Trip to disney, recommendations?

Check out Mousesavers. Good site for for info for anything Disney.
http://www.mousesavers.com/wdw.html

I'd say Magic Kingdom and Epcot is a must. Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom can be split into one day. Animal Kingdom has two good rides, but otherwise, its a zoo.

There's two parks at Univeral Studios also. I prefer Islands of Adventure.

If you're golfing down there, make sure you hit the Mickey Bunker on the Magnolia course
magnolia1.jpg

What's in Epcot? Is there rides there? If I remember correctly, on the website it looked like a bunch of cultural places?

What's in Epcot? Is there rides there? If I remember correctly, on the website it looked like a bunch of cultural places?

Epcot has two sections:

Future World contains rides and is technology/future based.

The World Showcase in the back of Epcot is 11 "countries" in pavillions built to represent the country, with restaurants, shops, a few rides, some movies, etc.

I love both. In Future World you have Soarin' (our favorite ride in all of WDW), Spaceship Earth (classic), Nemo and Friends (cool effect with animated characters IN the water tank with the live fish - and inside the building they have Turtle Talk with Crush where the animated turtle talks to you live - cool stuff), Journey Into Imagination with Figment (a mere shell of its former, original glory), Ellen's Energy Adventure (funny stuff with Ellen D. but the total ride takes 45 minutes - go if it rains or you need a nap, otherwise we skip it), Mission Space (intense option or mild option - simulator ride to Mars), Test Track (ride the car through vehicle testing, more of a thrill ride).

In the World Showcase the rides are mostly boat rides and gentle but fun. We like Mexico a lot. Norway has a couple of slides/drops on theirs. The rest of the "attractions" the WS are movies - but Canada's movie is funny with Martin Short in it - you might get a kick out of that.

Epcot is a huge park - the entire Magic Kingdom can fit into the lake that is in the middle of Epcot. It takes a full day or more to see everything.

I agree with the Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom being half-day parks. Though if you like shows the Festival of the Lion King show at the Animal Kingdom is maybe the best show on property - a combination of broadway and Cirque de Soliel almost. Some very good stuff they do. The bird show can be funny, too. And the safari ride if you want to do that one. The Finding Nemo show looks cool but the music is horrifically annoying and cheesy.

At Hollywood Studios you have the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster for thrill rides. The Great Movie Ride is ok but getting dated. The Muppets 3D show is hilarious if you like the Muppets. Toy Story Mania is the new interactive ride where you ride with 3D glasses, shoot at targets on the screen, etc. Fun stuff.

Ok so is it possible to hit 4 parks in 3 days? Were thinking of buying a 3 day park hopper. Do Epcot the first day, then wake up early and do the next three in 2 days. We'll then hit one universal park, and maybe seaworld?

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

nice thread..
I am watching intently as this is one of my possible vacation choice in April

Ok so is it possible to hit 4 parks in 3 days? Were thinking of buying a 3 day park hopper. Do Epcot the first day, then wake up early and do the next three in 2 days. We'll then hit one universal park, and maybe seaworld?

Too much stuff, not enough days. Did you lock down anything yet (when, how many days, car or not)? Don't smush too many activities in a short amount of time because you'll leave tired and/or disappointed.

Not if you want to see/do most things. You can do all four parks in three days, but you'll have to skip a lot of things to do it, and only if they are not crowded. If the parks are running shorter hours for down season you'll also have less time, so that will factor into the equation as well. Better to do three parks in three days and skip one park entirely (I'd suggest Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios if you do that). Epcot is huge and takes a day +. The Magic Kingdom IS Disney World. Between the other two I'd just say look at what they have and pick the one that you like the best. For us it is Hollywood Studios so we rarely go to Animal Kingdom, other people love the animal and such. Up to you.

If you have never been to Disney, I would recommend a full day in MGM, The Magic Kingdom, Epcot & Animal Kingdom and skip the day at Seaworld. Even in central Florida it could be cold at Seaworld with the wind and water. Also I have stayed in the park a couple of times and one of those times I stayed in one of the AllStar resorts for less than $100 per night. The room was very much like a Holiday Inn and I never had to move the car for the entire week, the trams take you right to the entrances of the parks so it actually save you some walk time. And if you stay until the parks close at night there can be quite a bit of traffic as you try to leave. I recommend buying the tickets online and reading as much about the different parks as you can before going.
Where do you plan to stop in Georgia?

Hey Penglynns, good to see another Dis'r on the boards.
I wanted to throw one more piece of advice out there for your trip planning. The big attractions, ie Soarin, Test Track Toy Story and even Space Mountain get long lines very quickly. If you are hitting multiple parks in one day you most likely will not get to do the "big" attraction at the second park you visit unless you plan on spending an hour in line. After you switch parks wait till right before closing to hit them. This works on about all the big ones except Toy Story Mania.

