difference between balls

the boss

golf addict help me!!
Reaction score
Handicap
i ordered some bridgestones e6 balls from ebay when they arrived there was some e7 balls in there too. i sent a email to say i was after the e6 balls not e7. theyhave gave me the choice to either send them back at there cost or try them out. so my question is whats the difference between the 2?

e6 balls are designed to reduce sidespin for straighter shots. e7 balls are designed to produce lower ball flight, I believe by reducing backspin. So e7s would be a useful ball if you struggle with hitting it too high, especially your driver. e6 is one of the most popular balls because it helps control slicing and hooking. If you hit a really high ball, the e7 might help you get more distance. Otherwise, it might be best to return it.

e6 balls are designed to reduce sidespin for straighter shots. e7 balls are designed to produce lower ball flight, I believe by reducing backspin. So e7s would be a useful ball if you struggle with hitting it too high, especially your driver. e6 is one of the most popular balls because it helps control slicing and hooking. If you hit a really high ball, the e7 might help you get more distance. Otherwise, it might be best to return it.

I think there's a difference in the dimple pattern too.
BTW: How do the balls differentiate between sidespin and backspin? I'm not trying to be sarcastic I'm honestly been stumped by this.

You understand topspin and backspin? Sidespin is 90 degrees from that. Sidespin spins like a top. That causes the ball to curve either left or right depending on the direction of spin.

You understand topspin and backspin? Sidespin is 90 degrees from that. Sidespin spins like a top. That causes the ball to curve either left or right depending on the direction of spin.

I think his question is, "how does the ball resist sidespin as opposed to backspin".

I think there's a difference in the dimple pattern too.
BTW: How do the balls differentiate between sidespin and backspin? I'm not trying to be sarcastic I'm honestly been stumped by this.

I don't know how it works, but the e6's inner layer is apparently "anti-sidespin" material. Maybe it reacts a little differently when not hit squarely. I've never used the ball but based on several reviews and people's posts on here, it seems to work pretty well. The e7 reduces spin in general, so that would include side spin.

I'm with SNAP HOOK, I understand the dynamics of sidespin and top spin when the ball is struck but how can one ball affect side spin and another back spin when a ball is a sphere and it has no set axis??

i ordered some bridgestones e6 balls from ebay when they arrived there was some e7 balls in there too. i sent a email to say i was after the e6 balls not e7. theyhave gave me the choice to either send them back at there cost or try them out. so my question is whats the difference between the 2?

Send them back, you bought E6's not E7's.... When I get some balls of ebay I usually stick with Knetgolf. You always get what you order

ive counted how many was wrong 24 e7s and 16 e6s the e7s are going back

ive counted how many was wrong 24 e7s and 16 e6s the e7s are going back
Good call, they should provide what they committed to

lol in saying that im now intrigued into how they play? im worse than a kid

I've been putting this off and I'm sort of in the dark on Bridgestone balls, but I hear nothing but good things about them and I'm wanting to get ball fit. Where is the best place to do so?

I've been putting this off and I'm sort of in the dark on Bridgestone balls, but I hear nothing but good things about them and I'm wanting to get ball fit. Where is the best place to do so?

You can take the online ball fitting right now. Just click the banner at the top of the page. The link also takes you to their site and where you can find their locations and times for in person ball fittings.

well, ole gray prefers to keep his balls warm whereas others prefer to let them fend for themselves, i know i do, lol

the e6 is a great ball imo, and it's a ball that i would highly recommend to a beginner like yourself. it's by no means a cure-all but it can help, and it's a great way to take advantage of technology in order to help our golf game. perhaps you should click on that monstrous Bridgestone ad at the top of this page and go through a ball fitting with a bridgestone technician. it's definitely worth the time.

Let us know what they fit you with.

Another thread title that makes me LOL when I see it. But back to on topic, at least you got all Bridgestone balls and not some crappy Titleist balls mixed in haha

You can take the online ball fitting right now. Just click the banner at the top of the page. The link also takes you to their site and where you can find their locations and times for in person ball fittings.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

i was only asking if they played the same incase i needed a doctor.

If it last for longer then 4 hours, call your friends and brag.

I hope Ole Gray doesn't see this thread!

I hope Ole Gray doesn't see this thread!

lmao yeah we derailed this one pretty fast. I think it was my fault too haha. Damn thread titles get me every time lol

Back