steoates

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello guys - this is my first post :)

I've been looking at the new razor hawk stuff and I've not seen an I-mix logo so far.. do you know if Callaway is going to continue using this on its future clubs?

I've got a FT9 and quite a few shafts and id love to just upgrade the head :)

cheers.
Ste.

Welcome to THP! While I don't have a certain answer for you it looks to me like it won't happen in 2011 since the Razr Hawk looks like a replacement for the FT line... maybe someone will have some more info!

I have read that Callaway is no longer doing IMIX for the consumer. IMIX will be for fittings only. This is not insider info though so I don't know if that is definitely true.

Im not positive either but it looks dead. I think they just wanted to sell a few more stale clubs and did this to bump the sales up.

Welcome!

Everything I've heard from just about everyone except a Callaway employee directly is that I-Mix is dead for the retail consumer. Completely predictably, tons of fitting-cart-only I-Mix heads start appearing on eBay for high prices. I'm on the hunt for a 10.5* Octane head, even though the sole design makes me choke a little.

What? They are dropping the I-Mix? Why? Is there something about the technology that is not working out like the OEM's planned?

I find it really strange that all the big OEM's start producing this great adjustable tech, then do everything they can to block people from trying to actually take advantage of it.

Want to buy an adapter to try your own shafts? Forget it, no choice but to go the grey market and get one from Singapore for 40 bucks each. Why wouldn't the OEMs offer adapters? Isn;t that the whole point of this?

Want to pull your adapter and put it on another shaft? Used to be easy, but now the OEMs are using more and more plastic on the adapters to make it more likely they get ruined during a pull. Again why? The whole point was to be able to try different shafts on the same head configured the way you want.

And now Callaway is dropping the i-mix completely??

Did they all REALLY think that consumers would only buy the pre-fitted shafts from authorized retailers? Did they really think that no one would want to tinker around? It's like none of them did any consumer research about how this tech would be used. Then rather than trying to capture the market they created, they try to make it harder to use.

I LOVE the adapter tech. I hate searching on ebay for L5V adapters, but I am not going to pay triple price for a authorized dealers fitted shaft. I was actually thinking about getting an i-mix version of my FT-iZ since I like it so much, but now I am having second thoughts.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've been gaming my Callaway RAZR Hawk 10.5* i-Mix for sometime now, I have the original Razr i-Mix shaft, but decided to install an Aldila RIP Beta Green Eyes into a spare i-Mix connector.

I'm a clubmaker in OZ and one of my Direct Sales agents in USA offerred the Razr Hawk i-Mix to me and I couldn't resist.

razr_hawk_1.jpg

razr_hawk_2.jpg

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Hi,

I've been gaming my Callaway RAZR Hawk 10.5* i-Mix for sometime now, I have the original Razr i-Mix shaft, but decided to install an Aldila RIP Beta Green Eyes into a spare i-Mix connector.

I'm a clubmaker in OZ and one of my Direct Sales agents in USA offerred the Razr Hawk i-Mix to me and I couldn't resist.

razr_hawk_1.jpg

razr_hawk_2.jpg

Interesting. I had heard that it's dead too. Did you check the website for information? Or maybe call them?

RAZR Hawk and Diablo Octane I-Mix heads are available if you contact callaway preowned directly. The heads are not on the website though.

Spot on.

Pricey though, don't expect them to be the same cost as a standard head.

If you want to swap shafts with Callaway in a new style driver you might want to hold off as well unless an imix diablo or hawk is really what you want.

Octane and Hawk imix heads are showing up on ebay now for anywhere between 200 and 350 bucks. Dropping in a imix shaft at 45" when I was testing these made a world of difference. I would love to have an imix version of the Octane- but I suspect that if Callaway brings in something new for adjustability it won't be compatible with the imix system. Would be nice though!

Hi,

Callaway has stopped selling to the retail market but are still producing i-Mix heads and shafts for the fitting carts. Many of the Octane and Razr i-Mix heads are being sold by the golf retailers that have most versions available in the glued version for testing, there thinking is why should I keep the i-Mix heads.

I had the Octane 10* N i-Mix head and still have the Razr Hawk 10.5* N i-Mix but generally install custom shafts into i-Mix connectors. I've found about 45.25" still gives me an acceptable D3-D4 swingweight.

Interesting that they are only putting them on fitting carts. Wonder why they dont mass produce?

Interesting that they are only putting them on fitting carts. Wonder why they dont mass produce?

Hi,

Unfortunately the market wasn't strong enough for Callaway to produce in mass numbers, i-Mix just wasn't a big seller for them compared to the glued version.

Cheerz :D

I have heard/read they have a brand new adjustment system coming which will have more options than just switching shafts (more like what Titlest, Cobra and TM are doing). If true, I am sure that it means the i-mix compatibility completely ends with Octane/Razr models. I-mix was good, but even Cobra's simple 3-way adjustable system was much much better. I guess we will see, but I can't imagine Callaway is going to leave the adjustability market to others for very long.

I imagine we're not at the embargo date yet and I don't want to get THP in trouble so no details but you're spot on there TS.

Back