Help Picking New Driver And 3-Wood

Ginja-Ninja

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys for 2011 I'm thinking of getting a new driver and 3-wood to the bag. As you can see in my bag below a couple of things:

1.I love Taylormade
2.I have been FITTED for TP shafts in clubs so I'm not a poser I actually need them

So my two options right about now are the R11 TP or the SuperFast 2.0 TP. Now I know I should go with which one that feels better but with the current models of R9 Supertri TP and SuperFast TP I feel comfortable with both. Now it's just a decision on which one is cooler and your guys/girls thoughts on which one you like better :act-up:

the pics of the superfast 2.0 look pretty sweet... just my opinion

On looks alone, I like the R11 better.

I dont think anyone here would call you a poser for using a TP. So dont think that someone will call you out if you say it. Just thought id throw that out there.

Going off looks, I really like the 2.0 but just being able to switch out shafts makes the R11 hard to beat and im sure you could fine tune it with the perfect shaft and get really close to the distance of the superfast.

Hey guys for 2011 I'm thinking of getting a new driver and 3-wood to the bag. As you can see in my bag below a couple of things:

1.I love Taylormade
2.I have been FITTED for TP shafts in clubs so I'm not a poser I actually need them

So my two options right about now are the R11 TP or the SuperFast 2.0 TP. Now I know I should go with which one that feels better but with the current models of R9 Supertri TP and SuperFast TP I feel comfortable with both. Now it's just a decision on which one is cooler and your guys/girls thoughts on which one you like better :act-up:

What are TP shafts in clubs?

I dont think anyone here would call you a poser for using a TP. So dont think that someone will call you out if you say it. Just thought id throw that out there.

The whole TP thing people just buy TP clubs to say they have them I was just explaining that I actually do need them and I don't just have them to have the logo....

Shafts are explained in signature.

Those are TP shafts? I mean yes I guess they can come with certain TP models, but what does that mean when picking a new model? I always assumed when a fitting is done that you get fit for a specific shaft, not TP or non-TP. Does that mean that you will be keeping these current shafts or that you were fitted for these models and only want to play things in TP? Im really confused. I dont play a standard shaft in my driver, nor is it a custom option yet from TaylorMade. Does that mean it is TP because it is aftermarket?

Sorry for the questions, just a little confused.

Going off looks, I really like the 2.0 but just being able to switch out shafts makes the R11 hard to beat and im sure you could fine tune it with the perfect shaft and get really close to the distance of the superfast.

+1 on switching shafts. That will open up a whole new world to you. Have to go with the R11.

Those are TP shafts? I mean yes I guess they can come with certain TP models, but what does that mean when picking a new model? I always assumed when a fitting is done that you get fit for a specific shaft, not TP or non-TP. Does that mean that you will be keeping these current shafts or that you were fitted for these models and only want to play things in TP? Im really confused. I dont play a standard shaft in my driver, nor is it a custom option yet from TaylorMade. Does that mean it is TP because it is aftermarket?

Sorry for the questions, just a little confused.

Yes those are both TP shafts. I will get fitted for new shafts for these models. When I got fitted for my entire set I didn't care if they were TP shafts or not but they did fit me for specific shafts and both of them were TP shafts in the end so I got what the stats told me to get.

Ideally, the THP Demo Day would be HUGE for you. The ability to hit everything on the course and have so many shaft options helps a lot of people.

Well if your going by which one looks "cooler"...after seeing the pics of the R11, its pretty freaking cool!!!

I thought TP was just a little moniker that TM made up I don't think it is and industry term...

back on topic; other people can't decide what is cool for you, what I think is cool you might think is ugly and vice versa. You should only be concerned with what you think looks cool

You can read multiple reviews on the TMPL system on our website. We love it and speak very highly of it. It is NOT a THP Demo Day however.

I guess the biggest difference against the MATT Centre and the THP Demo Day would be Computers VS Being on an actual range so I will look into it thanks. :)

I guess the biggest difference against the MATT Centre and the THP Demo Day would be Computers VS Being on an actual range so I will look into it thanks. :)

No, we have a launch monitor as well.

One is a full fitting and I believe that is extremely important. But its a fitting, its not a demo day that features every single brand in the world just about. Pre-release equipment, a full day on the range. Taking clubs on the course for actual rounds. Did I mention every single brand? They are different animals and I would never compare a fitting on our launch monitor at demo day to TMPL, but I would also never compare going to a fitting that takes a couple of hours to a THP demo day.

No, we have a launch monitor as well.

One is a full fitting and I believe that is extremely important. But its a fitting, its not a demo day that features every single brand in the world just about. Pre-release equipment, a full day on the range. Taking clubs on the course for actual rounds. Did I mention every single brand? They are different animals and I would never compare a fitting on our launch monitor at demo day to TMPL, but I would also never compare going to a fitting that takes a couple of hours to a THP demo day.

Damn I wish I could go!

Back