Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun times duey. I had enough here, I'd have hated getting that much!

Fun times duey. I had enough here, I'd have hated getting that much!

Actually I think 4 or 5" is worst than getting 10 to 12 like we ended up with, or more. I hate dealing with those smaller snows, everyone still goes to WalMart, school traffics still out there and the city don't bother to blade most streets.

Heck, they had our street done by 10AM this time, haha.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

It's still coming down here, no school tomorrow for the kids. I shoveled the drive 2x's today, shooting for just once tomorrow.

It's still coming down here, no school tomorrow for the kids. I shoveled the drive 2x's today, shooting for just once tomorrow.

Two times here as well MO. None tomorrow, I'm leaving at 8 AM. Wife has 4WD so she'll be OK. I think it's still coming down here too.

===== QUOTE Smallville ====

Two times here as well MO. None tomorrow, I'm leaving at 8 AM. Wife has 4WD so she'll be OK. I think it's still coming down here too.

===== /QUOTE ====

Have a safe trip, they should have the roads cleared by then.

Yes, watch the other drivers, the further South you go the less they practice on this stuff.

Well we have hit the teens here in Texas and im not happy about it. 24* with 15mph winds which according to weather makes it actually 15*. Suppose to drop a few more degrees tonight, hopefully it won't get to single digits. Way to cold for this Texan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we have hit the teens here in Texas and im not happy about it. 24* with 15mph winds which according to weather makes it actually 15*. Suppose to drop a few more degrees tonight, hopefully it won't get to single digits. Way to cold for this Texan.

That's pretty darn cold for down there. My sis is wanting me to come visit and I'm like no thanks, lol. Althought were looking at wind chills tonight of -30f below.

weathermen here are always wrong
ive been waiting on the snow/wintery mix for 2 days now... even bought a snow shovel and rock salt
nothing! and its too cold to play

High of 66 today and sunny! Perfect golfing day!!

IMG00098-20110112-1103.jpg

this is my hell. That table had no snow on it last night.

Got down to 25* here in Baton ROuge last night. Clear and sunny today but high temp. of 44*.....that's cold for us Southerners!!!

Thats crazy mhuelsman, how much did you get? We ended up with a foot, but I'd say you have much more than that.

we've already gotten at least 16in so far and its not supposed to stop until 7pm tonight.

edit: i'll be sure to measure it once I get motivated to shovel it all away.

we've already gotten at least 16in so far and its not supposed to stop until 7pm tonight.

edit: i'll be sure to measure it once I get motivated to shovel it all away.

Our's really wasn't too bad, it was really light and fluffy, but with these winds it keeps moving around. I shovel the drive and walks three times the first day and once a day since, lol.

Here's a video of what the young guys and gals at our course were doing yesterday. Georgia has been iced over for days! The sky is bright blue today and it is finally melting.

i think its private?

Kentucky is cold and frozen and will be this way for a couple of days...hopefully soon we can get a warm day where I can try out my new R9 460!

i think its private?

You're right Russ, didn't realize it cuz I was logged into FB at the time and it played on my computer. I deleted the post.

man i wanted to see it too... were they playing snow golf with black golfballs?

To Whom It May Concern:

I am not entirely sure why you felt it necessary to pick up my town, Raleigh, NC and move it 700 miles north. But I'm sick of your weather. Kindly return me to my correct geographical area!

Sincerely,
mdbuschsr

PS, this winter SUCKS!

We have received a bit more snow over the last couple of days. There isn't much lying but the flooding that it has caused has resulted in most of the courses, including the traditional links, being closed. Not fun at all!

ended up with 24in of snow today. Just got done shoveling, had to take 3 passes at the same spot just to find the driveway. Craziest thing happened though - a morning dove was buried about 14in down and had carved itself a little pocket in the snow! Scared the living daylights out of my old man, cant imagine how long it had been down there.

So now that we've gotten an entire winters worth of snow in one day...can it be spring now???

it is brutally cold out today but the sun is out and im going to go play... wind chill is supposed to be high 20s

Supposed to hit 50 here on Sunday. Here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back