5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

Back to the bowflex for me tonite. I skipped a few workouts, but the snow shovelling and the sledding probably burned more calories anyways.
Now, the hard part of sticking to the ol' diet.

I had good cardio/lower body workout today. I walked the golf course through a foot and a half of snow. I really miss playing. :-(

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support. I'm happy with the start but I'm only 1/3 of the way to where I ultimately want to be (my wedding weight). So keep the ideas and suggestions coming!!

A HUGE thanks to Gray & Kelly for the excellent Southern hospitality last night. It was so good to see you both & speaking of looking good...

Guys, Gray is getting buff. I'm telling you the guy has definition going on at his forearms & shoulders. He's going to be smashing that ball down The Bear Trap in May.

Kelly's getting trim too! She has a bounce in her step & she's gonna be strutting her stuff in May (along with some new Cleveland fairway woods I suspect).

It's a New Year coming up and for those of us working out at the gym, time to get prepared for the 3-6 week crush of Resolutioners who join the gym, hog the machines/treadmills/ellipticals, & disrupt our routines. Don't let them force you from the gym until Feb. Remember 2/3 of them won't last 4 weeks. Just try some patience and use the fact your favorite machine/cardio equipment isn't always available to try something new, like the stair climber or take a zumba class if your normal boot camp class is full!

Can't wait to see everyone in May.

luckily, i have been able to run some miles outside lately here in the midwest when weather lets up. i'm up to 25 miles last week, hopefully the forecast of 40s-50s for the weekend are accurate, running in snow gear is for the birds! my buddy likes to remind me how "close" we have until our marathon, 122 days and counting

Wow!! That's some serious running. Good luck with your marathon

You all are doing some extremely fine work! It's also nice to see how everyone is supporting everyone else!

A very nice group of people on this forum. :)

I played the Wii game just dance 2 and got an awesome workout. We played at a small Christmas party and had a lot of fun. I am thinking about ordering it, because it has a fitness progress mode. I already ordered a copy for my Mom. Pandute wants the xbox kinect version. Of course, that means I need to get an xbox first, but I ain't complaining.lol

I want a Wii fit but the whole setup is just too expensive. I know it would make a workout so much more fun.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful support. I'm happy with the start but I'm only 1/3 of the way to where I ultimately want to be (my wedding weight). So keep the ideas and suggestions coming!!

A HUGE thanks to Gray & Kelly for the excellent Southern hospitality last night. It was so good to see you both & speaking of looking good...

Guys, Gray is getting buff. I'm telling you the guy has definition going on at his forearms & shoulders. He's going to be smashing that ball down The Bear Trap in May.

Kelly's getting trim too! She has a bounce in her step & she's gonna be strutting her stuff in May (along with some new Cleveland fairway woods I suspect).

It's a New Year coming up and for those of us working out at the gym, time to get prepared for the 3-6 week crush of Resolutioners who join the gym, hog the machines/treadmills/ellipticals, & disrupt our routines. Don't let them force you from the gym until Feb. Remember 2/3 of them won't last 4 weeks. Just try some patience and use the fact your favorite machine/cardio equipment isn't always available to try something new, like the stair climber or take a zumba class if your normal boot camp class is full!

Can't wait to see everyone in May.

1/3 of your goal is a pretty big deal. if you can get 1/3 of your goal down around the holidays, that is pretty impressive. the next few weeks will be tough if you exercise during peak hours, but i've found it helpful to just head to the gym 15 mins earlier and am able to 'claim' my machine before the rush.

I have been to the gym every night this week and I am feeling really good. I thought I would be a lot more sore but for some reason I'm not :confused2:... KellyBo thinks I am pushing myself too hard however I am enjoying my time there and seeing good results is encouraging. I am beginning to become more flexable so that is a good thing for my golf game. I seriously looking forward to what 2011 brings in the fitness department :thumb:

I have been to the gym every night this week and I am feeling really good. I thought I would be a lot more sore but for some reason I'm not :confused2:... KellyBo thinks I am pushing myself too hard however I am enjoying my time there and seeing good results is encouraging. I am beginning to become more flexable so that is a good thing for my golf game. I seriously looking forward to what 2011 brings in the fitness department :thumb:

It sounds like your really making progress! Not being sore is a sure sign of being fit.

I have gym everyday next semester! Not only do I love having that as a class, but it can't hurt me reaching goal by me running around for an hour and a half every day!

