So my truck was broken into.... again

johnnymo

Reaction score
Handicap
For the second time this year my truck was broken into. I keep nothing of value in it for this exact reason. Apparently some scumbag came through my neighborhood breaking into cars late last night. This is actually the fourth time this year that it has happened in my neighborhood, which is really surprising considering that it is a fairly affluent part of town.

To say I am livid is the understatement of the year. With Public Safety budgets being cut, felons being released in droves from our prisons, and our jails full the great state of California is spending money on the elimination of plastic bags, happy meals, and the legalization of marijuana. Not to mention that my county is now a sanctuary county, meaning that they will not report illegal aliens to the appropriate federal authorities.

I am at my wits end with this disaster of a state and this is the last straw for me. I am sickened with the direction we are headed and the family ties that keep me here creates an almost masochistic environment. Texas is calling my name and if I convince my girlfriend I would move there tomorrow.

Welcome to a blue state run by idiots. I'm sorry to hear your truck was broken in to. Short of the obvious, the worst petty crook is a thief...try getting a job and actually working for something, as opposed to stealing what someone else worked hard for.

Man, sorry to hear about the truck and right there with you on the disgust of the things mentioned. Hope they get these DB's soon, but they likely won't do much more than slap their wrists.

Man, sorry to hear about the truck and right there with you on the disgust of the things mentioned. Hope they get these DB's soon, but they likely won't do much more than slap their wrists.

Thanks guys. I really doubt they will catch them though as the local Police budget was cut once again and they are down to five patrol officers and four SGT total. That probably amounts to two patrol officers a shift at the most. I just looked at the city's current budget and am now furious at all the bureacratic positions that they have created. What a freaking joke.

Sorry about your truck .
It just isn't California , every state & town has the low life's .
The gene pool needs to be flushed something major :D

They get into my truck about once a year here too. It's just what we get if we don't have the truck in the garage. They haven't taken my clubs yet, though I do wish they'd take my driver next time. It ain't about blue or red, theft is everywhere. Whoever does this will get what's coming to them.

Sorry to here about that, but come on down to Texas. We have plenty of room and lots of golf courses.

Looks like you should head Northeast

08regionalcrimeratefig.gif

Sorry to here about that, but come on down to Texas. We have plenty of room and lots of golf courses.

Working on the GF right now. I am not all that familiar with the state where is a good place to start looking?

A little update I went and talked to the commune next door. Yes, I have a commune next door and it is an entire other thread that I could go into. They said that they did not have any break ins of their cars this time but they had someone vandalize their laundry room and throw a bunch of their clothes onto their roof.

Looks like you should head Northeast

08regionalcrimeratefig.gif

The northeast, while nice to visit is definitely not my cup of tea. Trading Boxer for Sanders is not an option. The direction that states like Texas, Utah, and Arizona are moving is much more to my liking.

Working on the GF right now. I am not all that familiar with the state where is a good place to start looking?

A little update I went and talked to the commune next door. Yes, I have a commune next door and it is an entire other thread that I could go into. They said that they did not have any break ins of their cars this time but they had someone vandalize their laundry room and throw a bunch of their clothes onto their roof.

Depends what your looking for. City, country, how close to things. South Texas, north texas, east, west. Cowboys/Rangers/Mavs or Texans/Spurs/Astros lol
West Texas has a lot of wind, real windy out there around the lubbock area. Up in the panhandle area it gets a lot colder during the winter. I live just north of the Ft.worth/Dallas area out in the country in a small county and I love it.

Left CA a few years back and now call TX home. Austin is the easiest transition from CA, but it all depends on what your career of choice is.

Another thing about the NE...we have 20-inches of snow on the ground and it's very cold.

Sorry to hear about your truck Johnny. I couldnt get the cops to even come over after my truck got broken into last year. They did catch the guy that broke into my house though. Now if I could find the guy who steals everything out of the back of my truck. He got my workboots a few weeks ago.
I dont blame you on wanting to move to Texas. If I didnt have a business here I would be gone.

It ain't about blue or red, theft is everywhere.

My thoughts exactly. Both sides are equally responsible for the crime situation in this country, but that's a topic for the debate room...

sorry about your truck
man i miss cali... if you want crime you should come to virginia...
all these wannabes are more dangerous than the actual gangs in cali or nyc cuz they watch too much tv and listen to too much rap and think thats what theyre supposed to be doing

My thoughts exactly. Both sides are equally responsible for the crime situation in this country, but that's a topic for the debate room...

Yah my comment had nothing to do with crime but his other comments rather... no use getting in to a political debate here, I don't wanna jack his thread, I apologize for the political comment.

Sorry to hear about your truck. 12 and a half more years and I'm heading to TX too.

Bummer thieves are the lowest for sure. Cali is so messed up in so many ways but it was about 75 today with good surf - I know if I didn't surf I would probably be outta here too

I spend a decent amount of time in the Dallas area... the burbs like Plano and Frisco are very nice, quiet, lots of golf and right now affordable..

I spend a decent amount of time in the Dallas area... the burbs like Plano and Frisco are very nice, quiet, lots of golf and right now affordable..

Yup, metroplex area is nice. Has everything you could need/want.

You guys are right. It is not about blue or red. I am so disappointed in the direction this country is headed that my head is gong to explode any minute. Is it any wonder that the economy went down the drain and is recovering at such an anemic pace? I don't know how many of us are aware of it but not a single safeguard has been put in place that would prevent the same set of dynamics that sent us tumbling the first time around from developing all over again. Why? Because the power is not with the people. The power is with the interests that make millions and in fact billions of dollars because of the way it is.

Sure banks are tighter with money for loans particularly in the housing market. So what. As long as we allow companies to lay off their bets in the derivatives markets without any means to monitor how much money is at stake and from where that is a risk that looms large over all of our heads.

Our government has become a farce as we no longer even have a two party system which is why red or blue no longer matters. We have degenerated into a one party system and the party is called the Washingtonion party. It is made up of those that are in Washington and will do just about anything to stay and those that want to get there and will do just about anything to get there. Toss the lobbyists into the Washingtonion party as well. Together they have developed into a cottage industry that is insidious in its ability to play the shell game and keep us trying to figure out which shell is hiding the pea.

So while I am dismayed at the degree to which petty theft and all kinds of street crime continues to grow, the real criminals wear suits and ties and are robbing us blind on a scale that boggles the mind. While we still have a huge economy it is no longer so large that this sort of sculduggery qualifies as background noise. Our industrial base has been eroded away and really no longer exists. Frankly it is small consolation to me that Europe is such a mess as it is not going to matter much which of us goes down the drain first.

I don't have an answer at this point. I do know that in a very real sense our government no longer represents us. "We the people" are no longer at the crux of the argument. We are in fact perilously close to being nothing more to the members of the Washingtonion party than a bunch of batteries much like how we were represented in the movie series the Matrix, a massive power grid designed to keep the Washingtonions living in the style to which they have become accustomed while we simply toil away blissfully unaware of the lowly status we occupy in their eyes.

As for the DB's that robbed your truck, they serve as a perfect foil as we are stuck desperately trying to hold onto the little piece of this country we have been able to carve out for ourselves while the Washingtonions and their buddies continue to siphon off billions to themselves and their cronies.

So much for not getting into politics Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd never heard of anything like a sanctuary county before but if these do in fact exist its disgusting.

I have had both cars broken into at night, I added garage doors and have eliminated that problem. If the thieves decide to come into the house now, I hope they are not afraid of gun shots, because I will be shooting.

Back