Spring 2011 Northeast Golf Gathering

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
Since most of us in the Northeast are buried under 20"+ of snow and we are all beginning to get the spring itch, I thought I'd start the thread for our Spring Northeast Golf Gathering. (Wishful hoping that we can be putting on grass soon?)

Anyways, I was looking at the calendar and based on typical course openings in the Northeast and the first touches of mid 50's, it looks like the first two weeks in April may be a good time for a little early spring golf. For those of us going to West Palm Beach, we can use this as a warm up event.

At the end of the Fall 2010 Gathering we discussed doing a full two days so we could have an evening of hanging out. Given that the full blown THP Outing is in May, this may not be possible financially for some of us but I did want to put that out there.

So, I'm opening the floor for interest, location suggestions, how many days, etc.

For those of you interested here is the link from last Fall's Gathering at Mountain Laurel Golf Club in White Haven, PA http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14039-Fall-2010-Northeast-Golf-Gathering

And here are the pictures from the Fall 2010 Get Together http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?14601-Pictures-of-the-2010-Fall-Northeast-Gathering

Let the planning begin!

Ahhh memories. You know I just went through that thread and looked through the pictures and man did we have a good time. I might have to visit the accountant during that time... wink, wink.

In any case, have a good time, take lots of pics and hopefully some memorable moments will happen again.

Ahhh memories. You know I just went through that thread and looked through the pictures and man did we have a good time. I might have to visit the accountant during that time... wink, wink.

In any case, have a good time, take lots of pics and hopefully some memorable moments will happen again.

I had to do the same thing! I hope you find a reason to be around one of those weekends. Would be fantastic to have you back.

Little Bertha and I are almost certainly in. Although, I'd rather not drive all the way to PA - since when is that Northeast anyway :D ??

Little Bertha and I are almost certainly in. Although, I'd rather not drive all the way to PA - since when is that Northeast anyway :D ??
Well, from down here it is. :D

You can more than likely count me in for this one. My niece's birthday was the weekend of the Fall '10 gathering, and she would have never forgiven me if I wasn't there.

If we're taking votes on where to hold the gathering, I'd prefer the Scranton area again.

Mountain Laurel was a nice course to play, it was about a 3.5 hour drive for me and I think about the same for Mary which made for a long day. I wouldn't mind making it a 2 day event this year whether in the Spring of Fall. Don't forget the Masters is April 7-10 so we should probably avoid that weekend. I can't wait to get back out on the course, would love to meet up with some old friends and hopefully some new ones.

Back