I have gym everyday next semester! Not only do I love having that as a class, but it can't hurt me reaching goal by me running around for an hour and a half every day!

Great spirit there Johnday! You can do it dude :thumb:

Well I failed to reach my goal of 5 lbs by 12/31 but did lose 3 pounds since we started this thread so I'll take it. It's better than the gain I usually have during the holidays. I'm sitting here making out a list of grocery items to get. I'm going to do low carb for a week to try to get rid of some of these carb cravings. I'm also going to hit the gym today. Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Hang in there KB and everyone, you guys are doing great. I've been fighting mad about having to eat whole grain EVERYTHING, lol and Liz actually makes me drink water now, yuk!

I am at ZERO or maybe a little negative weight loss (aka gain, haha) thanks to all the stuff people have out to snack on this time of year. Hopefully in a week or so I can make some progress!

I am at ZERO or maybe a little negative weight loss (aka gain, haha) thanks to all the stuff people have out to snack on this time of year. Hopefully in a week or so I can make some progress!

My # on the scale has been going up as well but I always expect that around the holidays. Now it's time to kick the sweet tooth and get down to business.

Well, I've been back to hitting the gym regularly these past 10 days or so for the first time in almost 1.5 years. First day or 2 was pretty difficult and MAN was I sore... I could barely put my shirt on for a couple days. But I'm already feeling better, have more energy and am getting in a groove.

I appreciate this thread for the accountability and comraderie. I would also like to congratulate all of those here who have already made pretty amazing progress. Nicely done!

Ok, would you want your refridgerator to have a glass door? Were watching the HGTV Dream House Giveaway and what a cool house, but I don't think I'd want a fridge like this. I have a hard enough time staying out of it, my nose prints would always be on the glass.

ok..not sure if I am making the outing, but I am in for 10lbs...(12 actually)

162 --> 150

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know about a useful website I found. www.livestrong.com On the MyPlate section you can track all of the foods you eat throughout the day and all of the activities you do. It gives you a breakdown of your net calories, sources of calories, (carbs, fat, protien), etc... What I really like is it has a very nice search tool to add your foods and it has nearly any food you can think of already preloaded, (i.e. Goldfish crackers, Clif bar, etc....). There is also an iphone & Blackberry app so you can add whatever you eat throughout the day. If nothing else it makes you think about what you're eating because you will think about logging it. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you know about a useful website I found. www.livestrong.com On the MyPlate section you can track all of the foods you eat throughout the day and all of the activities you do. It gives you a breakdown of your net calories, sources of calories, (carbs, fat, protien), etc... What I really like is it has a very nice search tool to add your foods and it has nearly any food you can think of already preloaded, (i.e. Goldfish crackers, Clif bar, etc....). There is also an iphone & Blackberry app so you can add whatever you eat throughout the day. If nothing else it makes you think about what you're eating because you will think about logging it. Hope everyone is doing well!

Looks like an awesome website!! Signed up...
Thanks OG...

Looks like an awesome website!! Signed up...
Thanks OG...

Glad to have ya my good friend! Let's all work and root each other onward to stay with our exercise routines or diet and reach our potential for 2011. I have a long way to go but my results are encouraging. Better muscle tone and better lasting power down the stretch. Great to have you on board and looking forward to your comments on here.

I can tell you that counting works.
Even if you dont exercise as much as you should, counting throughout the day will help you reach your goal
i signed up for the 2lbs/week offering. I plan on pulling down a 3rd lb by the exercise portion of the website...

Already started this morning with my coffee...Using Fat Free Coffee Mate across 4 cups of coffee would have cost me about 150 calories.
Totally unneeded... Back to straight black for me...

The last time I successfully lost a lot of weight, I wrote down every bite that I ate for months. I used a website called fatsecret.com. They have a lot of great features too (i.e., weight chart, journals, recipes, etc). I have started using their site again and recording my foods. I'm doing low carb this week because it really helps to jumpstart my diet and get rid of the cravings. Once I get rid of the bad cravings, I will start reintroducing the healthy carbs back into my diet. I feel a breakthrough coming!

I missed the gym Friday night because we got in late from a long (absolute worst ball striking day of 2010 for me) on the golf course. We had a dinner date at 6:00 p.m. with friends. Played much better golf Saturday then came home and watched football bowl games (no gym :bad:). KellyBo got me off my arse today and we went back to the gym! Back on track and my body thanked me. I will be back on schedule this week working out a minimum of five days. Good luck for everyone starting their 2011 diets/exercise plans!

Back