• Cord

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Non-Cord

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 28 29.8%

• Total voters
Golf pride ...tour wrap 2G.

I am sorry guys. I substituted worn for slick but I did not mean to imply that i had worn it out. We have been discussion the bottom section getting slick sooner than at least I had expected it and I did not mean to switch gears and imply that it was worn out as in worn through as well. I was using worn out and slick in the same breadth. Worn out meaning if it is too slick and you can't bring it back you can't use it anymore.

Winn Lite by far the best feeling grips that I have ever played. I currently have the Winn Lite Hero Softs on all of my clubs and they are tacky super tacky and a great soft feel to them.

I took some of the clubs with the MC grips to the heated bay range today. I had been hitting other clubs since the season ended and i wanted to remind myself of what I had felt the last time I had played them. Just as i remember the bottom section is pretty slick. A couple of times taking my normal grip (which is very light as I do not light to strangle the club) I could not keep the bottom hand on the club.

A guy came over from an adjacent bay asking me how I was hitting them (it is that kind of a place) and I told him what I was doing. He said that the bottom section of the MC's got slick on him in a little over a month of serious play and he changed them out for the BCT GP cords.

To be honest at the time when I had the MC's installed on my clubs my fitter told me that they had gotten slick on him faster than he had expected on his clubs but that he was happy to put them on my clubs if that was what I wanted.

I took some of the clubs with the MC grips to the heated bay range today. I had been hitting other clubs since the season ended and i wanted to remind myself of what I had felt the last time I had played them. Just as i remember the bottom section is pretty slick. A couple of times taking my normal grip (which is very light as I do not light to strangle the club) I could not keep the bottom hand on the club.

A guy came over from an adjacent bay asking me how I was hitting them (it is that kind of a place) and I told him what I was doing. He said that the bottom section of the MC's got slick on him in a little over a month of serious play and he changed them out for the BCT GP cords.

To be honest at the time when I had the MC's installed on my clubs my fitter told me that they had gotten slick on him faster than he had expected on his clubs but that he was happy to put them on my clubs if that was what I wanted.

Thats really weird that the bottom part would get that slick since its not used that much. I dont understand how your not able to keep your right hand on the club when its not really used that much and more of guide as opposed to your left hand doing most of the work. I have the grip in my hand right now and trying to figure out how that part would become slick and how your right hand would slip off. Not knocking you or anything at all just really interested considering im about to buy some MC grips and I really like the top part (cord) of the grip and dont seem to have a problem with the bottom.

I like the top part too which is why I am thinking the next grip for me is going to be the BCT cord. My right hand does not do much either. It appeared today that if I took my usual light grip my right hand would slip off on occasion as I made my usual pretty aggressive move at the start of the downswing. I tend to be pretty left side dominant and make a pretty aggressive move down and through. Mainly after I have fired my left hip, my left shoulder is pulling everything else along behind it and as long as I have hinged my wrists properly and keep them hinged as long as i should my right hand is almost just being carried along for the ride and my whole right side is not much more than a guide helping to keep the club on plane. That said it is a pretty aggressive move down and a couple of times today my right hand just would not stay along for the ride and slipped off. It came off the same way both times. The club got pulled right out of my fingertips.

yeah just the sweaty hand oils time after time will kill the grip. rub it off w/ paper and clean it itll spring back to life lol

Golf pride ...tour wrap 2G.
+1 I have these grips also as I don't like playing with a glove on. These are very tacky and are easy to keep that way. I just wash them after one or two rounds and they feel great. These are the best grips I have found for a person who doesn't care to wear a golve.

Lampkin crossline. I have to have an oversize grip and this one felt the best from the limited OS selection my Golf Smith had. Plus I like the "old school" looks.

The Crosslines are the other grip I am considering seriously along with the V-55 BCT grips. i like to wear a glove but I think either of those will allow me my light grip and stand a good chance of remaining consistent over a reasonable period of time.

GP New Decade, either white or red. Regular on all clubs except 56/60 which are midsize.

I'm a Crossline Classic Black guy, myself.

Lamkin Crossline Cord ribbed. No glove. Lamkin Tour Black Full Cords are nice too, but they are more of a rubber feel than a cord feel.

I have V-55 BCT ribbed on my X-Forged irons right now. They're ok, but definitely more abrasive than the Lamkins.

Winn Xi7, but I'm currently trying the TackiMac Itomics...

I am pretty religious on my grips, until recently all of my clubs have had Golf Pride NDMC grips. This past week, my Stepfather gave me this new Mizuno MPT 11 wedge. I also recieved a Premio grip and I decided to try it out. So far I am pretty amazed. Nice sticky grip, but I haven't hit it outside yet due to snow, just in my basement. I am looking forward to getting it out in the elements.
4b82675120df16a1ffb8be728ef25cea79de6e5a.JPG

09b36507100adf006f14fc0d8c117c9d43468015.JPG

Last edited:
Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound grips on woods, irons and wedges for the last couple years. Putters i am going with Lamkin Crossline.

I love those decades- I have the b/w on all my club

Grip Preference

Grip Preference

What type of Grips does everyone use/prefer? Personally, I like Cord.

Post what you chose and why, sil vous plait (PLEASE)

Merged with another thread.

WOW. sorry JB, I even searched and this thread didn't come up. Sorry guys :angry::angry::angry:

No worries.

I personally prefer a wrap grip. It gives me a better feeling of being able to use a very light grip pressure yet still manipulate the clubhead.

Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound - best grips I've ever used.

Back