is very good news! I hate to ask for more, but will it be available in multiple lofts?

This is very good news! I hate to ask for more, but will it be available in multiple lofts?

Im sure we can handle that.

Awesome!! I can't wait to take some swings with it!!

this is great news! I think I am going ot be a 'homer" for this driver

that is great news! it's such a gorgeous driver and i think a lot of guys will be impressed with it. is it available in LH?

good. I'd like to hit this more than I did a coupe of months ago

Back