Sony Open - Week 1 of THP Fantasy Golf [Spoilers]

2nd :D very happy considering what i know about these players could be writen on the back of a stamp

Last I looked last night I was down to like 25th or so. Now I'm back up to 14th. I don't expect that to last since half of my team missed the cut.

By the way what is MDF? In my world it's Medium Density Fiberboard.

(M)ade cut (D)id not (F)inish...

When the field that makes the cut gets very large, or they are trying to get play finished because of weathe reasons, The PGA Tour does a modified cut.

Instead of top 70 and ties, they pay Top 70 and ties ( including FEDEX Cup points ), but they do a different playing cut.

That cut is usually "Nearest to 60".

I think I have this right...

If there are 6 people tied for 58th, and 4 people tied for 63rd, the cut is at 58 and ties.

If there are 6 people tied for 57th, and 4 people tied for 62nd, the cut is at 62 and ties.

Thanks Shank. So, Basically those guys really got hosed by the weather. And as a result, so did I. Down to four guys playing!

Only lost 2 guys and maintaining 15th! WOOT WOOT:guitar:

Thanks Shank. So, Basically those guys really got hosed by the weather. And as a result, so did I. Down to four guys playing!

...I agree ! The modified cut was designed to help The PGA Tour get the tournament done inside the TV window.

Any of these guys are capable of making the cut line, and then shooting lights out on the weekend.

...I agree ! The modified cut was designed to help The PGA Tour get the tournament done inside the TV window.

Any of these guys are capable of making the cut line, and then shooting lights out on the weekend.

you mean, like a zac johnson perhaps? what a joke, now team TC gets screwed.

Like Johnathan Byrd did last week?

No one will be "grinding it out" for a win today. 36 hole finals are always easy for someone to have one hot day and kill it out there.

Like Johnathan Byrd did last week?

No one will be "grinding it out" for a win today. 36 hole finals are always easy for someone to have one hot day and kill it out there.

hopefully it's brendon de jonge broski.

hopefully it's brendon de jonge broski.

I know dude, I think im the only one who has him on the first page if I looked correctly. I dont think it'll be enough to get me a win, because a ton of guys are above me, but he can get really streaky and he doesnt ever seem to play that bad.

DL3 going big would get me a top 5 for sure too

What does MDF mean? They didn't miss the cut but it doesn't show a score anymore.

Man, lost 3 including ZJ, but still holding on to 12th

What does MDF mean? They didn't miss the cut but it doesn't show a score anymore.

See post 227, that explains MDF.

Not understanding how I am listed in 3rd and have lost half of my players? Oh well, I am sure a top 10 finish is now in store for me.
Edit - should read. "Oh well, I am sure a top 10 finish is not in store for me."

Last edited:
Not understanding how I am listed in 3rd and have lost half of my players? Oh well, I am sure a top 10 finish is now in store for me.

The rest of your players are shootin lights out.

THPing on the fly. Sorry for lack of forum etiquette.

Can anyone tell me what the actual tv times are for today?

Team clam fist has a top ten in sight. I am lovin me some Stuart Appelby this weekend.

Can anyone tell me what the actual tv times are for today?

According to Golf Channel schedule 3pm ET

I think that was the original programming schedule, for a replay of the third round which was supposed to be yesterday (it says original air date 1/15/2011). Maybe since the third round didn't start til today, maybe, but this is from the website:

http://www.pgatour.com/2011/tournaments/r006/01/16/starter-sunday/index.html
Jan. 16, 2011

The final 36 holes of the Sony Open in Hawaii will take place Sunday at Waialae Country Club. The Golf Channel will televise live action beginning at 7 p.m. ET (2 p.m. local time).

Well, its shaping up to be another good finish. I just hope team tc gets a top 25 finish.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

What time do they tee off for the first 18 today?

Just saw that the first group is off at 7am Hawaii time.

If I can stay top 25 with only four guys in the field I'll be ecstatic! Seems rather unlikely though.

Back