Things I learned in 2010

I learned

1. I don't make enough money to read the equipment forum
2. A bank job isn't as straightforward as the movies make it look
3. Neither is hitting my driver or putting past the hole.

1. I love living 2 blocks from 2 great golf courses.
2. I love working 4 - 10 hr days with every Friday off to play more golf.
3. The more Fridays I play golf, the lower my handicap goes.
4. THP is the best golf site on the internet !!

1. You should really evaluate equipment purchases and make sure you are 100% sure you need something before buying it.

That's one way to try and stem the tide of golf equipment purchasing (GEP for short... it should be an advertised condition)... I suffer from it terribly.

For me...
1. The hole is not called the "target"
2. Failing at golf is too easy for a beginner - it's how you assess the good things from your 'failure' and move forward.
3. Forest fires can shroud entire fairways and make finding balls impossible.
4. You can never wear enough mosquito repellant
5. When leaves hit the ground, bring a bucket of balls with you.
... more later.

1: Proper fit equipment makes a HUGE difference. Get it done, no exceptions
2: Walking the course is more enjoyable then riding. It also helps after hitting a bad shot to calm down
3: This is a game of constant learning. Enjoy it and have fun. Bad shots are going to happen. If you think they won't, please show me the millions you've made from the game
3b: f nothing else teachs your patience in your life, this will

1: 3b: f nothing else teachs your patience in your life, this will

Or that anger is really expensive... (hasn't happened to me yet)

Also true! :D

I wish buddy, but I just couldn't get the.money together fast enough before it filled up. Hopefully I can make it to game sometime this summer though a 12 hour driver is easy.

Well dude just come on down to Georgia when you can. We will have small get together's throughout the year in different parts of the state. Anyways a few of my 2010 things to be thankful for are:

Having another year with my sweet Mom who will be 92 years young this March. (Not numbered) Just so blessed to have her with me.

1. Having a wife that loves golf as much as I do where we can share our passion for golf. It's the memories we are building while on trips, get togethers with local or THP friends from ALL over the country.

2. Appreciating good health more. It's hard to sit on the sidelines and watch the world pass ya by.

3. THP! Can I say more? KellyBo and I have met so many incredibly nice folks on the forum and had some even stay with us at our home. It has been a blast!

4. Going to the THP Outing in West Palm Beach and meeting JB & GG and all the other avatars we were talking to on here :D.

5. Having great friends like JRod to encourage ya with the love. Also having health threads like the 5 - 10 - 15 where we are constantly hearing great reports on weight loss, physical fitness gains. This will carry on into 2011 and for life as we are working towards a lifestyle change!

6. Having two get togethers in Blairsville, Ga where so many memories were built with the Southeastern Group guys! Heck we even had SW Fla come up from South Fla and DirtGuy from Indiana come all the way to visit us, in the small town of Blairsville, Ga.

7. Giving up my aspirations on playing on the Champions Tour :D.. yea gonna give those old men a break lol....

Since the #7 is my lucky number I am going to stop there although there are many more things that could go on my thankful list for 2010!

I think the Champion Tour boys are happy to hear about number 7, Gray. They just don't have the length to keep up with you.

Back