Cleveland Mashie Review - Testers Thread

You guys are doing a fantastic job reviewing this club. Thanks for all of the great info and keep it up!

Yeah it's definitely a beast. Tempo, tempo and more tempo haha. You can swing hard, just make sure it's in rhythm!

No doubt man. It just expired so I've got to decide on a course again haha.

For sure broski. I just love being out there. It was frustrating but I was happy to be out there. The course was beautiful and the greens were is fantastic shape. My short game was excellent! I think if I add the 15.5 Ill be in great shape for the longer par 4's. Really got me thinking about the next Mashie I'm going to get.
Yeah, the longer irons at some point need to be hit. Might as well do it with something you feel good with!

Thta says tons right there. Already thinking of the next one. Sounds to me like the Mashie is just awesome. I know others have said it, I dare say the Mashie will be the big hybrid winner this year. Well, unless you ask Golf Digest, then they would only get a sliver ranking for some crazy reason.

Thta says tons right there. Already thinking of the next one. Sounds to me like the Mashie is just awesome. I know others have said it, I dare say the Mashie will be the big hybrid winner this year. Well, unless you ask Golf Digest, then they would only get a sliver ranking for some crazy reason.

Then it will be their "suprise" winner. But it is something we already knew and was no suprise here. Either way it will be a huge hit!

Yoccos,
Thanks for the update, I am considering two mashies myself.

which ones man? 18 & 23* seems to be a popular combo here...

I am thinking that as well. However, I am curious about the 15.5 as well. I have the hibore xls hybrid 16 that I would like to compare with 15.5 mashie .

Hey Everyone,

For all of you jumping to order soon - we heard we're getting the Mashie in on February 11th. If you're interested in preordering (so that it comes in on the 11th and we'll ship it out that day or the next day), let me know with a PM. We're getting the product up on our site today. I'll give you a private THP coupon code (plus free shipping since it's over $100 - to continental US) via the PM. If you want it later, I can also get it, but there might be a slight delay if we don't have it in stock. Coupon code will still be good though.

Thanks,
Patty

Hey Everyone,

For all of you jumping to order soon - we heard we're getting the Mashie in on February 11th. If you're interested in preordering (so that it comes in on the 11th and we'll ship it out that day or the next day), let me know with a PM. We're getting the product up on our site today. I'll give you a private THP coupon code (plus free shipping since it's over $100 - to continental US) via the PM. If you want it later, I can also get it, but there might be a slight delay if we don't have it in stock. Coupon code will still be good though.

Thanks,
Patty

That is so awesome Patty! Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
Patty

Very good news!

Hopefully I can get out on friday, its been really cold here. This cold front should be gone by friday or saturday.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
Patty

wow that is a great offer, one that I may just have to take you up on! Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

Thanks,
Patty

Wow, this is great! Now I just need Miyazaki to get their uber online fitting system online so I can spec out the right shaft to order. As soon as that happens, I'll be PMing you for the coupon.

Also, nice update Yoccos and crew...

I like the fact the Mashie is butter for getting out of the rough... that's something I didn't get to try at the THP outing with it.

It's very interesting the Golf Digest rated it only Silver. (I've been deficient and have yet to read through the GD.) The rep told us that some people don't care for the old-school-look of the club either. I guess it is a bit of preference when you look down at the club. Oh - and we see a lot of picky (I don't like the look of this brand of club at address) golfers.

And much like Yoccos has reported, I've heard that the club is very consistent out of the rough as well in terms of distance.

Thanks Gentlemen for the great reviews. Did Bridges weigh in with a recent update? I was thinking I missed it... but maybe it's not up yet?

It's very interesting the Golf Digest rated it only Silver. (I've been deficient and have yet to read through the GD.) The rep told us that some people don't care for the old-school-look of the club either. I guess it is a bit of preference when you look down at the club. Oh - and we see a lot of picky (I don't like the look of this brand of club at address) golfers.

And much like Yoccos has reported, I've heard that the club is very consistent out of the rough as well in terms of distance.

Thanks Gentlemen for the great reviews. Did Bridges weigh in with a recent update? I was thinking I missed it... but maybe it's not up yet?

