Miyazaki Launches Dromos

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Miyazaki is set to release their 3rd generation shaft and here are the details. Check out this link for pictures of the shaft and some information.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12010

1155542993_vPDVe-X3.jpg

1155543003_FV7Xj-X3.jpg

Nicest shaft I've ever looked at and with the love Miyazaki is getting this could be hugely popular.

Their shafts are really artistic. Another nice offering from Miyazaki.

• Admin
I am currently playing this one and have been for a couple of months now, so if there are any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

quad orthogonal bias just sounds cool! i remember you saying that it's the ingredients that make a shaft what they are, and the dromos appears to be loaded with goodness.

I think I like the artwork on the C Kua and Kusala lines better, but since this is made for adjustable drivers it goes towards the top of the list.

JB can you tell a difference between this and the kusala when you put them in an adjustable driver or is the multi-axis consistency just more marketing?

JB can we expect a review for this shaft?

I have read so much about these shafts around THP , and this International flex code .
How does a person learn what his flex code he needs ? Does one need to go and have his swing analyzed then its determined ?
I have a few places to have my swing tested ( TGW , Dick's sporting , and Golf Headquarters ) but not real trusting on these places .

• Admin
I think I like the artwork on the C Kua and Kusala lines better, but since this is made for adjustable drivers it goes towards the top of the list.

JB can you tell a difference between this and the kusala when you put them in an adjustable driver or is the multi-axis consistency just more marketing?

It is more Kusala than C. Kua to me in terms of comparison to me between the 3 miyazaki lines. As for your question, that is probably the only thing I cannot answer yet. I hope to have a few more Dromos shafts come in so I can tip them differently and put them in the same driver as a Kusala and go head to head. There is a slightly different feel in it so far, but similar. I really like it.

JB can we expect a review for this shaft?

Definitely. And I can do one better. We will have 50 people test it out at teh demo day and give their thoughts.

I have read so much about these shafts around THP , and this International flex code .
How does a person learn what his flex code he needs ? Does one need to go and have his swing analyzed then its determined ?
I have a few places to have my swing tested ( TGW , Dick's sporting , and Golf Headquarters ) but not real trusting on these places .

You can see if a fitter near you offers full shaft fitting or even better, a Miyazaki fitting. Check out their website to see if they have one in your area.

Arguably their best looking shaft to date. The pics don't do this shaft justice, it's really something you need to see in person to full appreciate the details of this shaft.

This shaft is moderately attractive. lol. rotfl. lmao.

Yeah, I couldnt say that with a straight face. Love the artwork on this shaft, sorta reminds me of a Banksy piece.

JB so there are more variations/differences you can order than just saying I want a Dromos 72 X with the IFC? Wow that means they are going to be making alot of different spec shafts. I will really have to check these out at the show. Any idea on price?

JB so there are more variations/differences you can order than just saying I want a Dromos 72 X with the IFC? Wow that means they are going to be making alot of different spec shafts. I will really have to check these out at the show. Any idea on price?

Like most of their shafts, I would venture to say that there will be quite a few different variations of each flex. The best part of Miyazaki though is that you dont just pick your flex. Its an open ended system in a way (generalizing) that if people are open minded can have the perfect fitting shaft. I watched Brian Gay go through a Miyazaki fitting and it was astonishing to see the different numbers that he was getting for his Intl Flex code compared to what he was used to hitting.

Like most of the line, I would guess price is between $275-$300 on launch.

saweeet! I know a bunch of people on here were hoping for this! Are we going to have some at the outting to test? I know its a little early to tell

Interesting, so this shaft is specifically designed for adjustable drivers. Theyre really going after all aspects of the after market shaft arena with the light shafts and now one geared towards adjustable drivers (read a better shaft for your R11)

saweeet! I know a bunch of people on here were hoping for this! Are we going to have some at the outting to test? I know its a little early to tell

1118418827_qEx8y-M.jpg

Do we expect to see the dromos in the next generation of Cleveland driver? Or is this shaft specifically for adjustable drivers only?

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Do we expect to see the dromos in the next generation of Cleveland driver? Or is this shaft specifically for adjustable drivers only?

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

I would expect them to shy away from this in the Cleveland line and keep this one for the adjustable drivers. The amazing thing to me is that we are 3 shafts in and they are all such solid performers.

Definitely. And I can do one better. We will have 50 people test it out at teh demo day and give their thoughts..

damn....busted. yes, I was skimming. But the excitement made my fingers type and post before I could read. haha. well, I am glad it will be at the outing!

I love the looks of this shaft. I'm really excited to be able try this one out as soon as possible. I love the fact it has markings on the shaft to help visualize the settings.

I'm really curious how this one performs in other adjust drivers. Can this shaft be used with a non adjustable driver? I wonder how it would perform in that case as well.

Ok question. Since I play two adjustable drivers, which is another rant all together, what about this shaft is designed for those type of drivers. I read the homepage posting, can't open the miyazaki page this morning on mobile for whatever reason and the answer is probably there :)

Ok question. Since I play two adjustable drivers, which is another rant all together, what about this shaft is designed for those type of drivers. I read the homepage posting, can't open the miyazaki page this morning on mobile for whatever reason and the answer is probably there :)

Can you see the pictures in the 1st post SW FLA? I think there are some pretty good details as to why in those.

I would expect them to shy away from this in the Cleveland line and keep this one for the adjustable drivers. The amazing thing to me is that we are 3 shafts in and they are all such solid performers.

well, i can't speak too much for the c.kua and the dromos but i know that the kusala is. do you see some sort of progression from shaft to shaft or are they inherently different?

well, i can't speak too much for the c.kua and the dromos but i know that the kusala is. do you see some sort of progression from shaft to shaft or are they inherently different?

I dont see them as an evolution of their line, but rather 3 separate shafts (which I like more).

I dont see them as an evolution of their line, but rather 3 separate shafts (which I like more).

right, so in your opinion what are the differences between the 3 lines?

Back