2011 THP Demo Day Thread

Good thing this has it's own separate day. With all the buzz with just the new TM stuff, can you imagine what else is in store that we haven't even heard about or seen yet? I expect that after the PGA Show at the end of the month that the possibilties for equipment to demo at the Demo Day/Outing is going to explode.

I'm interested to see how the whole demo day works out. I know last time I was tired of swinging after a couple of hours. I like how it's broken up a little bit throughout the day and that there will be contests throughout. I think it's going to be a blast.

Exactly. I didn't do a ton of hitting at the last one as I was getting used to the 2.0 irons so I'm looking forward to this being a 'me' day. If I want to hit in the morning, I can. Wait until the afternoon? No prob. I like options and choices.
I'm interested to see how the whole demo day works out. I know last time I was tired of swinging after a couple of hours. I like how it's broken up a little bit throughout the day and that there will be contests throughout. I think it's going to be a blast.

EDIT: my hitting time will be determined by what duties I will be doing with the set up process, etc with my fellow THP staff members

Exactly. I didn't do a ton of hitting at the last one as I was getting used to the 2.0 irons so I'm looking forward to this being a 'me' day. If I want to hit in the morning, I can. Wait until the afternoon? No prob. I like options and choices.

I think I will be part of the morning range practice group this time around.

I thought morning was drivers and hybrids and afternoon was putters and wedges? Did that change and I missed it? Can you go to either morning or afternoon and hit all clubs?

I thought morning was drivers and hybrids and afternoon was putters and wedges? Did that change and I missed it? Can you go to either morning or afternoon and hit all clubs?

this is what I am hoping for

The demo day is still broken down by times of day. People can come and go as they please of course, but not all clubs will be out at all times.

The demo day is still broken down by times of day. People can come and go as they please of course, but not all clubs will be out at all times.

ok thanks for the clarification , that was what I had thought

I would like to see the new Bettinardi putters there, especially the 50 cal. hehe

updating my orig post:

Im interested in a new driver for 2011 as well as a shaft, anyone familiar with the miyazaki's offer advice on fitting? How will i know what fits me best? Anyone willing to help me ill gladly pay for lunch/beers etc!!

Im stoked to try the new srixon driver, would love to hit those titleist drivers. This new r11 driver will of course require a few swings.

Very intrigued by the cleveland line of drivers and of course a mashie. Man i cannot wait to hit that mashie. And even try the diff shafts.

Dying to hit he burner 2.0's, JPX 800 pro's again. Would like to see the cg-16 irons. And even interested in trying some of those forged MP lines of mizunos. See if i can feel a diff :)

Wedges: those eidolon's sound neat - never even seen one - so def like to see those. the cg-16 wedges - the mizuno MPT-11 wedges too sound cool.

I cant think of anything really unique that hasnt been requested though, thanks for asking. This is gonna be so cool!

CG- You will be able to get a spot on the monitor and there will be people that can help you find a shaft. The nice thing is that you'll have numbers and get to see the ball at the same time.

As I watch it snow here this morning it gets me even more excited for sunny Fla. and a day of testing equipment. I couldn't make it last year, but the more you guys talk this demo day up it sounds like the perfect day before the perfect weekend! It can't be come soon enough for me!!

For those of you that are new to the Outing this year, make sure to ask if you want to see it! JB and GG will do literally EVERYTHING in their power to make it happen for you.

As I watch it snow here this morning it gets me even more excited for sunny Fla. and a day of testing equipment. I couldn't make it last year, but the more you guys talk this demo day up it sounds like the perfect day before the perfect weekend! It can't be come soon enough for me!!

The demo day is like being in fantasy land so be prepared to pace yourself. Personally I am going to be focusing on my "Hot List" of clubs. Going around randomly firing away is fun but you can exhaust yourself, not to mention missing some of the really cool items out there.
Having a game plan is the ticket :thumb:

For those of you that are new to the Outing this year, make sure to ask if you want to see it! JB and GG will do literally EVERYTHING in their power to make it happen for you.

And if you ask most likely it will be there. Its like "Range of Dreams" ask and it will show up.

Ok Hawk......here's my wish list.
1) I really want to hit a 14* R11 3W and compare with a 15.5* R11 3W to see if there is a usable amount of distance gained.
2) Get my Miyazaki flex code figured out and try those in the R11 line if possible.
3) Try some wedges by Eidolon and compare them with a few others. They really seem to have a good idea with the V-sole.

Last edited:
Is there anyway somebody (JB) can give a link to the Fall Outing line up? I just searched for awhile and could not find it. Stupid work filters block the advanced search feature.

as I can't make it to the actual outing i'll have to live vicariously through all you lucky people.

I'd love to see some of your reviews/thoughts on all the new fairway woods. Including, but not limited to:

Nike VR-Pro
Titleist 910's
Cleveland FL Ultralite
Callaway RAZR/Octane
TMAG R11/Superfast 2.0
Adams fairway with the velocity slot (forgot what its called)

Would it be possible to get some C. Kua hybrid shafts fitted with a FCT sleeve so they can be tried in the Rescue 11 for those of us silly enough to dream of that combination?

umm, can i reiterate how much i'd like to see everything that's white from Taylormade at the outing?

Agreed on that. I would really love to see a 4W or higher lofted 3W to see how they work for my slower swing.

Agreed on that. I would really love to see a 4W or higher lofted 3W to see how they work for my slower swing.

we'll just take one of everything in their 2011 lineup, lol

Back