Feherty Moving To The Golf Channel

staticline

Reaction score
Handicap
Major coup by TGC, IMO. His interaction with Chamblee, Nobilo and Tillman will be very interesting.

Quick 18

13. Need a laugh? Or a lot of them? According to Golf Digest, funnyman David Feherty -- he can make Q-18 chuckle with one quick look -- will be added to The Golf Channel's lineup. He'll be on telecasts and have a show of his own. Can't wait. Can't tell you how much fun it was to sit next to him and Sam Torrance at lunch every day at the Masters a few years ago. Laughed the whole time. He's serious, too, though, especially about sobriety and his advocacy for wounded veterans.

He'll still do his CBS schedule also.

Per Golfdigest.com
KAPALUA, Hawaii -- David Feherty is adding to his on-air duties in 2011.

The long-time CBS golf broadcaster is bringing his irreverent personality to Golf Channel, sources told Golf World.

No contract details are available, but sources indicated it is a multi-year deal that might be structured by the number of days Feherty works, an arrangement similar to that by which Nick Faldo, the CBS lead analyst, appears on Golf Channel. Feherty's duties are to include both live tournament coverage as well as hosting his own show, the contents of which are not known but are sure to include his special brand of humor that has made him a popular fixture on CBS since he joined that network full time in 1997. He recently re-signed with CBS Sports and will continue on that network's live golf coverage.

A native of Northern Ireland, Feherty, 52, became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2010, and he is a tireless charitable worker on behalf of wounded U.S. service personnel

Last edited:
Very interesting! He's always a blast to listen to.

They really need him at the Golf Channel, he is always entertaining and will be an asset.

I like him. This should be interesting.

wait does this mean we're going to lose him on the regular channels? Is he no longer doing side commentary? Cuz he's the only reason why I don't mute the TV when I watch golf tourns.

Edit: Question answered.

*baffled*

wait does this mean we're going to lose him on the regular channels? Is he no longer doing side commentary? Cuz he's the only reason why I don't mute the TV when I watch golf tourns.

Edit: Question answered.

I combined the golfdigest article with the original thread.

I have always liked David & he has a different outlook on things :D

Good pick up GC :clapp:.. David will surely put some Crisco in the pan and cook up some funny stuff.

I like this!

Good pick up GC :clapp:.. David will surely put some Crisco in the pan and cook up some funny stuff.

You should join him with lines like that Gray!

That's pretty sweet for GC. He is hilarious. Add a little spice to some bland commentary.

This is great for the golf channel, after some questionable moves lately I think they have done some nice things here with "the morning drive" and now an entertaining informed host.

I love Feherty. His humor is right up my alley, I've got and read all of his books, hilarious!

Feherety is great. I love it when he is on the mike. Smartest announcer easily, and gives all the players their due respect. Miller and Faldo have never been able to hold a candle to him in the booth.

Big fan and a real nice guy when I met him at Tavistock last year.

Big fan as well. I got to walk with him a bit at the AT&T last year...he has a potty mouth when not on the air/camera.

Ill like him if he stops plugging cobra all over the damn place.

No one else is anymore, someones gotta do it! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill like him if he stops plugging cobra all over the damn place.
I've never noticed this while he is on the mike. I know he does the ads, but are you saying he plugs cobra while announcing?

hehehe. Alll the time. He calls a hybrid a baffler.

Back