<----"Ready's the old ss forged wedges for a little art project" :hypnotized:

I may juts have to send the infamous PING putter to SethO and let him mess around....or anyone else that wants to play with this

Removing paint fill can be easy and it can be tricky depending on the finish of your clubs. Most very much like acetone to remove the paint and it works quite well in most cases. Put some on a cotton swab or cotton ball and go to town and it will rub off. Keep in mind that acetone is a pretty harsh chemical and use gloves if you can. Also check the finish of your clubs first. Acetone can remove some finishes or cause harm to them.

acetone.jpg

Other items can work such as paint thinner and nail polish remover and can be less harsh.

Next up I will update the painting process as well as the cleanup process.

Acetone vapors are flammable and will make you high (in a bad way) if you breathe them in. Make sure you have plenty of ventilation if you are working indoors.

This is gonna be fun, if this is as easy as it is starting to look, I may be paint filling EVERYTHING!

Thanks for the great thread. My Dad always used Testors paint.

Should cleveland cg 11's have the same treatment as the cg15s? IF so I may be getting a 2 liter at Walgreens tonight lol.

Should cleveland cg 11's have the same treatment as the cg15s? IF so I may be getting a 2 liter at Walgreens tonight lol.

Should not be much difference. I have not done 11s, but have done 10 and 12s. I know the 11s had the big gel thingy in the back, so be careful for that and the glue holding it in place I would think.

I think that Acetone + Gel/Plastic = no more Gel/Plastic.

I think that Acetone + Gel/Plastic = no more Gel/Plastic.

Ding Ding Ding. Always best to use very little and keep it away from anything other than the paint.

Well decided to work on my VR instead, only taking off the red portions to change to blue since this guy's nickname is now "Sonic". He has got to look the part for the finished picture in the contest thread!!! lol

I wish I had seen this thread a few months ago. I wanted to replace the infill on my MP-33s. I got super bored one day and used my girlfriend's nail polish, but using the Testors would be much more appropriate and durable. It turned out pretty cool. Now instead of royal blue, the stamped MIZUNO is bright red.

Ok I've talked myself into doing this on my off days next week. I picked up a new old putter last week and I think it would better with some fresh paint on the bottom as well as making the alignment lines white. Any other tips floating around for someone new to this? I've done some work on my pistols but always used the paint sticks (think crayons for adults) and any mistakes with those is easily fixed. As far as the very small grooves has anyone found brushes or toothpicks to be better suited?

this is what i use, they are fine tipped paint markers, I use a black one to redo the paint on the bottom of my irons when it gets worn off. The fine tip fits right into the numbers and just follows it around like using a stencil. Hard to mess it up...

image_177.jpg

Nice post JB, I had such a tough time removing paint as well as a ton of residue hanging around.

I have done some paintfills in the past and always used Testers enamel paint. I just used a small brush with the hairs trimmed short painting the letters, numbers etc with a liberal amount of paint, and then stricking it off with something flat, in most cases a small rubber scrapper. For cleanup 24 hours or so later, I always use grip solvent on a Q-tip. Very simple. Grip solvent will not harm any finish, or at least it never has for me.

I am watching this thread with great interest. Great idea with some even better tips so far. If the forums had an Do-It-Yourself section this would be worthy of a sticky.

I am watching this thread with great interest. Great idea with some even better tips so far. If the forums had an Do-It-Yourself section this would be worthy of a sticky.

This is kind of a do it yourself section. It is more of an all in one with custom fitting and shafts as well. But custom is all about this section.

this is what i use, they are fine tipped paint markers, I use a black one to redo the paint on the bottom of my irons when it gets worn off. The fine tip fits right into the numbers and just follows it around like using a stencil. Hard to mess it up...

image_177.jpg

I always wondered of those would work. Now I know. I'll be looking for them.

This is something that interest me also.

Cool thread!
I'm in the middle of trying to figure out how to extend the sightline on my putter to the top of the face.

Back