What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a crazy round out there today. 34* and windy but not that bad and my swing felt really good despite all the layers. Front 9 I go out in 49!!! I couldn't putt or chip to save my life. Make the turn and boom goes the dynamite I shoot 36 coming in with 4 birds! I'll take the 85 considering the front nine but ahh what could have been.

I had a crazy round out there today. 34* and windy but not that bad and my swing felt really good despite all the layers. Front 9 I go out in 49!!! I couldn't putt or chip to save my life. Make the turn and boom goes the dynamite I shoot 36 coming in with 4 birds! I'll take the 85 considering the front nine but ahh what could have been.

Dang dude that is a nice back nine. Way to go!

Today I went to hit balls and the range was closed, so the guys let me take a cart and get as many holes as I could.

I wasn't real sure I wanted to play as it was about 40-43 degrees and and the wind was between 20 and 40 mph. Brutal conditions, especially for AZ.

I hit the ball pretty well but shot 42. 4 pars, 4 bogies and a double.

Three of the bogies and the double were dead into the wind. One drive I crushed a whopping 210. I hit a great 4 iron 170 when my normal distance is 210. On a 150 yard par 3, I hit 6 iron(normally 175-185) and landed 5 yards short. On one par 5, I hit driver, 3w, 6i and was still 20 yards short. I then tried to hit a low wedge and flew the green and ended up with my double. The other par 5 I hit driver, 3w, 3w, and pitched to 3 ft to make par.

As bad as the score was, it was a really fun 9 holes. Had to be way more creative than normal.

Today I went to hit balls and the range was closed, so the guys let me take a cart and get as many holes as I could.

I wasn't real sure I wanted to play as it was about 40-43 degrees and and the wind was between 20 and 40 mph. Brutal conditions, especially for AZ.

I hit the ball pretty well but shot 42. 4 pars, 4 bogies and a double.

Three of the bogies and the double were dead into the wind. One drive I crushed a whopping 210. I hit a great 4 iron 170 when my normal distance is 210. On a 150 yard par 3, I hit 6 iron(normally 175-185) and landed 5 yards short. On one par 5, I hit driver, 3w, 6i and was still 20 yards short. I then tried to hit a low wedge and flew the green and ended up with my double. The other par 5 I hit driver, 3w, 3w, and pitched to 3 ft to make par.

As bad as the score was, it was a really fun 9 holes. Had to be way more creative than normal.

Awesome score in those conditions. That's basically what I played in for the last month and a half of the season. It's challenging, but entertaining at the same time.

Shot 117 on a beautiful day in Long Beach, CA (Skylinks GC Muni). Snow capped mountains, wind, and a damp course (in good shape). I had a single par (on a par 4). I don't play enough to be consistent, so I plan to take advantage of some lessons I received as a gift to connect the pieces in a cohesive manner. Can't wait to get back out.

44 39 starting to get distance down with my 2.0 should of calledem long knockers lol

Played 2 rounds today. Shot a 79 on the first and an 80 on the second. Going back out in the morning to try to do it again.

I shot the guy who promised me he made us a tee time which wasn't the case when we got to the course.:angry::at-wits-end::banghead:

Shot an 80 on the Cypresswood Traditions course here in Houston TX on my 1st ever time to see it today. It could have been my best iron ball striking day of my life. If I had played the humidity and sea level elavation better i would have shot way better since I putted well too lol. Must have been all the 200 balls of 6 iron practice I did at golfsmith yesterday trying to find new clubs heh.

Saturday Jan 1 0934 tee time 58 degrees warming to 70 - very windy ahead of storm front
Island View / Pine View

1 par 4 5
2 par 4 4
3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 3
6 par 3 5
7 par 5 6
8 par 3 3
9 par 5 6

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 7
4 par 3 4
5 par 4 3
6 par 3 5
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 5

Island 40 Pine 42 - 82

How can one hit it almost perfectly all day from the tee and shoot 10 over par? 10 of 14 fairways hit and just a step out of 3 more, but could not score. I survived the opening stretch of 5 par 4's at even par, but at the island green 6th blocked an 8I into the water to begin a long slide. In the back fringe in 2 on the par 5 7th, I putted my way to a bogey 6. And then trying to drive over the layup creek at the par 5 9th, the strong wind at my back knocked the ball out of the air into the creek, my only 'trouble' drive of the round. At the par 5 12th, going against the howling winds I went for it in two, and the ball ran about 20 yards left of the green - and we never found it! It found a great hiding place. After a birdie at #14, my 9I from 154 on the par 3 flew everything, and left me between two trees with a raised root 3 inches behind my ball; my attempt at an extrication chop only moved it about 5 feet. All in all, just not my day to shine...

