THP Dinner - 2011 Outing & Demo Day

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For those that were at the last outing, you obviously know the drill. Those that are new to the THP Outing world, or curious about what it is all about, the THP Dinner is hosted on Saturday night of our outing. It is a banquet dinner full of contests and great food as well as wonderful company. A chance for people to take off the golf clothes and put on some going out clothes. It is a gift from GG and myself and everybody else at THP for making the trip down to our outing and is our favorite part of the weekend.

Here are some pictures from last year.

1015887349_B62U5-M.jpg

1015883446_5La7w-M.jpg

1015877230_J8ins-M.jpg

1015875704_6j4yW-M.jpg

1015898879_an5Lv-M.jpg

1015900718_5RY8j-M.jpg

Last year we had an italian feast filled with so many kinds of food and there was really something for everybody. To accompany that we had a full bar and a dessert table that was to die for. This year we want to hear from you on what you want to have featured. While we still will be making the ultimate decision here and cost is always a factor, we want to hear what you would like to see there.

Give us some suggestions on what you like. Give us some things that you liked from last year or you want changed from last year (keep the contests separate from this thread). As we are getting closer to filling up, we have to make these decisions fairly soon. Thanks everybody.

EDIT: The dinner menu has been set and THP is proud to unveil what will be served at the THP Banquet Dinner at the 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day.

Okeechobee Ranch BBQ

Salads
Cobb Salad of Chopped Chicken, Bacon, Eggs, Tomatoes Avocado and Bleu
Creamy Roquefort Dressing
Traditional Macaroni Salad
Fingerling Potato Salad

Bread
Corn Bread, Biscuits & Rolls

Main Courses
Rotisserie Chicken with Lemon Pepper
Grilled Andouille and Italian Sausages, Caramelized Onions and Peppers
Pulled Pork, Buns on the Side
Barbecue Pork Spareribs

Side Dishes
Ranch Baked Beans
Baked Stuffed Potatoes
Green Beans Slow Cooked with Tasso

Desserts
Individual Key Lime Tarts
Fresh Fruit, Berries & Chocolate Fondue, Whipped Cream
Decadent Belgium Chocolate Cake
Mud Pie

Beverages
Freshly Brewed Coffee and Herbal Tea
Soft Drinks
Full Liquor Bar *

* The THP dinner is our gift to the attendees, however we limit that at food and soft drinks. If beer, wine and/or liquor are preferred, then that is at the cost (including gratuity) of the participants

Last edited:
one thing i would like to see differently is the lighting. i thought it was a little dark in there. i really liked the food and if i was going to nominate anything for a dinner it would be BBQ, but i'm a southerner, that's how we roll.

Last year's dinner was sooooo delicious it's going to be hard to top. Maybe some baked chicken, veggies, and sweet potatoe pie.

one thing i would like to see differently is the lighting. i thought it was a little dark in there. i really liked the food and if i was going to nominate anything for a dinner it would be BBQ, but i'm a southerner, that's how we roll.

+1 and some bibs and wet naps.

The food at the last Outing was terrific!! It will be definitely hard to top, but I'm sure you guys will find a way!!

I'm always quite partial to pizza, so what about a sort of pizza buffet? Have all sorts of different kinds and types of pizza. Different crusts, cheese bread and bread sticks with dipping sauces and all varieties of pizza. Basically you name it and it's there. Just my thoughts though.

I am voting for BBQ and all the fixns. Or pehaps some type of baked/grilled chicken, veggies, baked potatoe.

Three for bbq pork, its a southern take over! Yall bring your heart pills and AED's.

I get my posting on the run

I vote for the BBQ idea. You could maybe even offer a couple of different type of BBQ items, like pork, chicken and ribs.

What is typical food for Florida? Having never been there (don't know if I will get there as have not heard from Renee) I would like try some of this "Southern hospitality" I see on American TV shows. Isn't Boo Weekley from Florida? He talks about fried chicken and stuff.

Same as us TT
What is typical food for Florida? Having never been there (don't know if I will get there as have not heard from Renee) I would like try some of this "Southern hospitality" I see on American TV shows. Isn't Boo Weekley from Florida? He talks about fried chicken and stuff.

