Solheim Cup Killeen Castle, Ireland Sept. 23-25

LPGA Hana Bank Championship (Korea) Oct. 6-9

Sime Darby LPGA Malayasia Oct. 14-16

LPGA Taiwan Championship Oct. 20-23

Mizuno Classic (Japan) Nov. 4-6

Lorena Ochoa Invitational (Mexico) Nov. 10-13

Titleholders Nov. 17-20

• Admin
Anybody else see a problem with the bolded section?

I will probably go to the Wegmans PGA.

I think they are too close together.

At least they aren't in consecutive weeks, like the Champions Tour does with their majors. Of course, the Champions Tour has 5 "majors", so they are screwed up anyways.

What? You're telling me that professional athletes can't handle 3 majors in the span of one month? Give me a break! :D

That does seem rather stupid. Very stupid in fact. Someone dropped the ball. Seriously.

PS, love the new avatar GG!!

I might check out the tres marias tourney in acapulco

So the end of June and the month of July should be pretty exciting. Hmmmmm.

What? You're telling me that professional athletes can't handle 3 majors in the span of one month? Give me a break! :D

That does seem rather stupid. Very stupid in fact. Someone dropped the ball. Seriously.

PS, love the new avatar GG!!

Thanks!

I might check out the tres marias tourney in acapulco

I bet that will be a lot of fun. It has always been Lorena's event so even if she isn't playing I bet she is still there.

So the end of June and the month of July should be pretty exciting. Hmmmmm.

Totally off topic, but July is an awesome month...it's the birthday month of both me and JB. But having three majors during that time should be pretty fun too.

RR Donnelley Founders Cup March 17-20

That's going to be at Wildfire Golf Club in north Scottsdale. I may try to get out for a day of that... you know... if any of the golfers show up to play for free.

This schedule is a disappointment - both for the players and for the US fans. With so many of the events so far afield - How are these players going to make some decent money? How is the fan base going to grow? Nuts! Can you tell I'm not happy? Also the non US events are likely to be televised as tape delayed. Ugh! It's a sign of the times, I guess.

In March, we'll head to Socal for the Kia and the Kraft. Likely, I'll post from there.

The chairman of the LPGA said they have an "Asian Swing" like the gentleman have a West Coast Swing or the Florida Swing; I think it's crazy, but you have to go where the money is I guess. I am looking forward to the US Open (it's being played in Colorado, and we hardly get any golf action here, sans last years Champions event and the International which was a joke.).

LPGA to schedule 2011 event with no prize money. All winnings will go to charity.
What B.S. "making" players donate. "Fake" money will count towards money standings. So, most players who can't afford not to play will still have to play to help with maintaining ranking.

2011 Schedule
DATES........... Tournament Name........................Prize Money.City / State / Country Venue
Feb. 17-20......Honda LPGA Thailand....................$1,450,000..Chonburi, Thailand, Pattaya Old Course
Feb. 24-27......HSBC Women’s Champions.............$1,400,000..Singapore Tanah Merah CC, Garden Course
March 18-20....RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup.....................Phoenix, Arizona Wildfire GC

http://steveelling.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6267041/26885015

ORLANDO, Fla. -- This is taking the notion of a free-for-all to new heights.

Or, depending on your personal view and financial standing, new depths.

The LPGA finally unveiled its 2011 schedule on Thursday and it includes 25 official events. Twenty-four of them will actually have purses that don’t use Monopoly money.

In a national conference call, second-year LPGA Commissioner Mike Whan explained the somewhat heretical notion of staging an event in Phoenix in March at which players must play for free, with all the usual payday proceeds being redirected to a joint LPGA and USGA girls' program designed to grow the game.

We'll pause for a moment while your eyebrows rise to meet your hairline.

F-f-f-free? Professional golfers raking it around as those who miss the cut leave with the same jack as the winner? He called it a "mock purse," although mocked is perhaps more like it.

"I have no concerns about the quality of the field in Phoenix," he said.

At the event, called the LPGA Founders Cup, earnings will be credited to a player's money-list total in number only.

Whan, who never lacks for enthusiasm, said the proposal to play for free and to donate the purse to charity was met with a standing ovation when the idea was first broached with players last summer.

He characterized the tournament as a chance to honor the efforts of the original LPGA founders and to "pay it forward" to the next generation.

The LPGA schedule is so F'ed up. I bet their travel expenses for 24 events is more than a PGA tour player who enters 30 events.

Yeah, that is pretty stupid. I could understand if the money did not count towards the standings, that way well off, successful players could do a little giving back, but this is just odd.

Back