We always plan our days by what popular attraction we want on that given day. Hit that park at rope drop and get it out of the way. For example you can to go to Epcot at rope drop and hit Soarin get a fast pass and ride it, then do Test track and back to Soarin to use your fast pass. Everything else in Epcot will have much shorter lines and you can move quickly thru the park. If you plan on exploring all the country pavilions at Epcot, forget it, that takes days. Just do a walk around the world and grab lunch some where.

The only thing I don't agree with in the thread is a full day at hollywood studios ( IMO ). If you hit toy story at rope drop the rest of the park will be easy to see in a partial day ( star tours in closed ), same with Animal Kingdom. Unless you plan on walking all the trails to see the animals, you can do it in a partial day.

BTW, Soarin is my favorite attraction at Disney !

Hey Penglynns, good to see another Dis'r on the boards.

The only thing I don't agree with in the thread is a full day at hollywood studios ( IMO ). If you hit toy story at rope drop the rest of the park will be easy to see in a partial day ( star tours in closed ), same with Animal Kingdom. Unless you plan on walking all the trails to see the animals, you can do it in a partial day.

BTW, Soarin is my favorite attraction at Disney !

DISer's will one day take over the world. :)

Our problem with DHS is the shows - since Indy and B&B run on the same schedule with the first at 11:00 am and second not until closer to 1:00 pm there is no way we can possibly get out of DHS before 1:30 at the earliest, then travel time to another park etc. leaves you less than a true half day at the other park, especially during shorter winter hours and no PM EMH.

Alright everyone, we are leaving feb 25th and arriving in Orlando at our hotel on the 26th. The 27th, 28th, 1st and 2nd we are at Disney with a 4 day non park hopper pass. The 3rd is a lazy halfday, gf wants to go to the beach, I'll probably play some AM golf, then start the drive home. Play golf hopefully in Asheville the next day, then make the journey home.

Seems packed but I've done a couple road trips in Canada and I'm not worried about getting burnt out.

We also might head to islands of adventure on the 3rd and push everything back a day, still deciding.

Alright everyone, we are leaving feb 25th and arriving in Orlando at our hotel on the 26th. The 27th, 28th, 1st and 2nd we are at Disney with a 4 day non park hopper pass. The 3rd is a lazy halfday, gf wants to go to the beach, I'll probably play some AM golf, then start the drive home. Play golf hopefully in Asheville the next day, then make the journey home.

Seems packed but I've done a couple road trips in Canada and I'm not worried about getting burnt out.

Dude, beach? I hope it's Blizzard Beach because you'll be in for a drive. Plus the water will be cold, although you guys are from Canada so it'll be slightly above room temperature for you guys.

My wife and I stayed at Saratoga Springs for our honeymoon. It is right on Buena Vista Golf Course (Cobra and Titleist rental sets available). It is walking distance to Downtown Disney. Whatever you do, there is an Irish pub in Downtown Disney, I forget the name of it, go there. Great food and a great atmostphere. I am telling you that if there is one thing that you do while there, go to the Irish pub in Downtown Disney.

If you want to stay on site port Orleans French quarter is the place to stay. Quiet, secluded, and riverside :)

My wife and I stayed at Saratoga Springs for our honeymoon. It is right on Buena Vista Golf Course (Cobra and Titleist rental sets available). It is walking distance to Downtown Disney. Whatever you do, there is an Irish pub in Downtown Disney, I forget the name of it, go there. Great food and a great atmostphere. I am telling you that if there is one thing that you do while there, go to the Irish pub in Downtown Disney.

I concur. Love hanging out there and people watch with a Guinness and some fish and chips in my hand. It's called Raglan Road

Dude, beach? I hope it's Blizzard Beach because you'll be in for a drive. Plus the water will be cold, although you guys are from Canada so it'll be slightly above room temperature for you guys.

Wasnt even thinking. Not beach lol. Ill drop her off at a mall or something.

I concur. Love hanging out there and people watch with a Guinness and some fish and chips in my hand. It's called Raglan Road

Definitely will minus the guinness. Had one in scotland, Im not man enough for it.

Thanks again everyone!!

Yeah, the beach is about an hour and a half drive either way from Orlando and the water will be in the 50s that time of year, weather not gauranteed to be much warmer. Won't see any of us natives that aren't crazy surfers out in it, that's for sure.

Raglan Road, btw, has an awesome fried candy bar called a D'Oh Bar that is soooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney does amazing sandwiches, too. Wish we had one near us. I'd be fat on their sandwiches, ha.

Back