Where do You Want to Play this Year?

My brother in law lives in the Springs and took me to play there last summer Great Great Course

I enjoy that course; lived in the springs for a stint and was able to play broadmoor a couple times.

The General in Galena, IL
Champion Course at PGA National
TPC Deere Run
Somewhere in Chicago area, but haven't decided where.

Plenty of great places to play. It is a midwest paradise!

Plenty of great places to play. It is a midwest paradise!

I will be talking to you before I make the journey east ;) I was thinking Cog Hill, but that's because it's one of the few course I know by name over there.

I will be talking to you before I make the journey east ;) I was thinking Cog Hill, but that's because it's one of the few course I know by name over there.

If you are thinking about doing Cog, consider doing Dubsdred a couple days after the BMW so that you can play in tournament conditions with all the grandstands up an everything. It is a blast!

Oh... and I still want to make my way west to hit up one of the courses in your neck of the woods.

If you are thinking about doing Cog, consider doing Dubsdred a couple days after the BMW so that you can play in tournament conditions with all the grandstands up an everything. It is a blast!

Oh... and I still want to make my way west to hit up one of the courses in your neck of the woods.

Let me know. I have a gift card for TPC that is burning a hole in my pocket. It was a real fun time in October. I felt like I went to the beach since I was in the sand all day, but it was in great condition.

I really hope to get out to Blackwolf Run this year. I have never been and I want to really see that course. Hopefully it opens back up. Either that or Erin Hills.

I am on th e same page, I would like to get out to either of those this year.

Is it bad that I already have my two special trips for next year planned? hehe

THP Outing
Limestone Springs

This year, I want to play Pasatiempo Golf Club: http://www.pasatiempo.com/web/.

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it happen.

Oops, and Half Moon Bay Golf Links...

Last edited:
Have some superb golfing coming up this year. I know that I will certainly be playing Kingsbarns; Brora; Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart; Tain; Boat of Garten; Carnoustie (all 3 courses); St Andrews (New); Leven Links; and Gullane (No 2 & 3). Hoping to also get out to Muirfield and St Andrews (Old) too!

The best bit is some of that golf will be work related so no loss of holiday entitlement either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That is a list. I wish I lived in Scotland... Wait, nevermind, not enough golf carts...
Have some superb golfing coming up this year. I know that I will certainly be playing Kingsbarns; Brora; Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart; Tain; Boat of Garten; Carnoustie (all 3 courses); St Andrews (New); Leven Links; and Gullane (No 2 & 3). Hoping to also get out to Muirfield and St Andrews (Old) too!

The best bit is some of that golf will be work related so no loss of holiday entitlement either!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lucky enough to get to play at TPC river highlands (host the Travelers Championship) this summer. Also planning a trip to Ireland for the end of the summer...still up in the air as to where we're going to be playing but definitely looking forward to just about any golf across the pond.

Hoping to play Bethpage this year. If I could play Winged Foot, I wouldn't complain about that either. haha

Sherman Hills in Florida (friend is the superintendant)
Normanside CC
Western Turnpike GC
Thunderhart CC

Chambers Bay, Santa Barbara-anywhere, Vegas-anywhere

Definitely playing Primm Valley again this year (both Lakes & Desert courses). Would also like to play Wolf Creek in Mesquite.

Sawgrass is only worth to play around the Players and it's overpriced even then. There some good prices during the summer but they aerate monthly and I'm not paying that much to play that or when it's $300+ in good shape for 2 memorable holes.

Exactly. Tons of courses just as good if not better and you can play them and buy a new club afterwards for the price of Sawgrass.

There's infinite courses I would like to play but a few that I'm actually going to play this year are Old Corkscrew, Black Diamond, Southern Hills, and Old Memorial.

I plan on playing Bandon sometime this year. Maybe after the outing and after I have purchased some new clubs!

Definitely playing Primm Valley again this year (both Lakes & Desert courses). Would also like to play Wolf Creek in Mesquite.

Haven't made it to Primm Valley yet, but Wolfs Creek is fantastic!

st. andrews (old) is on my to do list. this year i'm going to play Doonbeg and Lahinch both in the west of ireland both really testing courses for any golfer

Back