Cleveland Releasing TA7 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The TA7 Gunmetal irons are a throwback tribute to one of our most popular iron shapes of all time. A simple cavity back is packaged with our Microcavity™ design to remove weight from the top of the head and redistribute material lower and deeper. The combination is forgiving and provides improved launch conditions – even on off-center strikes. Players of all abilities can once again appreciate the beauty of timeless equipment design. Available in the classic Gunmetal™ Finish.

Believe the price is $399

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=12089

US.4kxds0nutk3f

There seems to be a lot of offset there. Hopefully more Cleveland irons will find their way into golf bags.

I like this move. With this and the Classic putters, Cleveland could become a major force in the budget golf world.

I like this move but I think you have to be careful about how much budget equipment you put out into the marketplace as a major OEM.

I like this move but I think you have to be careful about how much budget equipment you put out into the marketplace as a major OEM.

They offset it with the CG16 line and the Never Compromise Gamblers

• Admin

Can I ask why? I mean they certainly have non-budget equipment and higher end lines as well. I would think hitting a bunch of different price points is a good thing.

Just noticed the price. Wow. That's a bold move and I like it. Would love to see these at the THP Outing so I can see how they stack up to higher priced lines. I'm a huge fan of the Classics putters.

This is a great move by Cleveland. And those are some nice looking sticks.

Can I ask why? I mean they certainly have non-budget equipment and higher end lines as well. I would think hitting a bunch of different price points is a good thing.

I just meant that if you release too much lower end equipment and it sells really well you can start to be know for those lines and people forget how good your high end equipment is. I don't think Cleveland is any where near this but look at how long it has taken Wilson to try and get their name back to where it was.

Not my favorite in the looks department, but that price is awesome. Very interested in how they perform.

I love the look. Some of the best looking cavity backs I have seen.

I think it's a good move by Cleveland. It has a nice look to it and has a great price.

I just meant that if you release too much lower end equipment and it sells really well you can start to be know for those lines and people forget how good your high end equipment is. I don't think Cleveland is any where near this but look at how long it has taken Wilson to try and get their name back to where it was.

I think Wilsons problems were far deeper but just my opinion. I guess I see it like this. As a company, I believe it is important to hit many different price points. Look at Titleist with the ball market. I dont think anybody felt less about the Pro V1 because they had DT's and Pinnacles. But they missed a price point at $29.99 and so they created the NXT Tour. It was not a revolutionary ball by any means as many other companies had similar balls priced there or $5 cheaper, but it hit a price point they needed.

Cleveland has quite a few price points in place, but the consumer friendly price point iron category has been filled with a lot of "average at best" clubs in my opinion and if a major OEM can make some quality stuff at that price, I think it is huge for consumer loyalty. Again, all of this is just my opinion on the biz side of things.

I think Wilsons problems were far deeper but just my opinion. I guess I see it like this. As a company, I believe it is important to hit many different price points. Look at Titleist with the ball market. I dont think anybody felt less about the Pro V1 because they had DT's and Pinnacles. But they missed a price point at $29.99 and so they created the NXT Tour. It was not a revolutionary ball by any means as many other companies had similar balls priced there or $5 cheaper, but it hit a price point they needed.

Cleveland has quite a few price points in place, but the consumer friendly price point iron category has been filled with a lot of "average at best" clubs in my opinion and if a major OEM can make some quality stuff at that price, I think it is huge for consumer loyalty. Again, all of this is just my opinion on the biz side of things.

You know a lot more about the golf biz then I will ever know so I trust your judgement. It was just a thought.

You know a lot more about the golf biz then I will ever know so I trust your judgement. It was just a thought.

Nah, not really. Just studying biz trends. I love your input.

It is good the Cleveland has multiple options in the GI iron area.

What else is out there at this price? New equipment, not 3+year old stuff.

^ I totally agree. Especially with the economic situation we are experiencing many do not have the disposable income to go out and drop $700 on a new set. However @ $399 the door opens to a whole new market that most OEMs do not have a product in. Cleveland has definitely thrown their full weight behind these new lines this year and its most certainly bringing some new blood into their market.

I agree, very interesting and a very attractive set for a number of friends of mine who want a new set but dont want to spend $600 or more

Very nice looking. I would be happy to play them if they worked for me. Way to go Cleveland!

I really like the A7 hybrid and Iron set from Adams last year, especially at $500. Multiple price options are good for golf and the OEMs. Good on Cleveland for recognizing this.

cgred.jpg

Very similar design. And I can tell you from a lot of experience they work well (the TA7's do too)

Very nice and bare bones and at that price point, should attract a following. Cleveland is doing a great job for the budget conscious consumer with this and the classic putter lines. I can't wait to hear how it stacks up with other clubs.

Very similar design. And I can tell you from a lot of experience they work well (the TA7's do too)

I thought the CG Red was the tour version of the irons with less offset and thinner sole and top line? I am going off memory as I have not hit them in a couple of years.

Back