Brian Gay Re-Signs & John Daly Signs w/ Bettinardi!

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I have sources very close to me that have confirmed that Brian Gay has officially re-signed with Bettinardi golf for 2011. It has also been confirmed that John Daly has signed with Bettinardi as well. He even has his own custom headcover!

http://yfrog.com/h83snbj

talk about complete opposite ends of the spectrum! Good to see Bettinardi keeping its talent in house

Way to go JD. Loudmouth is sure getting their $$$ worth with him.

talk about complete opposite ends of the spectrum! Good to see Bettinardi keeping its talent in house

I was thinking the same exact thing!

JD and Betti- A perfect pair? I am so confused...

Kinda makes the brand seem less cool having JD on board..

• Admin
I think it's either going to be really good or really bad for business. But as a business person I understand the risk. I am really interested to see what happens in 2011 for him.

I am even more interested to see how 2011 goes for Brian Gay. He is one of my favorites based solely on the fact that he is just a great guy and I really want to see him do well. I think he is a true ambassador for the company because that guy can flat out putt!

Kinda makes the brand seem less cool having JD on board..

JD and Betti- A perfect pair? I am so confused...

Me either..... but hopefully Betti can get Daly a putter that will make putts. Every episode of Being John Daly he always complaining about his putting got tiresome listening to it.

I actually think it's a win-win for Bettinardi. If JD has a good year then there's more recognition to what he's playing. If he has a typical year then there's virtually no interest or harm that comes to Bettinardi given that BG would offset the gap in 'exposure'

I think it's either going to be really good or really bad for business. But as a business person I understand the risk. I am really interested to see what happens in 2011 for him.

I am even more interested to see how 2011 goes for Brian Gay. He is one of my favorites based solely on the fact that he is just a great guy and I really want to see him do well. I think he is a true ambassador for the company because that guy can flat out putt!

IMO - both are irrelevant

Brian Gay is irrelevant? He had 2 wins in a year 2 years ago and just struggled a little last year. You know who else had stats similar to that? Tiger Woods. I think anybody that wins twice in a year is relevant.

I agree GG! I met Brian at Masters last year and he was very nice & pleasant to everyone signing autographs for. He wasn't one to sign something and throw it at you without looking up. He would carry on a little conversation instead of ones go down line without saying anything. He is shorter in person than I would have guess but Sligo gear adds character! :cool:

Neat. I like jd and Brian gay. It's too bad people baked by large corps think he dresses terribly. I love Sligo, I just look a little awkward in it.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

If Brian Gay is irrelevant, man would I love to be irrelevant.

I like Gay, not sure about JD at this point. JD is a person who I want to like, he is a colorful character who could be great for the tour, but he just keeps screwing up.

I like Gay, not sure about JD at this point. JD is a person who I want to like, he is a colorful character who could be great for the tour, but he just keeps screwing up.

I feel the same way about JD. I want to like him but he makes it hard. I look forward to seeing what happens in 2011.

Great for Betti! I really enjoy watching BG play some golf. Not a huge Daly fan, but he is a big name in golf and I am glad to see that he chose to go with Bettinardi.

Not surprised Brain resigned with Betti he's a killer putter. Maybe some magic will rub off on JB.

Gay seems like a nice pick up for Bettinardi but I'm not sure about JD. When I think of Bettinardi I think "classy". Classy and John Daly don't belong in the same sentence.

Brian Gay is a class act and comes off as some what quiet, JD and loud Mouth come off ... loud. I guess, from a marketing stand point a stalemate. Good or bad JD has people talking Bettinardi, thats a good move. I'm thinking they look at BG from the "Class" side? The Bettinardi company didn't just wake up over night, they understand the market and are looking for their share, go get it guy's.

Well that didn't last long..... saw pics of Daly using a Nike Method at the Sony Open. I know it's only during practice round but that doesn't look like something you would do if you just signed with different putter company.

Well that didn't last long..... saw pics of Daly using a Nike Method at the Sony Open. I know it's only during practice round but that doesn't look like something you would do if you just signed with different putter company.

Actually that stuff happens a lot. For the first time ever (that I know of), Nike is doing shoe and putter deals this year. That means that you will see a lot of guys trying their putters out during practice rounds and on the putting green.

Back