Burner 2.0 "B" version

Mustng5

Reaction score
Handicap
Saw some pics of Camillos bag, he is definitely gaming these but his look distinctly different....anyone know anything?

Any pics you can post?

I saw a picture of them on another site. They are either a satin or satin/polished finish and appear to be slimmer in both sole and topline. They almost look like tour burners with 2.0 badges.

I saw those floating around the internet too. Pretty looking club but I know nothing.

There's another site? hehe Is it possible that TM would customize the 2.0's for a player and make them more like a blade then?
I saw a picture of them on another site. They are either a satin or satin/polished finish and appear to be slimmer in both sole and topline. They almost look like tour burners with 2.0 badges.

I heard something coming out called the Taylormade 2.0 TP irons which would probably offer stiffer shafts and maybe less of a cavity. But then again come to think about it isn't that just what the new 2011 TPMB, TPCB, and TPMC do....

They have always made B version irons of almost every GI iron they have ever made. It is their way to promote the products through a player on tour. There are always a select few out there that have their "tour used" fetishes, but for the most part, they are just a different iron.

What percent of touring pros use cavity back irons these days ?

What percent of touring pros use cavity back irons these days ?

Funny you ask, because I just got the stat from the Fall series 2010. 72.7%

wow that's higher than I imagined. almost 3 out of every 4? amateurs using blades must not be as serious golfers as the pros then.....
Funny you ask, because I just got the stat from the Fall series 2010. 72.7%

wow that's higher than I imagined. almost 3 out of every 4? amateurs using blades must not be as serious golfers as the pros then.....

If you read our Spring issue of the magazine, a famous club designer talks about this very thing and why most pros have moved towards perimeter weighted clubs.

were the numbers that high earlier in the year or has the shift just gradually gone up towards cavity backs?
If you read our Spring issue of the magazine, a famous club designer talks about this very thing and why most pros have moved towards perimeter weighted clubs.

3 out of every 4 amateurs (or more) who are using blades shouldn't be.

were the numbers that high earlier in the year or has the shift just gradually gone up towards cavity backs?

I dont have an answer to that. Only have hard data on the Fall Series of events.

Ill agree. I need to make the switch

I should as well, but I have a feeling that I will have to grow into my irons. That is what I get for buying 'player's' irons the day my swing was on.

I dont have an answer to that. Only have hard data on the Fall Series of events.

Thanks for the numbers JB. I was a little surprised to see it over 50% but I guess when you have guys like Bubba, DJ, and Garrigus bombing it like they are it makes sense that they are trending in that direction.

Another reason may be that the younger guys on the tour grew up with a completely different set of equipment options as they were first learning the game.

I still cannot get over seeing a set of G15s in KJ Choi's bag but more and more I am avoiding hitting the Burner 2.0s as I am afraid I will fall for them.

I guess to me, if it works then I wouldnt care if it was a rake or shovel...hehe

Is there a place to still order the THP magazine from last spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a place to still order the THP magazine from last spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sold out rather quickly.

3 out of every 4 amateurs (or more) who are using blades shouldn't be.

+1, What is it with the some golf forum members and their need to bag blades? Don't get me wrong everybody should swing them just to see what guys were playing with back in the late 70's but give me a break.

Is there really any honest performance difference between a good player's cavity and a blade? Other than the PC is easier to hit?

Back