Last years meal was awesome, italian is always a great choice and I personally would have no problem if it were repeated this year. I like TC's idea of a BBQ and if I were to add to it I might suggest to incorporate a picnic theme that could be set up from simple and basic to extravogant depending on budget and persons taste.

I like all types of food. No special requests from clam. I'd be happy with a tin of porch meat and a moon pie for dessert.

Agreed on the lighting, at least for when we are doing the contests. I am open to just about anything when it comes to food. I think the Italian theme was great last time. Whatever you choose, I would like to see some healthy options included. Not for me, but for Erica. She's a health nut :)

FL's food is a blend of wonderful seafood from the gulf, latin food, and everything in between.

As for the 2nd part, maybe a phone call to her is in order.

I'm gonna be happy with whatever! If seafood is the route, I'm not the biggest fan but if there were a chicken option that'd be great. I'm not really picky. In fact the only request I have is...

Canolis.

I am going to post in the outing thread as well but I just sent an email to Renee asking for an updated list of everyone she has received a CCA form from. As soon as I get that list I will let you know and if you want to know if you are on there then you can PM me. So, I don't have anything yet but I will let you know once I do.

Unfortunately I like almost all foods...that's why you're reading about me on a diet in the 5-10-15 thread! You can't go wrong pleasing Ole' Gray and me with any type of food, especially desserts! I need to stop looking at that dessert table. OMG, they were so scrumptious!

If you had the exact same food as last time, I would be perfectly pleased. I would love to have some good ole southern food for those not acquainted with it. I would love to have that fish dish that was there last time. I loved that stuff! Maybe a little surf and turf? I love all foods, so I will be happy with anything (which is always a terrible answer to a question about eating).

+1 on the lights. I thought the food was very good last time and Im sure whatever is on the menu this time will be equally as good. BUT all you guys that are asking for BBQ do you expect to get good BBQ from a FL resort?? lol come on now.

But I love me some pulled pork. Anyone can make that, ;)

+1 on the lights. I thought the food was very good last time and Im sure whatever is on the menu this time will be equally as good. BUT all you guys that are asking for BBQ do you expect to get good BBQ from a FL resort?? lol come on now.

But I love me some pulled pork. Anyone can make that, ;)

Just like you can't get good Mexican food here either right? i think we heard that one before. hehe

Going into this one, I am sure people thought you can't get good Italian food from a FL resort. Or that Grilled Cheese could not possibly be that good. Truth be told, upscale resorts have incredible chefs and they can make just about anything.

The food at the dinner last year was fantastic. There wasn't one thing that I didn't like. To echo what SethO said, if you kept it the same I would be pleased. BBQ would be a good option. I love seafood as well so if there was more of that, I would be good. I'm sure whatever is on the menu will taste good. There wasn't one thing I ate at the resort last year that I didn't like. As for the lighting, I would make it a little brighter during the wheel of destiny part. Also having the bar in the room was nice, although I think I remember people walking down the hall to the ibar to pay for drinks because you would get 2 for 1 there. Not sure if they can give 2 for 1 in the banquet room or not, but that would be a plus.

I think CG13 should be allowed to make the menu. Have you seen what he puts in the whats for dinner thread!

I think CG13 should be allowed to make the menu. Have you seen what he puts in the whats for dinner thread!

That would be great if money was no object. Unfortunately it is for us. Serving dinner and renting a banquet room for 50 people plus servers, bartenders, etc... can get quite costly. Plus the 18% gratuity of course.

However it is our way of giving back to the people at THP that make the trip down to the outing and a really special event for us.

That would be great if money was no object. Unfortunately it is for us. Serving dinner and renting a banquet room for 50 people plus servers, bartenders, etc... can get quite costly. Plus the 18% gratuity of course.
However it is our way of giving back to the people at THP that make the trip down to the outing and a really special event for us.

whats this gra-tooittuy stuff you keep talking about?

I would love to see some sort of a seafood spread. I live in the mountains where all I can get is BBQ and southern food. But, I can also eat anything so I am not picky. whats best for all is what I will eat.

I know. His meals just look amazing though. Chicken cordon bleu is always a favorite at most dinner weddings I have been to.

Back