Indoor golf simulator

sethg

Reaction score
Handicap
Building a new house and was hoping to save space to put in an indoor golf bay and down the road a launch monitor. Has anyone researched how much space you would need on the low end for this to work or companies that specialize in doing the installs. Thanks!

Biggsy might be your guy for this, he has a buddy who just put one in his house.

i have never used any of high end simulators how is the putting done on these.

/Is on the night watch for trolls after the last thread on this...

Building a new house and was hoping to save space to put in an indoor golf bay and down the road a launch monitor. Has anyone researched how much space you would need on the low end for this to work or companies that specialize in doing the installs. Thanks!
I can't recommend anyone but Full Swing Golf. Consummate professionals and quality work and as far as I am concerned, the best simulators out there, and that's from personal experience.

If you are seriously considering this, do your homework. They require more space than you could imagine and if you want anything else going on in the room (bar, theater, poker table, spectators), you need even more room. Most companies will provide specs and do a rough drawing for you based on your space beforehand, so you can be prepared for and provide for it down the road.

The full swing unit is 16' d. x 12'-5" w. x 10'-0". You need 18" behind the screen and I would recommend at least 3' behind the unit, 1" clear on each side of simulator and 2" above roof panel. That gives you enough room for yourself, the simulator and nothing else. You also need to provide for a 32" w x 42" h x 12" d CPU cabinet.

The space it was constructed in was quite large and space was not an issue. If space is an issue, I would contact the manufacturer.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. It was a fun process and it's even funner being able to use one of these regularly.

i have never used any of high end simulators how is the putting done on these.
The putting and chipping are the most difficult and least accurate of the shots. In many respects, it hurts your short game when you transition from simulator striking to outside playing.

Regarding the putting, it's very sensitive and it's easy to run it off the green on downhill putts. You putt at the front of the hitting mat, and your putt needs to roll over two sensors that are spaced equally before the screen to pick up the roll on the ball. You hit to a spot on the screen like you would playing outside, it's just very, very sensitive.

Thanks Biggsy. After using it would you bother with the putting aspect. Was thinking of it more for practice - indoor range kind of thing like at the golf store

Thanks Biggsy. After using it would you bother with the putting aspect. Was thinking of it more for practice - indoor range kind of thing like at the golf store

I feel the putting is a novelty add-on. I think you can get better practice on your stroke using a rollout mat type of green or a large indoor practice green if you have room.

The putting adds to the sim as it gives you a way to close out a hole when playing a round. The putting aspect is extremely difficult, as I said before, and we made it easier by having gimmes within 6', and that's hard to do sometimes- given the speed, grain and uphill and downhill parameters for a given green. It's hard :)

I came across a new company which uses high speed cameras and are almost half the price of most golf simulators in the market. I have not heard much about it but you can check their website at www.bogolf.com

Back