The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I didnt. He never told me that he found it disturbing so I left it.

You know what's coming as soon as he reads this! It's like the new THP police.

i think its very offensive...

that i didnt play golf today... but at least i hit balls on the range :sad:

Me and this guy keep crossing paths, I feel a death match coming

aefca731-9b08-f111.jpg

I get my posting on the run

I like Coke Zero.

Kevin

Lookin for jobs in the golf industry. Any web sites I should look at? Doin some prospecting right now.

I like Coke Zero.

Kevin

I'm sorry.

You'd think I would because I drink Diet Coke. But I drank one sip out of a Coke Zero can and dumped the rest.

I'm sorry.

You'd think I would because I drink Diet Coke. But I drank one sip out of a Coke Zero can and dumped the rest.

I used to drink a lot of diet coke. Mixed with whiskey. Now I like Coke Zero. It tastes more like regular Coke and doesn't remind me of whiskey.

Kevin

Me and this guy keep crossing paths, I feel a death match coming

aefca731-9b08-f111.jpg

I get my posting on the run

Whoa! Did you get him? That would make for a nice belt strap.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Lookin for jobs in the golf industry. Any web sites I should look at? Doin some prospecting right now.

what kinda job are you interested in?
i know the pga website has a job finder but its pretty lean

Actually looking at getting into the marketing side. My focus in school was the research and promotions end. I have no idea if its even attainable right now. I did check that site and there were a couple jobs but I'm not sure they'd work with my current one. They were part time promotion gigs. Which I'd do to get my foot in the door, just not sure those ones would work.

It's been so long since I've done anythign marketing wise I'm kinda worried about it lol.

what kinda job are you interested in?
i know the pga website has a job finder but its pretty lean

Ha, so I talked about a potential job a week ago or so. Today, I go to meet with a director, a manager, and a couple team leaders to discuss it. I suppose you could call it an interview, but I'm going into it pretty laid back.

In an awesome twist of fate, the cold I've been fighting has decided to strike me with a bout of laryngitis and I sound like Peter Brady when his voice changed. I can hardly talk and it hurts like a son of a gun. Should be interesting lol.

Ha, so I talked about a potential job a week ago or so. Today, I go to meet with a director, a manager, and a couple team leaders to discuss it. I suppose you could call it an interview, but I'm going into it pretty laid back.

In an awesome twist of fate, the cold I've been fighting has decided to strike me with a bout of laryngitis and I sound like Peter Brady when his voice changed. I can hardly talk and it hurts like a son of a gun. Should be interesting lol.

Is it in FL?

Yeah but didn't Peter have Joe Namath come visit him in an episode because he missed a game or something because he was sick like that? lol Might work out for you man.

No, it's two floors down haha. I can't move to FL for probably like four years or Erica has to pay back some grants we got on the house. It would be a huge hit financially. Sucks. This job is my way of getting some skills that will be attractive to potential suitors in FL :)

Yeah but didn't Peter have Joe Namath come visit him in an episode because he missed a game or something because he was sick like that? lol Might work out for you man.

All Namath is going to do is teach me how to booze and harrass women. I'm quite adept at both already.

Interview at 1:30 and just got a call with the offer. 16% increase in salary. WTF.

Interview at 1:30 and just got a call with the offer. 16% increase in salary. WTF.

low ballin....they dont expect you to take it but if you do, they'll be ecstatic.

How much more work/responsibility is it Hawk? 16% in this market is nothing to sneeze at unless what you will be doing is significantly more demanding.

It's more work, but that's because I basically jack around all day in the current one. It's not just the money, but the experience for the future and it gets me into programming without going to school for it. I'm pretty much LUCKY AS HELL.

+1 especially if you're going to get that programming training for free without going to school.
How much more work/responsibility is it Hawk? 16% in this market is nothing to sneeze at unless what you will be doing is significantly more demanding.

I just found out March 5th is Potty Dance Day. Though I'd pass that along.

Kevin

It's more work, but that's because I basically jack around all day in the current one. It's not just the money, but the experience for the future and it gets me into programming without going to school for it. I'm pretty much LUCKY AS HELL.

wish I had that kind of offer. Good luck. Getting experience without school is nice.

I just found out March 5th is Potty Dance Day. Though I'd pass that along.

Kevin

I'm hoping my 3 year old will be partaking in those festivities by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back