19 days contest recap

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I decided to check this out due to the Poker Chip insinuation.

Hopefully this will help show that it's not about "low number members" or being some sort of popularity contest, but here's a few stats I dug up from the 19 Days of Holiday Cheer contest. Out of 21 winners, 19 were forum members. That goes to show the extra entries given to forum members made quite an impact. More reason to join up; not necessarily participate unfortunately, but it's still playing within the rules.

Big posters:
Winners with 3,000 or more posts: 2 (the top was 3,743 as of right now)
Winners with 2000-2,999 posts: 0
Winners with 1,000-1,999 posts: 2
Winners with 500-999 posts: 2
Winners with 0-499 posts: 15 (that includes the two winners who did not join the forum)

Member number:
Winners whose membership number is 999 or less: 3 (lowest was Littlepingman, #60, but he disappeared for a while and only recently came back)
Winners whose membership number is 1,000-1,999: 4
Winners whose membership number is 2,000-2,999: 3
Winners whose membership number is over 3,000: 9
Non-members: 2

Winners who joined in 2009: 3
Winners who joined in 2010: 14
Winners who have not joined: 2

On a side note, winners who joined Sept.1, 2010 or later: 10

Hopefully this simply shows how fair these contests are. What I hope it doesn't show is the trend for people to join soley for the contests.

:clapp: A round of applause for our resident statistician. That's quite some research that really makes you open your eyes.

You're off on one thing, Smallie. I now have 3,744 posts. LOL.

Kevin

as a member who fits into all of the bolded numbers, I recently discovered this forum. And now, I am not going anywhere for golf news and information. Thank you JB and GolferGal. And Thank you to all of the other members who are making this site worth coming to.

It's so rigged! Haha! Good stuff smalls. Hopefully that sheds some light on things. If not, next year we'll tack on a 18% gratuity!

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

And for the sheer fact that this place is awesome I would pay it and smile. Wished I had joined sooner rather than later.

It's so rigged! Haha! Good stuff smalls. Hopefully that sheds some light on things. If not, next year we'll tack on a 18% gratuity!

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I decided to check this out due to the Poker Chip insinuation.

Hopefully this will help show that it's not about "low number members" or being some sort of popularity contest, but here's a few stats I dug up from the 19 Days of Holiday Cheer contest. Out of 21 winners, 19 were forum members. That goes to show the extra entries given to forum members made quite an impact. More reason to join up; not necessarily participate unfortunately, but it's still playing within the rules.

Big posters:
Winners with 3,000 or more posts: 2 (the top was 3,743 as of right now)
Winners with 2000-2,999 posts: 0
Winners with 1,000-1,999 posts: 2
Winners with 500-999 posts: 2
Winners with 0-499 posts: 15 (that includes the two winners who did not join the forum)

Member number:
Winners whose membership number is 999 or less: 3 (lowest was Littlepingman, #60, but he disappeared for a while and only recently came back)
Winners whose membership number is 1,000-1,999: 4
Winners whose membership number is 2,000-2,999: 3
Winners whose membership number is over 3,000: 9
Non-members: 2

Winners who joined in 2009: 3
Winners who joined in 2010: 14
Winners who have not joined: 2

On a side note, winners who joined Sept.1, 2010 or later: 10

Hopefully this simply shows how fair these contests are. What I hope it doesn't show is the trend for people to join soley for the contests.

Fair? By those stats I didn't stand a chance, haha. On the bright side, I don't have to try and sell my old clubs, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

===== QUOTE thedue ====

Fair? By those stats I didn't stand a chance, haha. On the bright side, I don't have to try and sell my old clubs, lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry using http://www.BerryBlab.com

===== /QUOTE ====

Good one Duey!!! I am with ya there! Can keep the old stuff!!

Lol, as a non serious golfer with iron headcovers, mine are in pretty good shape.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Back