Last edited:
33* and windy as heck 45 44 all i could do im telling ur guys those 2.0 r bad a... hit a terriable drive and had 212 to the middle of the green 25mph cross wind hit to back of the green nice traj shot luv these things :banana:

42 43 hit 64.4% of fairway hit too many pull hooks with my irons turning my hands over to much

Played at Klipper in Kaneohe today. The course that our often vacationing president played at just a few days ago. Today was probably the worst round of golf I have ever played since I started golfing!!! The first round I ever played wasn't even this bad and my day just kept adding insult to injury. I lost 14 balls today...14!!! Well two were stolen right in front of my eyes. The most I ever lost before this was 6 and that was the very first game I played at a course with lots of shrubbery and water. The last 4 holes I had to search for shag balls in the rough to keep playing! I cut my arm on a tree branch, forgot to put the breaks on my cart and went chasing it down a hill (it finally tipped and I had to jump over it to avoid falling on it...I flipped over it and I fell hard)!!! I dropped my 3 wood on a cart path when my bag decided to spit it back out at me (left a bad gash on the paint but hey, at least it's on the bottom where I can't see it). I had a group of high ranking officers playing the hole ahead of me and my buddy and when I sliced two straight balls into the rough they drive over and decide they like my Srixons so they pick them up and drive off with them. I chased them down and politely informed them that they had picked up my balls, but all they had to say was that they would never do such a thing and since they were Admirals that I had better watch who I'm accusing of being a thief. Sometimes being in the military sucks! Anybody have a worse day than that??? By the way...I threw my scorecard away about halfway through the front nine and therefore did not keep score.

Played for the first time this year at the course by my house. No warm up just rolled a few putts and it was off to hole 1. Thought it would be warmer but it was a little chilly and more wind then I thought. Shot a 47, 45 for a 92. Considering how little Ive been able to practice Im very ok with that score. Plus I took an 8 on the par 4 hole number 1 and a 5 on the par 3 second. Over all I guess I cant expect much better with it being winter and not having much practice time.

47/47
first round of the year
got a par under my belt... shoulda had an easy birdie coulda had a lucky eagle
still gonna hunt 'em till i gettem this year the earlier the better w00t

Played a quick 9 today, it was cold ( 31 and windy). I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were out on the course, felt good to be among other crazy people. Anyway, shot a 45, which is a record for me! ( I'm a hacker ) I hit my driver great and putted very well. Hardest part of the day was getting the tees in the frozen ground on the tee boxes.
My goal this year is to play a round of 90...

Played a quick 9 today, it was cold ( 31 and windy). I was pleasantly surprised at how many people were out on the course, felt good to be among other crazy people. Anyway, shot a 45, which is a record for me! ( I'm a hacker ) I hit my driver great and putted very well. Hardest part of the day was getting the tees in the frozen ground on the tee boxes.
My goal this year is to play a round of 90...

LOL, I had the same issue today. Darn ground was frozen on most of the tee boxes. I found myself trying to balance a broken tee and ball most of the time. I had issues holding the greens because they were so hard too. I had 135 into the 18 green, hit my 9I and it went way up, hit the right side of the green and went about 50' into the air and off the back of the green. Got up there and the green was frozen and I could hear ice as I walked. Thats serious.

Shot 87 in humid wet conditions :) broke 90 on my first round for the year, now i have to change the goal to breaking 90 consistantly

LOL, I had the same issue today. Darn ground was frozen on most of the tee boxes. I found myself trying to balance a broken tee and ball most of the time. I had issues holding the greens because they were so hard too. I had 135 into the 18 green, hit my 9I and it went way up, hit the right side of the green and went about 50' into the air and off the back of the green. Got up there and the green was frozen and I could hear ice as I walked. Thats serious.

That is serious ! I forgot to mention the frozen greens and them not holding, that was fun too :smirk:

Played at Mamala Bay here on the island of Oahu today. Decided to tee up on the blues today and shot a half satisfying 46/51.

52/49
today was not good
my clubs musta been quacking cuz it was duck hook city off the teebox
it was freezing so i clubbed up most of the time which was a big big mistake... every gir i should have gotten ended up behind the green in some deep stuff if not in the water
putting was killing me today... i lipped out of 4 holes with authority

great shots on a normal day ended up horrendous today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back