TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

Im about 90% sure i will have the superfast 2.0 3w by the end of next month.

thought you were thinking of going 15.5 Mashie?

thought you were thinking of going 15.5 Mashie?

Nope, you got me confused with someone else. I said I might get the 23* mashie if the 18* works out for me. I really liked the old superfast 3w just the shaft was to weak, so this one with a stiff flex should be good to go for now, until I put a C. Kua shaft in it :alien:

Nope, you got me confused with someone else. I said I might get the 23* mashie if the 18* works out for me. I really liked the old superfast 3w just the shaft was to weak, so this one with a stiff flex should be good to go for now, until I put a C. Kua shaft in it :alien:

must have been thinking of someone else. I'm liking the 17 degree option, I went with a 17 degree Launcher 09 last year and loved it.

i like the look as well, but am afraid that it will have some of the properties that the superfast from last year had (driver only). i thought it was really loud, and hoping that this model isn't. in all honesty, i like this driver, love the fwy wood and like the hybrid, but i am far more interested in the R11.

I agree the SF sound was quite loud, but nothing compared to something like those Callaway square clubs. I like that they seem to be eliminating any difference in the normal and TP versions other than the shaft. I really liked the 2010 normal heads but the xcon 4.8 was everything that I do not look for in a driver shaft. Now seeing the HD6 is an offering has peeked my interest as it is much more to my liking although I think the kick is a little lower with a more boardy feel than an F1 probably more similar to a F3.

Im about 90% sure i will have the superfast 2.0 3w by the end of next month.

Wow, before release huh? THat is awesome.

Wow, before release huh? THat is awesome.

he's just that good haha

gppgolf.com has release as 3/11/11

I wasn't in the market for a new driver but these new sticks from TM look awesome.

I just put an Adams 9064 in the bag last month but these all look nice. I may be looking again real soon.

And my SF 3w is showing some wear. That may need a little upgrade as well.....

I like the looks of the superfast 2.0 better than the R11. Is that a removable weight in the toe of the club in the first picture?

the weight is removable.
i know a fitter who has a load of sf tp from the factory and he can swap the weight out to give you a lighter head.
think the head can get ard 194grams and 203grams.

the weight is removable.
i know a fitter who has a load of sf tp from the factory and he can swap the weight out to give you a lighter head.
think the head can get ard 194grams and 203grams.

Where the weight is located, I believe it could change the bias of the club as well.

Where the weight is located, I believe it could change the bias of the club as well.

That's quite an interesting concept, especially with only one weight slot. I wonder if the TP head (with standard weight installed) weighs the same as the regular version.

That's quite an interesting concept, especially with only one weight slot. I wonder if the TP head (with standard weight installed) weighs the same as the regular version.

It appears to. I have not put it on the scale yet, but might do that today for everybody.

I think I'm ready for today.

44cf65e5-b151-97cb.jpg

haha, yes you are. Do I see a C Kua in there?

haha, yes you are. Do I see a C Kua in there?

I knew that would be the first question. Answers coming after the round...hehe

that picture is just ridiculous! have a good time out there today.

I think I'm ready for today.

44cf65e5-b151-97cb.jpg

Man, I dont wake up early but if I had this sitting in my living room and plans to hit this today, I would be up at 4 a.m.! Have fun today, I can not wait to hear your findings.

Christmas came early! Look at that lineup. Here's to a fun day at the range, with some notes for the folks back in our offices.

Back