Taylormade XFT Wedge

I have the 54 and 60 and they are great!
I have the non conforming grooves.

The only thing that worries me, is I heard from a local pro that they were POS, something to do with a trampolene effect. Anyone else see this?

The only thing that worries me, is I heard from a local pro that they were POS, something to do with a trampolene effect. Anyone else see this?

This was discussed a lot on another thread (or maybe earlier in this one).

No trampoline effect at all on my end. It works wonderfully and I converted my entire wedge set to these after trying out the 56* at the outing. I have seen no documentation that the trampoline effect exists, a lot of pro's use them (and they wouldnt play POS equipment), and they won the THP wedge shoot out. That's good enough for me!

No, I don't.

Lol, it was a joke, referring to earlier posts in this thread.

No trampoline effect at all on my end. It works wonderfully and I converted my entire wedge set to these after trying out the 56* at the outing. I have seen no documentation that the trampoline effect exists, a lot of pro's use them (and they wouldnt play POS equipment), and they won the THP wedge shoot out. That's good enough for me!

After this came up in this thread earlier, I decided to speak to some tour reps that have not seen one case of this. In fact more tour players are playing it this year than last year and quite a few dont have to. I have even tried to simulate it on the launch monitor and just can't see it. I have heard it from 2-3 people on the internet now, but never actually seen someone replicate it on a monitor and the tour guys aren't seeing it from what we are seeing.

I know JB, it was apoorly though out joke. I apologize for getting the thread off track and wasting ya'lls time typing responses.

No worries. In all seriousness, I really have tried to recreate it like a dozen times now.

here is mine treated with some vibrantgolf love :

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

I am not seeing it either, no trampoline at all. And yes there was quite a huge deal over this a while back lol

edit: whoops, im a little late to see that it was joke now haha

I wonder what company he worked for... I kid, I kid. I just can't understand where he came up with his argument. I reread this thread when I am feeling down, justice was served that day.

No worries. In all seriousness, I really have tried to recreate it like a dozen times now.

lol. Glad to see you were willing to help though!
I am not seeing it either, no trampoline at all. And yes there was quite a huge deal over this a while back lol

edit: whoops, im a little late to see that it was joke now haha

Anyone seen what I'm talking about regarding the placement of the word "milled?"

Very Nice! Maybe one of these days....

That's really cool. These and the cg 14 is what I have narrowed my wedge search down to and if I end up getting these, I might have to do that in red.

Picked up a 52* XFT after I could no find a Ping Tour W after they closed them out here in PHX. Haven't got a chance to hit it yet but playing Friday morning
so maybe then.

Ahh, memories.

Tapatalk: Not just for the bathroom.

See the difference in the placement of the word "milled?" Did they change their mind because mine is under the loft/bounce.

I'm guessing JB received an early version of this wedge. I think all of the ones I have seen in person have "Milled" under the loft/bounce

Bump for dent.

I really like them, I have 5 extra face plates so I can change them out at any time. I dont notice the any difference in the faceplate than that of a wedge that doesnt have one. Have heard they dont feel as good as the CG line which I can probably see why. They have that nice clean look and a lot of different bounce choices. I stuck some DG spinners shafts in all 3 of mine and there awesome. I probably hit over 100 wedge shots today and love them more and more each time.

Bump for dent.

I really like them, I have 5 extra face plates so I can change them out at any time. I dont notice the any difference in the faceplate than that of a wedge that doesnt have one. Have heard they dont feel as good as the CG line which I can probably see why. They have that nice clean look and a lot of different bounce choices. I stuck some DG spinners shafts in all 3 of mine and there awesome. I probably hit over 100 wedge shots today and love them more and more each time.

Thanks bridges, couple questions:

1) What difference do the DG Spinners make?

2) I have had TM Z TP's before and I compared them to my vokeys and the TP's were alot smaller head, is this the case with the XFT's as well?

3) Does the face wear down quicker than a normal face? How long have you had them and how many times have you changed the face?

4) Are they pretty soft wedges?

Thanks bridges, couple questions:

1) What difference do the DG Spinners make?

They lower the ball flight some, which was good for me since I hit wedges really really high and actually the lowering of the ball flight made me gain about 5 yards per wedge. They also add about 700 more rpms of Backspin to help the ball stop faster. I also noticed that they just feel a little more solid at impact. It's hard to tell unless your looking for it but I did notice that once I got used to swinging them. I really had no problem going from the Hi-rev shafts to these, didn't notice a thing(swinging wise) but have noticed the lower ball flight. I'm not much of a spinner of the ball but have noticed i don't get much roll out if any with a RX ball on full shots.

2) I have had TM Z TP's before and I compared them to my vokeys and the TP's were alot smaller head, is this the case with the XFT's as well?

I played those same wedges. I think this head might be a tad bigger than those Z TP's but it's been a while since I have seen one so can't remember a 100%.

3) Does the face wear down quicker than a normal face? How long have you had them and how many times have you changed the face?

Face is holding up nicely, don't notice it wearing down fast at all. Haven't even changed the face plates, had them for I guess 4-5 months now.

4) Are they pretty soft wedges?

This is were I can't help to much. I have only played the Z TP's and now these. So it would not be accurate if I said yes or no about that. However comparing them to the Z TP's I think there a little more firmer feel. Just guessing here but I'm sure the CG wedges and vokeys are a little softer In feel. Its not that its like a brick just a touch firmer than the Z TP's in my opinion. JB can probably help you on this one more though.

Put my answers right under your questions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on thanks for your responses man. Because of this post I am definatly going to consider these wedges (Well I already have) and as well I'll look into the spinner shafts. I hit a high wedge as well.

Are the spinner shafts a little heavier than a regular KBS wedge shaft or a basic stock wedge shaft?

Back