Brian Gay to Debut 2011 Sligo Line at Sony Open

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
3-Time PGA TOUR Winner Continues To Show Why He’s Consistently Recognized As Most Stylish Player our Tour

Widely recognized as a player who blazes his own trail when it comes to trend-setting fashion sense, Sligo tour team member Brian Gay is set to debut the company’s 2011 spring line during the Sony Open at Waialae Country Club, this week . The Sligo 2011 Spring Collection features a dazzling combination of innovative new shirt designs and eye-catching color schemes guaranteed to make golfers standout from their favorite foursomes on and off the course.

Sligo, known for its bold colors and cutting edge materials, offers 6 new shirts in the 2011 line. The new St. James, Seven, Jarvis, Scotty, Wallack and Taylor shirt styles each feature Sligo’s proprietary dye sublimation process, delivering the company’s most vivid and detailed designs yet. Not only are the 6 new shirts stunning; they’re also functional. Each design is crafted from technical polyester and offers the ultimate in moisture-wicking performance, UV protection and anti-microbial fortification. The new 4-way mechanical stretch fabric offers golfers maximum playability during the round and ensures cool comfort afterwards. For spring 2011, Sligo’s line will be anchored by 6 signature colors - Muskoka (deep blue with purple undertones), Haze (brilliant maroon), McKenna (sharp turquoise), Vegas Pink, Orange and Catalina (pure ocean blue). Each of the six colors will be the star in the lineup of new shirts, but they’ll also play a part in the new fashion-forward line of coordinating pants and shorts, as well. Each of Sligo’s proper-fitting pants and shorts styles are constructed from a proprietary blend of 96% polyester and 4% lycra and offer a straight-cut, flat front look.

“I have been with Sligo for 3 years now and those guys never cease to amaze me with the creativity and style in their designs,” said Gay. “I have worn Sligo clothes in each of my 3 PGA TOUR victories. The designs offer ultimate comfort and the new age fabrics are versatile enough to provide the protection I need in all conditions. Whether it’s the cool breeze of Harbour Town or the steamy humidity of Memphis, Sligo Wear has always delivered the comfort I need with the style I demand.”

“2011 promises to be an amazing year for Brian Gay and our brand,” said Shawn Aucoin, Sligo Wear – Director of Sales. “There is no one better than Brian for showcasing our exciting new designs to the world. Brian’s appreciation of our quality craftsmanship and his input into our ground-breaking designs has really allowed us to take our collection to a new level for 2011. We look forward to all those 18th green trophy presentations where he is decked out in Sligo gear.”

The 2011 Sligo Wear spring collection will be available at select golf specialty stores, premium on-course retailers and through the Sligo Wear online store beginning in March 2011. To view the entire 2011 spring collection of shirts, pants, shorts, outerwear, headwear and accessories visit www.sligowear.com.

I bet you cant wait to see the Wallack

love how you had to bold the wallack! can't way to see the new threads on BG this weekend. i actually hope he plays well too, he's on team tc this weekend.

Wish we had a place in town that carried Sligo gear. Hope BG has a good year. Seems like a real nice guy.

It's great to be able to watch a pro on tv and say 'I have that shirt too!' Can't wait to see what combos he comes up with.

Wow, sounds like the new collection will be awesome. I love that BG is debuting them this week. I'll be glued to the TV to see that.

Sligo definitely knows how to bring the style for the golf course. I see a pink Wallack in my future!

• Admin
I bet you cant wait to see the Wallack

love how you had to bold the wallack! can't way to see the new threads on BG this weekend. i actually hope he plays well too, he's on team tc this weekend.

Of course. Its my favorite shirt from the upcoming line so far. Heck I like all of them, but that one is just magical. I think it brings short game concentration, the ability to hit it straight off the tee, all while looking good on the course. Wait, I just described me....hehe I kid of course.

I can't wait to see all the new color combinations and how Brian uses them...

Don't forget about Nationwide Tour Grad - Justin Hicks!!! ...and Kip Henley best dressed caddy on tour, who also qualified for St Jude Classic by winning TPGA Section Pro Championship!

Some good mojo working right now for Sligo!!!

Does Sligo have rain wear? looks like that's all your gonna see for the 1st couple rounds anyway, they are really getting hit with some rain out there

Of course. Its my favorite shirt from the upcoming line so far. Heck I like all of them, but that one is just magical. I think it brings short game concentration, the ability to hit it straight off the tee, all while looking good on the course. Wait, I just described me....hehe I kid of course.

wow! that was pretty good. perhaps sligo could use that in an ad or something.

Does Sligo have rain wear? looks like that's all your gonna see for the 1st couple rounds anyway, they are really getting hit with some rain out there

yeah, and it's awesome stuff to. practical and bada** looking!

The Wallack Shirt
Confidence standing over the ball on the first tee.
Confidence in making that par saving up and down.
Confidence in being the best looking guy on the course.
And all that adds up to confidence in making your opponent weep after the round when you add up the first three.

Sligo and IQPlus bar, lol. I can't wait to see BG out there.

Don't quit your day-job JB.

I think JB would try to go pro just so he could get sponsored and get free Wallack shirts. In every color, of course.

The Wallack Shirt
Confidence standing over the ball on the first tee.
Confidence in making that par saving up and down.
Confidence in being the best looking guy on the course.
And all that adds up to confidence in making your opponent weep after the round when you add up the first three.

gawd, how did i miss this? too funny. the "make your opponent weep" plug was a bit harsh though, lol. i think this needs a motivational poster.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Sligo line on BG this week, too bad we're forced to wait 24 more hours! So far I've only see the new line in the .pdf so seeing it in either real life pics or even better, on someone in person or on TV will definitely help. No matter what the line, I'm definitely loving what Sligo has going on!

Don't quit your day-job JB.

I think JB would try to go pro just so he could get sponsored and get free Wallack shirts. In every color, of course.

This is my day job.

gawd, how did i miss this? too funny. the "make your opponent weep" plug was a bit harsh though, lol. i think this needs a motivational poster.

Done out of love.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Sligo line on BG this week, too bad we're forced to wait 24 more hours! So far I've only see the new line in the .pdf so seeing it in either real life pics or even better, on someone in person or on TV will definitely help. No matter what the line, I'm definitely loving what Sligo has going on!

Dude, you should read this website THP. They have actual pics of some of the 2011 Spring line in a thread. Its kind of amazing.

Dude, you should read this website THP. They have actual pics of some of the 2011 Spring line in a thread. Its kind of amazing.
I would love to read the website, I hear you have a great forum too. It's hard finding time sometimes. Going to look now.

I am going to be looking closely to see if BG has a Wallack on this weekend.

If you look up obsession in the dictionary, you just may find a picture of the Wallack shirt with a picture of JB right next to it.

If you look up obsession in the dictionary, you just may find a picture of the Wallack shirt with a picture of JB right next to it.

No question, but it runs slightly deeper than that. :act-up:

They need to sponsor a tall person, I would love to see how some of their stuff looks on someone with a frame like DJ. Their apparel is amazing I just wish I could afford it. I'm like the Steve Stricker.

They need to sponsor a tall person, I would love to see how some of their stuff looks on someone with a frame like DJ. Their apparel is amazing I just wish I could afford it. I'm like the Steve Stricker.

Peter Millar stuff and FJ stuff is just as high priced (what Stricker wears). The Sligo stuff right now is really priced great on sale.

Peter Millar stuff and FJ stuff is just as high priced (what Stricker wears). The Sligo stuff right now is really priced great on sale.

Very true I just meant in terms of boring. aka khaki and Polo shirt. This stuff is simply stunning.

Back