Trying to Break 100

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was that upset with mmy irons today i went staright down the range and hit 80 7 irons lol

Just wanted to sign up and post in this thread.

This was my goal for 2010 and I sort of missed it. 103 for 18. I play a lot of 9 hole afternoons and did break a combined 100 three different times, but that doesn't really count. So it's still top of the list for 2011. Hopefully I can get it knocked out in the first part of the year.

Look forward to following your process datarez.

This was my goal for 2010 and I sort of missed it. 103 for 18. I play a lot of 9 hole afternoons and did break a combined 100 three different times, but that doesn't really count. So it's still top of the list for 2011. Hopefully I can get it knocked out in the first part of the year.

Good luck on the goal and welcome to THP.

:hello:

I know my problem is the short game. Last time I scored a 109, and I counted more than 9 mishit wedges for the round. I also know I am improving in this area with lessons and practice.

Also my usual course having a slope of 130 has something to do with it. I could break 100 occasionally if I played slope 110 courses.

Good luck on your goal datarez.

Boss, you'll be shooting sub 100 in no time, guaranteed.

Thanks for the well wishes & welcomes.

I still duff a few off the tee and end up racking up a lot of penalty shots through lost balls. If I can get those down I'll be there.

Oobgolf profile

Just shot a 104 with 43 putts(yep 43) and 5 penalty shots,finally after 9 months of playing I learned how to hit down on a golf ball.

ok so got my 4th round booked for 8am gmt
with my new found power and more consistant ball striking im gonna enjoy it this week

Best score of last year was 104. Crap.
Started out that round playing bogey golf, then I hit a few bad shots and lost focus.

Wow for all you guys who just started this past year and are shooting 100 +/-, I am incredibly jealous.
My goal this year is to take my score down to 110 ish. We shall see if that happens.

I did it once in the rain, 99 last year, but after that my best was 105... I seem to struggle with consistency. I will play bogey golf for 10 hole stretches and then blow up and run a string of 8s and 9s and worse and sink the round.

My first two rounds of the year, 100 and 96. My 96 was a result of not blowing up the Par 3's, +1 for the day and par on 2 of 3 Par 5's.

Off to a pretty good start for the year, hopefully I can break 95 then 90.

Well, I think I'm going backwards. I shot a 115 on Saturday and I was mighty happy with that. We played a par 75 course (from the red front tees) and I walked over 6000 yards at least, but that's just the yardage of the front tees. The BF shot a 100! I was close at one point shooting a 105, my best ever!!

First 3 rounds of the year are in the books 100, 96, and a 94. I originally thought I shot another 96 but upon entering the score in OOB I found the total to be a 94.

I want to book one more sub-par 100 round before moving on.

My play from the tee has been more consistent, and I am starting to hit greens more often.

shot a 97 this past sunday,53 on the front and a 44 on the back which included a 9 on a par 5.on the 9 I had the third shot was only 30 yards away and I managed 6 more strokes lol.

so i get another chance tomorrow i think i might have chose a slighty difficult course im playing the forest of arden championship course. it hosts the british masters lol wish me luck. must make sure i pack plenty of balls as 2 of the holes have water the full length.

shot a 97 this past sunday,53 on the front and a 44 on the back which included a 9 on a par 5.on the 9 I had the third shot was only 30 yards away and I managed 6 more strokes lol.

Congrats on breaking the century mark

so i get another chance tomorrow i think i might have chose a slighty difficult course im playing the forest of arden championship course. it hosts the british masters lol wish me luck. must make sure i pack plenty of balls as 2 of the holes have water the full length.

Good Luck

After the range session yesterday I'm not sure I can break 120

boy am i happy :D 97 today woop. in 20-30 mph winds. had my first birdie and chip in well pleased
56 out
41 in with 3 pars and a birdie
71% of fairways
gir 6 %

WTG boss, that 41 on the way in is impressive.

boy am i happy :D 97 today woop. in 20-30 mph winds. had my first birdie and chip in well pleased
56 out
41 in with 3 pars and a birdie
71% of fairways
gir 6 %

Nice round boss you have come a long way in a short time. Great back 9 and your FIR is GREAT, you get your GIR up a little bit and you will be breaking 90 in no time.

Way to go Boss! You said last time you would just go out and have fun and let it happen, sounds like it worked. 41 on the way in is great, you'll be breaking 90 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back