That was the major complaint in GD. I'm not a huge fan of the unpainted crown myself, but I know this club is a solid contender and shouldn't let a detail like that sway influence over the performance.

hmm, i love the throw back style of the head on the Mashie. it's certainly different and unique in this day and age, especially when everything else was going with all black or some wierd two tone (think VR hybrid) color. if someone doesn't hit or demo this club b/c of the coloring/finish of the head, they're an idiot.

I just pre-ordered my 15.5* from blind9. I will post my thoughts to here when I get it in mid Feb.

I just pre-ordered my 15.5* from blind9. I will post my thoughts to here when I get it in mid Feb.

that's awesome! you don't mess around bro. i'm looking forward to hearing a lot about that particular club.

that's awesome! you don't mess around bro. i'm looking forward to hearing a lot about that particular club.

Yea, I have been really frustrated with my 3w lately. I hope this will fix the issues.

hmm, i love the throw back style of the head on the Mashie. it's certainly different and unique in this day and age, especially when everything else was going with all black or some wierd two tone (think VR hybrid) color. if someone doesn't hit or demo this club b/c of the coloring/finish of the head, they're an idiot.

It definitely is unique and I wasn't saying it a bad thing, in fact I agree more clubs should be different (like the 2011 TM line for example), but the crown is not my personal cup of tea. Would that stop me from getting it? Absolutely not.

Yea, I have been really frustrated with my 3w lately. I hope this will fix the issues.

i hope it helps you as well. pretty cool of patty to extend that offer to THP'ers. i wonder how many pm's she received today, lol

i hope it helps you as well. pretty cool of patty to extend that offer to THP'ers. i wonder how many pm's she received today, lol

It is awesome of Patty to do this! It is a great deal too!

well, i had myself a nice, long range session this afternoon and i spent the bulk of it hitting the Mashie. .......

i also am getting right back into the hybrid groove. i struggled last friday with my setup solely b/c i haven't had a hybrid in play for some time now.
i must say that the Mashie really shined for me today. i won't say i have the fever yet b/c i need a few more rounds under my belt but it's easy to say that it is by far the best feeling, best sounding, best flying, and perhaps the easiest hybrid i've hit to date. i am beginning to comprehend what others meant when they said using the Mashie is "like cheating".

i'm feeling really good about this club right now and i do believe that i may have to arrange a date with myself and the mashie on the course tomorrow.

TC, you have praised your 2.0 3i to the heavens. How is it different hitting the hybrid as opposed to the 2.0 3i? I have always been told to hit the hybrid as I would an iron. I can't hit a hybrid to save my life!! I can and do hit FW okay, not great, but okay. Lessons are my first priority this new year.

It definitely is unique and I wasn't saying it a bad thing, in fact I agree more clubs should be different (like the 2011 TM line for example), but the crown is not my personal cup of tea. Would that stop me from getting it? Absolutely not.

9-Iron, up here, how do you think we'll be able to get this club properly spec'd? Do you think we're just going to have to do with whatever Golf Town has in stock? All this talk of shaft fitting kind of has me worried I'm going to be playing second fiddle when it comes time for me to potentially buy a mashie.
Or is it really as easy as choosing a stiffness?

9-Iron, up here, how do you think we'll be able to get this club properly spec'd? Do you think we're just going to have to do with whatever Golf Town has in stock? All this talk of shaft fitting kind of has me worried I'm going to be playing second fiddle when it comes time for me to potentially buy a mashie.

From my understanding, there are several different flex codes available for let a "regular" same with "stiff" etc. As to how many of these Golf Town will stock is another question. Luckily for me I guess going to the Outing I'll hopefully be able to narrow it down there by trying different ones out and then come back and get one or order the right one in if they work for me.

There will be quite the learning curve for GT when these become available as the flex codes bring a whole new dynamic to club fitting. I hope GT is up to the task. Otherwise this could be a mess for them and consumers.

What do you usually play? Reg or stiff or ??

Like G4L says here too, Miyazaki is supposed to be launching a online fitting system which will hopefully help in this regard too. Miyazaki said it should be launching in fall 2010 so hopefully it's online soon to use.

Wow, this is great! Now I just need Miyazaki to get their uber online fitting system online so I can spec out the right shaft to order. As soon as that happens, I'll be PMing you for the coupon.

Back